Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Well, if they want facts all the time, I'll be able to hand them on a silver platter. They can do with them what they want.
    But just to be on the safe side, I'll assign HK-47 to protect you when you hand the numbers to them.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Antis have universal truths in their statements
    The pro people say the very same things about themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      But just to be on the safe side, I'll assign HK-47 to protect you when you hand the numbers to them.
      Thanks.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The pro people say the very same things about themselves
        They know the truth but they do not want to admit it . ANTIs rule, period

Originally Posted by Pajus
        FH is tiny, she can easily fit in my closet

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          That´s it! This is precisely what annoys me. They have some story-arcs (so called-someone should buy them a book and find them what that word means) but there is no connection between them.

Kill Elizabeth off-screen? wtf? Teyla is pregnant? Like that, out of blue? They didn´t mention her boyfriend or even Athosians and then, boom, she is pregnant (I would like to meet the man who wants to have child with her ) and war? What should we do with it? We need to write something else, which isn´t important for story at all. Asuran-Wraith war? Who cares?
          I think you just hit on what has been bothering me so much this season. So many things are happening off screen, yet on screen most of the time not much is going on. I know you don't have to have action, explosions and nailbiting suspense all the time, but something just seems to be missing. We hear about the progress of this huge war but we have yet to see any of it that I can recall. I may have missed something as my mind has tended to wander when watching S4 which never used to happen. This used to be the shortest hour of the week. Now I find myself looking at the clock halfway through.

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          Antis can still look at things critically, this is because antis can turn on their brains when watching telly.
          I agree, but most of the time I don't want to turn on my brain. I just want to see characters I like in plots I can enjoy. But writers,don't you insult my intelligence by doing stories that could have been written by the average 5th grader. Heroes, for example, has a great plot and is well written but there are very few characters that I care what happens to. Supernatural and The Closer have it all. Even the incidental characters who usually end up dead are great on Supernatural. House has writing that is so good you actually enjoy the unlikable characters just as much. S1 of SGA was like that. Then we began the slow decline.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Antis can still look at things critically, this is because antis can turn on their brains when watching telly.
            One of these days ...you'll be cruising for a bruising for being so blunt

Comment

Thanks.
              Don't thank me, 'cause: First: You're on my Buddy list and I don't want you to come to harm (plus you create wonderful manips, smileys, ...) and second: If it wasn't for Joe Mallozzi being locked in the next room with HK 'having his fun' with him, he'd annoy the hell out of me with his constant ranting about "underused assassination protocols".

I've said "Just to be on the safe side"

Comment

Heroes has the problem that is was designed and written for a cast with a high turnover rate but became an esemble cast.
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

One of these days ...you'll be cruising for a bruising for being so blunt
                  The truth is ugly and it hurts, can't help that. Besides I can take a beating when it comes to rep points.
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

The truth is ugly and it hurts, can't help that. Besides I can take a beating when it comes to rep points.
                    The ANTIS will protect you

Comment

*looks at self*

I'm not tiny... I'm a solid 5'10" tall and ... okay, I'm slim and very bendable so I probably would fit in that closet anyway.

Comment

*looks at self*

I'm not tiny... I'm a solid 5'10" tall and ... okay, I'm slim and very bendable so I probably would fit in that closet anyway.

How solid can a girl be *heeeeee heeeee*

See...you proved my point. The ANTIS are always right .

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          I think you just hit on what has been bothering me so much this season. So many things are happening off screen, yet on screen most of the time not much is going on. I know you don't have to have action, explosions and nailbiting suspense all the time, but something just seems to be missing. We hear about the progress of this huge war but we have yet to see any of it that I can recall. I may have missed something as my mind has tended to wander when watching S4 which never used to happen. This used to be the shortest hour of the week. Now I find myself looking at the clock halfway through.
                          I find that so funny, it's actually hilarious and not in a good way. I think the people who say they still enjoy the show are the ones who have their favorite characters still in and as long as they do, they will take any bad execution of a plot, anything that's thrown at them. That's what I think anyway.

I agree, but most of the time I don't want to turn on my brain. I just want to see characters I like in plots I can enjoy. But writers,don't you insult my intelligence by doing stories that could have been written by the average 5th grader. Heroes, for example, has a great plot and is well written but there are very few characters that I care what happens to. Supernatural and The Closer have it all. Even the incidental characters who usually end up dead are great on Supernatural. House has writing that is so good you actually enjoy the unlikable characters just as much. S1 of SGA was like that. Then we began the slow decline.
                          That's the key. You know, no wonder really, if a producer insults fans on his blog, how can he treat fans any different in the way he writes his scripts? His attitude is expressed in his work. I didn't watch TMC but read the transcript today. I couldn't believe it, how many times JM made the characters say that Liz is gone. It was like he was rubbing it in, constantly reminding us just in case we start imagining the Elizabeth on screen is real. I mean, come on! He certainly could show a little of that human compassion he mentioned in the script from time to time.

In The Closer, the guest cast is off the charts, one can't help but feel even for the most horrible murderers just because the actors portraying them are that good (and the writing). Yes, there still are good shows out there, it's just that SGA is no longer one of them, sadly.
                          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

*looks at self*

Are you sure you're describing YOURself? This sounds an awful lot like me...

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                              I find that so funny, it's actually hilarious and not in a good way. I think the people who say they still enjoy the show are the ones who have their favorite characters still in and as long as they do, they will take any bad execution of a plot, anything that's thrown at them. That's what I think anyway.
                              Can you blame them? If Kate were still a part of SGA I would probably feel different some how. Teyla just doesn't have that same affect on me, as Kate did. Not saying I don't love her just as much, but Kate was the most favorite one.

Are you sure you're describing YOURself? This sounds an awful lot like me...
                              *nods* Pretty sure.

Comment

Can you blame them? If Kate were still a part of SGA I would probably feel different some how. Teyla just doesn't have that same affect on me, as Kate did. Not saying I don't love her just as much, but Kate was the most favorite one.
                                I can understand them, I guess, though I wouldn't be able to keep stating how perfect something is over and over again when it's not, unless they really feel it is and have, let's say, very different expectations from the show than we do. It's just, what bugs me is that they can't understand how we feel and try to make folks feel worse by kicking us when we're down. THAT I'll NEVER understand and it's what used to bother me a lot, got used to all the nastiness by now.
                                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Working...
                                X