Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What plots from sg1 do you want tobe carried on in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what sg1 plots in atlantis do i want to see?? erm...NONE.

weve already got carter coming over, weve got the replicators/asurans, weve already had a goa'uld on atlantis...

atlantis isnt a dumping ground for those untold stories sg1 never got to tell, it is its own show...if anything i have plots from atlantis eps i would love to see continued.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

I think some races and events should be used or mentioned in Atlantis or in Universe too, because this is a common scifi world.

My ideas for Atlantis:
      - Gatebridge, SGC' future
      - Replicator families - RepliCarter, Fifth
      - Replicator-Asgard connection
      - Baal, Tok'Ra, free Jaffas
      - Nox, fate of the Great Alliance
      - Rhee'tou
      - "Chrystal skull" aliens
      - Nem ("Fire and Water" aliens)
      - "Watergate" aliens
      - Merlin, Melia, Janus, Desala, Morgan
      - Merlin's clocking device
      - Sodan technology
      - Greek, Arthurian and Hindu mythology
      - some Universe spoiler for the future
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I want to see the Asgard legacy continued on through Atlantis. Ship upgrades etc... And I would love to see a Goulded Wraith. That would be excellent. Some people don't realise that this is one big Stargate universe, things are bound to cross over, just like we had the puddle jumper on SG-1, and a Gould in Caldwell in Atlantis. Things are bound to cross from one part to another, especially now that the space between galaxies is getting smaller (faster ships, gate bridge etc...). TBH it would be stupider if the shows were completely seperate, that just wouldn't be realistic.

I don't want to see much though. I don't want Atlantis to be dumping ground for SG-1 stories, I'd be very happy with the two things I mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
          Movies: fine
          Soap operas run on CBS, NBC, and ABC not on the Sci-Fi Channel!!! That is my opinion anyway. If you disagree, great, everyone should have their point of view.
          I dont mean to be a noog, But, sadly, Sci-Fi is OWNED by NBC Universal. So, they naturally have some sort of influence when it comes to Sci-Fi and what is shown. :x Just making a point. lol. However, I do agree, as with wrestling. soap operas and wrestling dont belong on sci-fi.

I also agree with Platschu's thinking. Stargate is one giant universe. I wouldnt mind seeing a few SG-1 aspects on Atlantis, just as long as it's tastefully done.

Five Stages Of Grief:
          1. Denial 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance.
          RIP SG1 & SGA.
          .::My Myspace | My DeviantArt Gallery::.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

If you're in need of a sig/tag drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to make ya one. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            I think some races and events should be used or mentioned in Atlantis or in Universe too, because this is a common scifi world.

My ideas for Atlantis:
            - Gatebridge, SGC' future
            - Replicator families - RepliCarter, Fifth
            - Replicator-Asgard connection
            - Baal, Tok'Ra, free Jaffas
            - Nox, fate of the Great Alliance
            - Rhee'tou
            - "Chrystal skull" aliens
            - Nem ("Fire and Water" aliens)
            - "Watergate" aliens
            - Merlin, Melia, Janus, Desala, Morgan
            - Merlin's clocking device
            - Sodan technology
            - Greek, Arthurian and Hindu mythology
            - some Universe spoiler for the future
            Soooo... you basically want to transplant SG1 to SGA? I mean... with all those plots you've listed there that you want to carry over to SGA, what room is left for SGA stories?
            sigpic

Comment

SGFerrit and Mana: I agree with you.

Alipeeps: They can use only 2-3 element from my list in a season. The Replicators, the Asgard or the Ancients are already there, but there were less discovery about them. I think this is a mistake that we fight with the Ancients against the Ori, but the war never reached really the Pegasus galaxy.

The other elements are mostly old or new races on my list. The Pegasus becamed deserted because of the TPTB. Melia mentioned in Rising that there is only Wraith and humans. I think this is not enough and the TPTB closed so many oppurtinites from the viewers. We liked SG-1 because they told stories about aliens who visited Earth in our history. We could see first contact episodes too. But this feeling is missing from Atlantis and they are only there to get more war technology. They began a long war story arc and it seemed they couldn't finish it logically. The S4 spoilers are good and intresting, because they will re-create the Wraith and the Asurans to be a 3D race.

I think the 4 galaxy (MW, Pegasus, "Ori" and "Ida") shouldn't be seperated, because so many races can travel with ships (Goa'uld, Ori, Wraith, Replicators) and if they create 2 new gatesystem (an Asgard and an Ori) than they can tell bigger stories in SG:A or in SG:U. I would like to see trade routes, alliances, mythological references, good and bad side for every race etc.
              Last edited by Platschu; 30 May 2007, 08:22 AM.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                Soooo... you basically want to transplant SG1 to SGA? I mean... with all those plots you've listed there that you want to carry over to SGA, what room is left for SGA stories?
                Yup. Let's have new stories. No villains from SG1/Pegasus galaxy. sure, you can travel back and forth. What next? A MacDonald's stand in Atlantis??

I'd personally prefer never to see a Jaffa, Ori, Gou'ald again unless it's in the SG1 movies. The biggest problem is that if SG1 stuff is brought over, the writers will get complacent and not write new and fascinating scripts. We don't need any Merlin stuff on SGA. Shudder. Let somebody, TNT, make a knights of the round table series, but leave it out of scifi and SGA. The wraith have great potential if the writers would stop importing the stupid replicators over. They're DULL villains. They have no passion, just 'we don't like you, we're going to destroy you, ho hum." Ditto with the Ori.

I do like SG1 by the way, but on its own merits. I don't think purely SG1 fans would like it if suddenly SGA storylines and characters were taking over SG1 either....

Comment

The whole SG-1 has to be seperated from Atlantis thing is similar to a garden, where are fruits and vegetables, but we can't product them together and we had to build fence between them. But now the fence isn't enough, so we need walls, because we could see what is on the other side and we will forget that two garden has to same owner.

So why not? The Wraith should have reached the MW. Not Earth, but a little planet where they began to build a new empire. The Ori and Asgard should have sent scout ships to Pegasus already. I hope the Asurans will visit the Ida galaxy too.

Merlin and the Ancients: The writers created this cross-over in Pegasus Project, so they don't have to forget it. Merlin and his people lived in Atlantis, so the city have to be searched by Ori troops, because Adria has to know about it. The SGC teams found so many good Goa'uld and Ancient technology in MW that they should have used in the Atlantis expedition. This would be logical theoratically.

What I don't like so much, that there is only wars in scifi. War, war again, short peace, bigger war, first strike, counter-strike etc. Personally I don't like weapons, so you can understand my point of view that it is not so entertaining that we watch stories about how we kill each other and other races. The expediton went to Atlantis to meet the Ancients and have weapons against the Goa'uld. The TPTB created new enemies to them, so the basic reasons disappeared. So I would like to see more stories about exploration and peaceful adventures (alien plants, animals, strange wheather etc.) next to the big space battles.
                  Last edited by Platschu; 30 May 2007, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    sam/jack.

either do it in the movies or finalize it on atlantis.

sally
                    get married on the set of atalntis with the ocean in the background and have a wraith as the best man
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Mana View Post
                      I dont mean to be a noog, But, sadly, Sci-Fi is OWNED by NBC Universal. So, they naturally have some sort of influence when it comes to Sci-Fi and what is shown. :x Just making a point. lol. However, I do agree, as with wrestling. soap operas and wrestling dont belong on sci-fi.

I also agree with Platschu's thinking. Stargate is one giant universe. I wouldnt mind seeing a few SG-1 aspects on Atlantis, just as long as it's tastefully done.
                      But NBC Universal is the distributor of the producers (MGM/Bridge Studios(?)) work, not the producers. I don't think they would have a lot of influence on stories other than if the ratings are bad, change or we will cancel it. If NBC pushes the producers for some type of change then they should do what Babylon 5: Crusade did, tell them to **** off and end the show. That would show integrity in my eyes anyway. Look at all the other crap on Sci-Fi Channel, you want more of that if SGA ends?? I certainly don't.
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        The whole SG-1 has to be seperated from Atlantis thing is similar to a garden, where are fruits and vegetables, but we can't product them together and we had to build fence between them. But now the fence isn't enough, so we need walls, because we could see what is on the other side and we will forget that two garden has to same owner.

So why not? The Wraith should have reached the MW. Not Earth, but a little planet where they began to build a new empire. The Ori and Asgard should have sent scout ships to Pegasus already. I hope the Asurans will visit the Ida galaxy too.

Merlin and the Ancients: The writers created this cross-over in Pegasus Project, so they don't have to forget it. Merlin and his people lived in Atlantis, so the city have to be searched by Ori troops, because Adria has to know about it. The SGC teams found so many good Goa'uld and Ancient technology in MW that they should have used in the Atlantis expedition. This would be logical theoratically.

What I don't like so much, that there is only wars in scifi. War, war again, short peace, bigger war, first strike, counter-strike etc. Personally I don't like weapons, so you can understand my point of view that it is not so entertaining that we watch stories about how we kill each other and other races. The expediton went to Atlantis to meet the Ancients and have weapons against the Goa'uld. The TPTB created new enemies to them, so the basic reasons disappeared. So I would like to see more stories about exploration and peaceful adventures (alien plants, animals, strange wheather etc.) next to the big space battles.
                        Seems like it is too much to ask to have the real SGA. I really don't want SG-1 taking over the show. We have wraith who should be better developed. If all that stuff from SG-1 came over to SGA then what would the point have been in creating Stargate: Atlantis?
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
                          Seems like it is too much to ask to have the real SGA. I really don't want SG-1 taking over the show. We have wraith who should be better developed. If all that stuff from SG-1 came over to SGA then what would the point have been in creating Stargate: Atlantis?
                          Well I think the stuff about the Ancients needs to be a plot that is carried over and i wouldnt mind crossovers but I don't see SGA turning into SG-1, and I wouldnt want it to. There is alot that still needs to be developed, and I can't wait to see how all of this gets developed.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ok, but what will you say about Stargate : Universe? They can't use SG-1 plots there too to not be SG-1 v3.0? Should they kill the Wraith too at the end of the Atlantis to protect them from re-use in next SG shows as they did with the Asgards and Goa'uld? I hope you understand my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              get married on the set of atalntis with the ocean in the background

and have a wraith as the best man

i'm assuming the wraith are the vampire rockstar looking villans on the show? uh... can we have someone a little less... scary as best man?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I have to say, this worries me a little. As a long time viewer of both shows, I'm all for SG1 viewers coming over to Atlantis. I love the show, and hey, I want other people to love it too. So, come one, come all, please!

But, I have to wonder... are some SG1 fans coming over thinking it's going to be just an extension of SG1, now that Carter's here? Because I think if they're going into it expecting that and hoping for that, they're only going to be disappointed and upset. Atlantis has its own stories, its own main characters, its own villains. Yeah, they're related, but they are two separate shows, going two different places.

To all the SG-1 fans, I'm saying, and I'm saying this sincerely, please don't set yourself up for disappointment by expecting all those loose ends from SG1 to be neatly resolved for you in Atlantis, just because Sam is there. You can't just expect to follow the story over to Atlantis and pick up where you left off, because there's already a different story going on.

I'm not just saying this because I don't want to see it. I'm saying it because I honestly don't think it's going to happen, and if SG1 viewers come in with their hearts set on seeing Sam/Jack resolved, the Ori, Merlin's weapon, all the other stuff from SG1 that they didn't get to see because it was cancelled... they're really going to be disappointed and upset. Because I will be very surprised if you see any of that stuff.

Just my thoughts.
                                Last edited by Killdeer; 30 May 2007, 02:56 PM.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X