Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What plots from sg1 do you want tobe carried on in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the problem with SG1 plots is that they had 10 years and nothing really solved. They brought lots of plots and mini-plots and were not able to explain them later. Look at Babylon 5. Many plots appeared in S1 suddenly make sense in S4...so it works, you just have to want to do it.
    And no offense to all who want some explanations, but, when authors were not able to end those plots in 10 years, 10 YEARS! so why they should be carried over to SGA? It has its own plots and I don´t want to say in S6 (yes, I believe Atlantis will get that far) "what the hell happened with Genii?" or so.
    10 years was enough and when it´s not enough for simple explanation, then it´s their problem. I don´t want to destroy another show by it.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I asked Joseph Mallozzi about two little SG-1 reference, but he hasn't answered:

1. What did McKay in Siberia after 48 Hours? What is his opinion about the IOA, SGC and politics? Will he mention this case when he will meet with Teal'c and Carter? What is McKay's opinion about Colonel Chekov's fate and the Russians?

2. Lorne should mention the Unas. He was a member of an SG-1 team in Enemy mine, but he neve told any stories about his past adventures. It could be a new way to learn about his character.

Are this examples so dangerous?
      Last edited by Platschu; 01 June 2007, 01:58 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

If you want to see something specific like that happen, the last thing you should do is suggest it to the writers

Comment

I know that they don't accept scripts from fans and they don't read fan fictions. These weren't even scenes, only some reference suggestion. I remember how many fans liked to hear about Hebridan and Langara in Counterstrike. Such references create the real SG athmosphere and continuum. Maybe the shows are about the SGC, Atlantis and the characters, but there are life out there. 10-20-30 races travel with the gatesystems and ships, so they have to meet each other. The writers should mention more little backstories what are happening in the galaxy (Hive A attacked Hive B next to Planet C etc, Race D made an alliance with Race E etc.).
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            The writers should mention more little backstories what are happening in the galaxy (Hive A attacked Hive B next to Planet C etc, Race D made an alliance with Race E etc.).
            If it's not relevant to the story being told, it won't happen. Part of what is a plot-driven show.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
              I don't want to see any plots from SG1 carried over to Atlantis either. I want to learn more about the Pegasus galaxy and have the Wraith developed beyond being cannon fodder in exciting action scenes.

Having said this, I'm perfectly happy to have some crossover elements because Atlantis is in the same universe as SG1 and the Atlantis base is no longer cut off.

I think this is exactly the way I stand. The main plotlines of SG1 need to remain with SG1 related things. The plotlines that have been explored on both shows should continue in that manner. The occasional and well blended logical crossover of an idea or character is acceptable to me as well because of the vary reason you say: these shows are in the same universe and it would be quite strange on the writers parts to never ever talk about earth, the IOA or the SGC again. Even if its just a bit of news brought over from a ship or from new crew.

I am absolutely against the idea of isolating Atlantis and beginning to market and write the show as if it were a totally new creation. To me, that would be like some odd crossover between Farscape and Lost in Space where the humans from earth are stuck galaxies away from home with only wormholes and ships as company. I Like the idea of Atlantis being an expedition or colony of relatively present-time earth. It can still be a fresh show and they can still explore the Peg galaxy and the city while keeping their ties to the entire canon Stargate universe.
              sigpic
              sig by kidwizz

Comment

well, i for one would quite like to see the 'foothold' aliens again... or at least a reference made to them... i mean, they were mysterious creatures on a mysterious mission with some pretty advanced tech... maybe we could see them infiltrate the wraith or something?

but i accept i may be on my own on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                  I think the problem with SG1 plots is that they had 10 years and nothing really solved. They brought lots of plots and mini-plots and were not able to explain them later. Look at Babylon 5. Many plots appeared in S1 suddenly make sense in S4...so it works, you just have to want to do it.
                  And no offense to all who want some explanations, but, when authors were not able to end those plots in 10 years, 10 YEARS! so why they should be carried over to SGA? It has its own plots and I don´t want to say in S6 (yes, I believe Atlantis will get that far) "what the hell happened with Genii?" or so.
                  10 years was enough and when it´s not enough for simple explanation, then it´s their problem. I don´t want to destroy another show by it.
                  the problem with sg1 was they'd go, oh, we might not get renewed, let's tie up this or kill off this person. they had no real direction in concluding the gou'ald problem and starting another. no sg1 plots should be carried over to sGA cuz they had a decade to wrap it up; like you said, if they can't do it in that time, don't screw up another show.

Comment

What plots from SG-1 do I want to be carried on in Atlantis?

None, zero, zilch... well, you get the picture.

SGA should focus on telling SGA storylines - period. As it is, there are too many loose threads hanging in SGA to even think about also trying to incorporate SG-1 storylines. What a mess that would be!

Although I wouldn't mind an occasional reference to SG-1 elements, SGA should not devote valuable time on plots that originated in SG-1.

If the TPTB want to continue SG-1 storylines, then they should plan to tie up those loose ends in the SG-1 movies and allow SGA to develop and carry on its own set of storylines.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

There are only a couple that I want to see carried over into SG-1 because as has been said this is Atlantis, not SG-1. But the ones I want carried over, or answered, are;

Are there any more ancient outposts like Dakara or that proclarush one of any kind in the Milky Way.

Who were the bad guys in Grace (season 7 I think)
                      sigpic
                      If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                      I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                        I disagree. All of SG-1's main plots were resolved. Some of the mini plots or stand alone stories didnt at that's not a big deal. The only one I might want to see revisited is the Aschen other than that it doesnt bother me if the stand alones/filler eps or mini plot stories don't get finished. It is that way in most tv shows. The filler plots usually don't get more than one or two references. The same can be said of SGA. The Genii would be a major plot so if anything is left of that meaning Laden or koyla then they will. I do agree on one point though. No SG-1 one stories on Atlantis with three exceptions. The Asgard, the Ancients and an occasional trip to Earth.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The only SG'1 plot I want to see carried over to Atlantis: The advancement of our own technology.
                          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                            The only SG'1 plot I want to see carried over to Atlantis: The advancement of our own technology.
                            that would be cool. I don't like that they keep bringing Asgard/Ancient tech instead of developing our own.
                            I mean thats supposedly the whole point of us being in atlantis.

Comment

they haven't done any sg1 storylines yet on Atlantis but what storyline i would love to see carried over is a storyline like the episode beneath the surface as that is one of my fave episodes from sg1 i would love them to do the same idea but differ the story
                              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

The ONLY concepts or storylines they should bring over would be the Asgard technology. I would like to see Earth actually use Ancient and Asgard technology to advance earth's technology. And I would like to see earth eventually integrate some ancient weaopns onto their ships. But NO Sg-1 races.
                                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                                X