Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    You're definitely not alone! I've been wanting meatier stories for Teyla since we got to know her! And I wanted an episode that focused on Weir and Teyla with minimal screentime for the boys too. The latter is definitely never going to happen (), and so far all we've gotten from the former is babysitter and preggo. Eh.
    It is possible ... if Sheppard and McKay swapped bodies with Teyla and Weir for an episode.

So far we've had:

-a "huge" wraith/Asuran war that's been almost all tell and no show
    -a "huge" storyline for Weir where she's killed offscreen
    -a "huge" turnover from Weir to Carter where Carter has settled into the job with almost no conflict, is doing everything Weir would have done anyway, or is absent altogether with zero mention
    -a "huge" morally ambiguous decision by Shep that will likely be victim of the Big Reset Button and never mentioned again
    -and a "huge" storyline for Teyla that's been...less than impressive so far
    I want the off-screen show, it sounds interesting because so far:
    - Weir killed ... off-screen.
    - Huge land and space battles between the Wraith and Asurans ... off-screen.
    - Teyla having a relationship ... off-screen.
    - Carter doing something ... off-screen.
    etc...

And what are people pleading? "Wait until the second half! Wait until the second half!" Pfft, please. I shouldn't have to wait for the second half. There should have been far more setup and development in the first half than what I saw so far.
    I shouldn't have had to wait until the second half of season 4 for it to get better. It should've been good from the first half of season 2, but, alas, that would require consistent writing and its companions Character Development and Continuity.

What we should have seen in S4 are things like: A Sheppard that either has completely become detached due to his job and starts exhibiting PTS (or shell-shock if you want) especially after Weir dies or has to leave. We should see a McKay that carries with him the burden that his ego caused 5/6 of a solar system to blow up, who has some issues thanks to being captured by the Wraith. We should see a Teyla that serves as the conscience of Team Sheppard, who is getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of trust of the IOA and the military in her abilities. We should see a Ronon who is more intelligent and more manipulative, after he should be after being a runner, and who eagerly helps the ruthless Sheppard and McKay to eradicate the Wraith while being confronted by the deaths he caused as a runner and by the destruction of Sateda, perhaps he could even soften up a bit by getting him a girlfriend who's isn't afraid of him and his fear of commitment (That would require a strong woman).

We should see the formation of a big human alliance in the PG galaxy against the Wraith and the Expedition and subsequently the war against both of them. We should see the Expedition getting more desperate after being back into corners all the time and starting to do morally questionable things like take Ancient technology by force of the local inhabitants (Read this as: Take and repair the sister city). We should see a gap growing between Earth and the Expedition due to the decisions the IOA makes and its lack of knowledge of what's really going on and needed in the PG. We should see the Expedition using far more of the Alpha site as a primary staging ground and of a beta site as prison center, while Atlantis is being used as a research lab and R&R center. We should see the Expedition making increasingly more use of (forced) labour by the inhabitants on the PG in order to have enough food and materials (to build weapons and ships) to fight the Wraith. We should see the Asurans being more manipulative and by far less open with the intentions of destroying Atlantis. We should see the Expedition doing things like manipulating the races from the Game to build weapons for them. We should see the Expedition luring the Wraith to Chaya's planet as a trap. We should see the Expedition experimenting with the vaccine made in "Poisoning the Well" because making your people immune to the Wraith is extremely imporant if you ask me.

And the list continues...
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Well, if they had considered that more character development and happy times will make people watch the show, then perhaps there won't be an anti like me.

Well, they've messed up a lot about my first impressions of the beloved characters in the show, forded a strong-willed, well-liked (by me, honestly, I can't help but bristle when someone is gleefully celebrating her disappearance) Weir, and forcing the very charming guys to go into angst, darkness and sadness (not to mention leaving potential character development situations undeveloped:well, I'd say that about Mckay's trust issues). Well, that's for characters.

Well, like most of you had said, the off-screen stuff. Why in the round world did everything go off-screen? And unelaborated? So Teyla is gone gallavanting with some unforementioned lover?

Well, JM had yet to show us whether this season is a complete failure or not. There is still half. But the thought of having the characters mutiliated further left me feeling apprehensive.

Perhaps we can put our hopes on Season 5. Hopefully all the characters survived it (well...season 4).

Comment

ANTIS never rest!! Y'all should be on the ANTI-Couch and open presents!!!!

May God shower his choicest blessings on you and your loved ones this joyous season. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
          And sentiments of Peace and Goodwill to you too Pajus
          Thanks

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte
              For Kate, you'll go to the moon if he parks it there
              I'd go to the other side of the universe if I had to.

Originally posted by Pajus
              Pajus: *Closes sound-proof doors* I gave you a training lightsaber about three weeks ago, FH. You can go in and knock yourself out.
              I have been practicing... *runs in and has a blast*
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can't even begin to tell you how disturbing threats of property damage and bodily injury are. Even if meant in jest, it's NOT a joke.

Let's not forget that you are simply talking about events on a TELEVISION show. Be as anti as you like, but keep it in perspective.

You may have meant it as a joke, but i'm the TSA and you just joked about putting a bomb on a plane, I don't have a sense of humor about this stuff. Not when you're joking about hurting real people and doing damage to real things.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Christmas Antis!!!! Hugs for all of you!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Even the USAF demands a better salute than that. But it's sloppy little details like that and the fact that Sheppard doesn't wear dogtags that indicate how little they care about the viewer. JF has been asked several times at cons about both and even got saluting lessons from some lady. He's open to suggestion, but alas is not in charge.

And Teyla living happily ever after with her Athosian lover has my vote.

It has my vote too.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël , Feliz Navidad....

Stargate Atlantis, the way its meant to be

Spoiler:
                  Oh my... !#$#!!!&%!!!@! now I need something to rub my brain clean!!! Do yoiu want a nice shiny red for this? ? j/k

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                  Is anyone else watching the SGA season 1 marathon on Sci-Fi today? They had a promotion for season 4 that ends in the words "and it will leave you speechless!" Speechless with what emotion, or for what reason though? Oh, my, much could be said.

I don't post a ton here, but I enjoy everyone's snark, even on the ocassions when I might disagree. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!
                  Oh I think we were left speachless many times over and then after original shock passes, we usually have lot of words to say. And we do it here.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Indeed, what is going on Sky?
                    Signed,

Gregorius
                    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Well the title says it's an anti thread. The content is exactly what the title says.

Oh, Pajus, you were baaad? No presents for you then! But you can have some milk and cookies if you decide to be good again

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Oh, Pajus, you were baaad? No presents for you then! But you can have some milk and cookies if you decide to be good again
                        I'm not a bad guy and neither is HK. He's just mixing business with pleasure from time to time

Comment

I get that no worries. But to stay on the safe side, let's discuss the antiness.

If we could have anything we'd want underneath our anti Xmas tree, what would that be?

I'd love to have Weir back. With good stories ofr her - the real Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            I get that no worries. But to stay on the safe side, let's discuss the antiness.

If we could have anything we'd want underneath our anti Xmas tree, what would that be?

I'd love to have Weir back. With good stories ofr her - the real Weir.
                            Weir, Carson and my OTP (sorry, Anuna). And if there is anything I could put under the tree, it would be Kate Heightmeyer for Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Weir, Carson and my OTP (sorry, Anuna). And if there is anything I could put under the tree, it would be Kate Heightmeyer for Falcon Horus
                              Hey I respect your preferences don't worry. I'd love my OTP as well and I join your wishes for FH - I'd love if we could give her Kate under the Anti tree.

Comment

FOlks in here were making jokes about keying joe's car. Others were joking about shooting him.

I don't get the joke. I don't find threats of property damage or personal injury funny.

My comment about planes and bombs and the TSA (transportation security association i think it is, the airport screeners)...you don't walk into an airport and joke about 'gonna find that bomb in my luggage' cause they don't take it as a joke.

I have no issue in the slightest with folks not liking the show. please, express yourself, just behave yourselves while you do it. Don't go ragging on the opinoins of other fans and don't go making threats, even as a joke.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X