Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    and do we really need to care? I've been saying this since S2 beginning.

you still can watch older scifi shows, for example my beloved Babylon 5 and Firefly
    What do you mean? Not everyone likes other sci fi shows. I don't at the moment, never got into any like I did with stargate. I've followed both SG1 and Atlantis for years, it was part of my life, and suddenly I have nothing to be into. It's why I keep getting coming back to Gateworld, there's no other fandom I've been so consumed in.

I'm very hard to please and think 95% of TV is rubbish. Also I have no TV reception now, so it's hard for me to get into a new show.
    sigpic

Comment

Guys, please.

DIslike the show all you want, just please don't diss the writers or other fans.

Dislike the show, dislike their WORK, but leave them out of it
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
        What do you mean? Not everyone likes other sci fi shows. I don't at the moment, never got into any like I did with stargate. I've followed both SG1 and Atlantis for years, it was part of my life, and suddenly I have nothing to be into. It's why I keep getting coming back to Gateworld, there's no other fandom I've been so consumed in.
        Me too. I liked s9 and s10, but after AoT, the Ori story line ended in "Shroud" for me and SGA ended in "Siege pt.3"

I'm very hard to please and think 95% of TV is rubbish. Also I have no TV reception now, so it's hard for me to get into a new show.
        I like to watch older scifi show. Most of them are rewatchable. SGA isn't.
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          Guys, please.

DIslike the show all you want, just please don't diss the writers or other fans.

Using the noodle are ye? Give us a warning first hon

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Guys, please.

I was criticising their writing. Was it because I mentioned "TPTB"?
            sigpic

Comment

I was criticising their writing. Was it because I mentioned "TPTB"?
              We should relax before we end up with infractions . Trust me...I know about infractions on this board

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                We should relax before we end up with infractions . Trust me...I know about infractions on this board
                yeah, me too.
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  yeah, me too.
                  So we are partners in both crime and punishment?

Comment

Okay I only read a few posts on this episode and it may indeed be that I will be in the very small minority but here goes:

TRIO - I do believe it would have been impossible for me to be any more disappointed in this episode. I could not believe that they would actually take an off-world opportunity with Carter and all of that time with Carter (when so many other eps had been so limited in what they could do with her) and give us this dreck. It was puerile and useless at best.

Yes maybe Carter was strong as a leader which it took a lot for me to see but it was there after you pushed through the pre-pubescent Rodney crap, the Keller in peril is scared crap and the absolutely waste of time on who each would make out if they had to - OMG please deliver me from this crap. At least now I know better what the conversation in the writer's room sounds like because that is pretty much all I kept thinking - this must be the way these people talk on-set (and that is directed at everyone writers, directors, producers, actors, etc.)

They could not have given Carter a meaty role off-world that would clearly have highlighted her leadership qualities by confronting an ambush by an enemy and having to keep the disaterously bad duo of Rodney and Keller alive, out of trouble, focused while also fighting the enemy - no we had to listen to Rodney go on about their (Carter and Keller's) bodies which just about had me ready to throw-up - and worse than this little ridiculous rant we had to listen to him insult Carter with that crap about 10 year old boys and then when he went ahead and mentioned it a second time -- I swear if he had been standing in front of me I would have lit him up for that one.
                    That stuff with the kids was so useless and just filler for Rodney's crudeness it was embarrassing (I imagine the conversation like this "how can we set-up a comment by McKay about Carter's boobs? Oooh I know let's have a couple of young boys come upon the hole and then Rodney let's loose his 10 year old personality".)

OMG I am so disappointed that this actually makes me very happy that Carter will no longer be part of this show on a regular basis if this is the best they could come up with for an ep that was partly focused on her -- we got at least 30 minutes of Carter on-screen and it, IMO, was wasted, just wasted. IMO it certainly did not do much for any arc in the show and it once again, IMO, showed McKay in a horrible light and before this I thought Keller was okay and could stand her but boy was I wrong this just killed Keller for me - I am so disappointed.

I did give this show a chance but I can see the same nonsense that brought SG-1 down has permeated SGA in many ways. I was so looking forward to a strong leader ep showing Carter in full-bird hero mode and we get who would you make out with in a pinch, and show 'em your boobs, and that crap with the Zalenka comment which just made her look bad (and the other 2 as well when you heard and saw what they had to say about him - Keller's facial expression said it all). I almost spit at the TV when she admitted she was not thinking about how to get out she was focused on not screaming and also the part after she fell the second time she actually utters the words we're in trouble as if she was giving up (more a line I would have expected from McKay or Keller not Carter after her 10 years of facing death, at times actually dying and coming back, saving the world umpteen times, etc.) - how low can they go with Carter I wonder, we may get to see in the season 5 premiere.

The only suspense left at the end of the day was how many more times did they contemplate sending Carter 20 feet in the air to let her drop. Aside from that I kept wondering how could they each fall at least 20 ft at least twice and not have a visisble scratch especially with all that wood from the crates splintering all over the place.

Yes Carter was smart and focused and tried darn hard but the writing, the circumstances and the setting were just horrendous when you think of what they could have done with ATs time in this one. I get they all thought this was great fun - I am sure, based on what we hear and read about how they all get along on the set, that they did have fun filming this, etc., unfortunately having fun filming does not translate into a well-written show. OMG I am so disappointed.

Comment

It was off world?!!! I got the impression from the promo pictures that it's in a broom cupboard!

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      They could not have given Carter a meaty role off-world that would clearly have highlighted her leadership qualities by confronting an ambush by an enemy and having to keep the disaterously bad duo of Rodney and Keller alive, out of trouble, focused while also fighting the enemy - no we had to listen to Rodney go on about their (Carter and Keller's) bodies which just about had me ready to throw-up - and worse than this little ridiculous rant we had to listen to him insult Carter with that crap about 10 year old boys and then when he went ahead and mentioned it a second time -- I swear if he had been standing in front of me I would have lit him up for that one.
                      That stuff with the kids was so useless and just filler for Rodney's crudeness it was embarrassing (I imagine the conversation like this "how can we set-up a comment by McKay about Carter's boobs? Oooh I know let's have a couple of young boys come upon the hole and then Rodney let's loose his 10 year old personality".)
                      OMG! That is disgusting! It supports my feelings on TPTB's sexist attitude towards women. Rodney was never like this, he was shy about women. The few women who remain are just sex objects in TPTB's eyes.
                      Last edited by Dr Weir; 09 February 2008, 02:14 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Updated.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hellooo Anti's. Whatcha been up to?

FH - did you watch Trio? I went out on a date w/ hubby and completely forgot. Will watch it tonight.
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                            Hellooo Anti's. Whatcha been up to?

FH - did you watch Trio? I went out on a date w/ hubby and completely forgot. Will watch it tonight.
                            Warning: it's really bad. I'd put it right next to Travelers as the suckiest of the season.

Comment

It was off world?!!! I got the impression from the promo pictures that it's in a broom cupboard!
                              It apparently cost a crudload of money too. Shocking.

OMG! That is disgusting! It supports my feelings on TPTB's sexist attitude towards women. Rodney was never like this, he was shy about women. The few women who remain are just sex objects in TPTB's eyes.
                              I'm so disappointed with that scene too. McKay has always been a jerk toward everyone regardless of gender, but asking your boss to flash some kids? I must have missed when he turned into an objectifying pervert, and toward the people he works with no less.

Comment

Few days ago I analyzed SGA in regards of sexism. I concluded that we are being given hidden sexist messages and that conclusion helped me not to be so upset about what's happening.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X