Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    Can you imagine the socks after they come back from the mission? Do they change underpants while away on the mission? Do they brush their teeth? Do they worry about bad breath? I can't even imagine how much they stink overall.

I am strange - I think about these things.
    TPTB do all those things for the characters off-screen.

Too bad realism for them is restricted to killing/Fording good characters.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      TPTB do all those things for the characters off-screen.

Too bad realism for them is restricted to killing/Fording good characters.

You mean fishing, roight ?

Comment

New Post at the SciFi site - SciFi Weekly Letter.....

Spoiler:

What Goes Around Comes Around
        Somebody gag Joseph Mallozzi. He should not be show runner for Stargate Atlantis. The man puts his foot in his mouth every time he opens it. He insults fans, he unscreens nasty comments about his own actors on his personal blog while also claiming to love and respect them, and he just lives to stir up trouble.

The latest installment of that? Trying to justify the appalling sacking of one of the show's stars.

They dumped Torri Higginson. They brought in Amanda Tapping, hoping it would boost ratings. It didn't, and now Amanda's dropping from regular to "guest star for several episodes" because she's going to be doing Sanctuary for SCI FI.

Well, if that's not a good, healthy dose of karma, I don't know what is.

Maybe The Powers That Be should have stuck with the actress they had who was committed to their series instead of trying to use Amanda, who worked on two movies and another series as well as Atlantis. They should have been able to tell then how committed she wasn't to their show.

If these changes cause chaos with the fans, and cause dramas for TPTB, I'm glad. They've played God with the careers of too many actors, dumping them for no good reason, for me to care if the show runners end up without a job.
        Matilda Jordan
        atlantis DOT fan AT hotmail DOT com

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/letters/index.html
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          You mean fishing, roight ?
          Roight! BTW, how realistic is this uniform swap every season? Don't the IOA and SGC have more important things to do?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            He's probably flirting w/ Scully.
            LOL!

I had a very busy day yesterday . Spent over 16 hours driving and every inch of my sexy self hurts .
            *pats Integ*

Characters and uniforms come and go, and the **** stays the same.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Roight! BTW, how realistic is this uniform swap every season? Don't the IOA and SGC have more important things to do?
              No other then come up with repliblob, nothing else happened.

What was even the point of changing the uniforms if they both look almost the same?
              Last edited by Dr Weir; 13 February 2008, 05:18 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

great news!!!! The second Futurama movie will be available on 18 March
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  great news!!!! The second Futurama movie will be available on 18 March
                  There was a first? I need to get hold of it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                    New Post at the SciFi site - SciFi Weekly Letter.....

Spoiler:

What Goes Around Comes Around
                    Somebody gag Joseph Mallozzi. He should not be show runner for Stargate Atlantis. The man puts his foot in his mouth every time he opens it. He insults fans, he unscreens nasty comments about his own actors on his personal blog while also claiming to love and respect them, and he just lives to stir up trouble.

The latest installment of that? Trying to justify the appalling sacking of one of the show's stars.

They dumped Torri Higginson. They brought in Amanda Tapping, hoping it would boost ratings. It didn't, and now Amanda's dropping from regular to "guest star for several episodes" because she's going to be doing Sanctuary for SCI FI.

Well, if that's not a good, healthy dose of karma, I don't know what is.

Maybe The Powers That Be should have stuck with the actress they had who was committed to their series instead of trying to use Amanda, who worked on two movies and another series as well as Atlantis. They should have been able to tell then how committed she wasn't to their show.

If these changes cause chaos with the fans, and cause dramas for TPTB, I'm glad. They've played God with the careers of too many actors, dumping them for no good reason, for me to care if the show runners end up without a job.
                    Matilda Jordan
                    atlantis DOT fan AT hotmail DOT com

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/letters/index.html
                    Yup, Karma gets you in the a$$ every time

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                      There was a first? I need to get hold of it!

Last November there was the first movie called "Bender's big score" and now there will be the second. And later two more wovies
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

okay, now i see what i did.

tiny time out here.

first, i'm sorry you guys took 'let's not descend into counting words and air time' as an invocatino NOT to do that. It wasn't meant that way or in the context that you're taking it.

It was meant in response to a comment above it where a person was upset that Shep only had a few seconds in Trio, thus it was a sign that something was wrong or that his character was getting short shrift, or the like. I use the quick reply a lot and sometimes i forget to tick that little 'quote' box

my bad for that

How i meant it was, don't start fighting amongst yourselves over which character has the most/least lines. One week it'll be one, the next week it'll be another. No need to start tearing yourselves apart fighting over something like that.

while i PERSONALLY don't get teh appeal of counting....largely because i don't have the time, hey, you want to do that go for it. I'm - as a mod and as a person - not telling you not to. It's your time, spend it as you wish.

My only concern over it was that the shep fans amongst you would start a competition with the sam fans and teh keller fans and the rod fans and this thread would turn into 'so and so is the most favored character because they had the most lines' competition.

The issues you guys have with the show are so deep running that i don't think one character having more lines than another will fix them, so why let it divide you?

the rest of that post was a serious reminder about not casting your opinions and interpretation of events as fact. you may FEEL that torri was treated unfairly, or that paul was or that david was or whomever, but your feelings aren't fact.

and since none of us were in the offices, we'll never know what really happened, nor will we ever know anyone's real opinion.

I've seen talk like i was seeing quickly descend into death threats, harmful threats, wanted posters and the like - serious levels of nasty - and that was what i was wanting to curtail. if you stay off the slippery slope, your chances of falling down it are much diminished. (not here, not now, in the past)

so i do apologize to those that i offended. it wasn't meant that way. it was simply meant as a nudge away from turning against each other adn towards y'all keeping your united front and remaining focused on your rallying point, the issues you have with season four.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Since the post you mentioned was mine, I am going to assume you are referring to it. It was a simple comment. It was a joke. Since most of the posters in here "know" me and my posting style, I can post comfortably without feeling the need to censor myself completely. If someone has a problem with anything I've said, they can and do tell me directly. At least in this thread that has been my experience. I am not in competition to see who has more or less lines than whomever. I was just making a joke that Shep was in it the shortest, so the incentive to watch the episode for me was about nil.
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            The issues you guys have with the show are so deep running that i don't think one character having more lines than another will fix them, so why let it divide you?
                            Very, very, very true. I don't think there's dividing going on. I think we all think season four stinks, just perhaps to various degrees of stinkiness. EDIT: We mostly play around in here, at least that's what I've taken away from my few months here. I think sometimes our humorous statements are taken seriously.
                            Last edited by marielabbott; 13 February 2008, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              okay, now i see what i did.

tiny time out here.

first, i'm sorry you guys took 'let's not descend into counting words and air time' as an invocatino NOT to do that. It wasn't meant that way or in the context that you're taking it.

It was meant in response to a comment above it where a person was upset that Shep only had a few seconds in Trio, thus it was a sign that something was wrong or that his character was getting short shrift, or the like. I use the quick reply a lot and sometimes i forget to tick that little 'quote' box

my bad for that

How i meant it was, don't start fighting amongst yourselves over which character has the most/least lines. One week it'll be one, the next week it'll be another. No need to start tearing yourselves apart fighting over something like that.

while i PERSONALLY don't get teh appeal of counting....largely because i don't have the time, hey, you want to do that go for it. I'm - as a mod and as a person - not telling you not to. It's your time, spend it as you wish.

My only concern over it was that the shep fans amongst you would start a competition with the sam fans and teh keller fans and the rod fans and this thread would turn into 'so and so is the most favored character because they had the most lines' competition.

the rest of that post was a serious reminder about not casting your opinions and interpretation of events as fact. you may FEEL that torri was treated unfairly, or that paul was or that david was or whomever, but your feelings aren't fact.

and since none of us were in the offices, we'll never know what really happened, nor will we ever know anyone's real opinion.

I've seen talk like i was seeing quickly descend into death threats, harmful threats, wanted posters and the like - serious levels of nasty - and that was what i was wanting to curtail. if you stay off the slippery slope, your chances of falling down it are much diminished. (not here, not now, in the past)

so i do apologize to those that i offended. it wasn't meant that way. it was simply meant as a nudge away from turning against each other adn towards y'all keeping your united front and remaining focused on your rallying point, the issues you have with season four.
                              You've become a regular here honey . My mission is complete. You have embraced the dark side. Calm down dear, plenty of cookies remaining

Comment

You've become a regular here honey . My mission is complete. You have embraced the dark side. Calm down dear, plenty of cookies remaining
                                And socks...

Comment

Working...
                                X