Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I am counting the info because it happens a lot that screentime of actors is pulled into a discussion. And someone else will counter that it's not just screentime that is important, but what happens during that time.

    So, I decided once and for all to proof that McKay and Sheppard are in fact the only two who get decent screentime, and have more words to learn and speak in an episode than any of the other characters who appear in the main credits.

    I am out to proof that TPTB have no idea what to do with the characters whose names aren't Sheppard or McKay. That Teyla, Ronon, Ford, Weir & Beckett are the secondary characters (which makes Zelenka a tertiary one, Kate fourth in line) and that they are usually forgotten.

    And yes, at the moment I have too much time on my hands and it's something to keep me from going completely insane.
    ah well its very interesting no matter how you look at it ...very cool thanks for the info!

    i wish i had some time to do stuff... my stories are calling me. i've just been popping in here between painting the kitchen and wrapping presents
    Spoiler:

    "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

    Comment


      That is some major work there, FH! Very impressive!

      No surprise that McKay and Shep have the most lines and screentime, respectively. The ranking of the rest of the characters is what I expected too. Now I'm curious as to whether the gap between Shep and McKay and the rest of the characters got larger in s2 and s3. And I'm also curious as to the final lines/screentime comparison between Weir in any of the first 3 seasons and Carter in s4. Will Carter get a similar amount, more, or less? IMO, it could go any way.

      It's sad - I have zero interest in watching the leaked AoT. I couldn't even finish s10 of SG1. Scary to think that I could feel the same way about SGA someday...

      Comment


        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Okay, I'm done with season 1, and I'm about to start on season 2.

        Here are the results of the screen- and wordcount for the first season of Stargate Atlantis (yes, I have too much time on my hands at the moment):

        Spoiler:

        Season 1
        AVERAGE TOT. SCREENTIME = 40m02s
        AVERAGE TOT. WORDCOUNT = 4466

        Joe Flanigan as John Sheppard
        AVERAGE SCREENTIME JOE = 12m42s

        Most in The Rising - 30m24s (pilot counts as one episode)
        Least in Hot Zone - 7m15s

        AVERAGE WORDCOUNT JOE = 774

        Most in Sanctuary - 1378
        Least in Before I Sleep - 431

        Torri Higginson as Elizabeth Weir
        AVERAGE SCREENTIME TORRI = 8m36s

        Most in Before I Sleep - 27m35s
        Least in Childhood’s End - 1m52s

        AVERAGE WORDCOUNT TORRI = 672

        Most in Before I Sleep - 1526
        Least in The Defiant One - 196

        Rachel Luttrell as Teyla Emmagan
        AVERAGE SCREENTIME RACHEL = 6m30s

        Most in The Gift - 18m56s
        Least in The Defiant One - 1m11s

        AVERAGE WORDCOUNT RACHEL = 310

        Most in The Gift - 1401
        Least in Before I Sleep - 34

        Rainbow Sun Francks as Aiden Ford
        AVERAGE SCREENTIME RAINBOW = 5m38s

        Most in The Rising - 20m29s
        Least in Before I Sleep - 1m52s

        AVERAGE WORDCOUNT RAINBOW = 233

        Most in 38 Minutes - 876
        Least in Before I Sleep - 29

        David Hewlett as Rodney McKay
        AVERAGE SCREENTIME DAVID = 9m30s

        Most in The Brotherhood - 17m08s
        Least in The Gift - 5m15s

        AVERAGE WORDCOUNT DAVID = 1009

        Most in Hot Zone - 1766
        Least in Poisoning The Well - 233


        For the full document...you'll have to PM me. And I'm still working on it, for I want to compare all seasons to one another. I only take the people who are in the opening credits. As you know Rainbox disappeared from the credits, yet he will still be counted, just as Torri will in season 4. And because she's my favorite character on the show, also included is Claire's screentime and wordcount.
        Well that's interesting. It really kills the anti-Weir people's argument that all she did was say "good luck" as they were going through the gate. She had more screen time than everyone except Joe and David, which, to be honest is to be expected.

        If they wanted to get rid of a character who sat around doing nothing, they should have picked someone else.

        It'd be interesting to see how her season three figures were. I think she did quite a bit -- certainly more screen time than Ronon and Teyla, but still there are those who believe they had more time on camera because they're 'part of the team'.
        Last edited by Chrysalis; 22 December 2007, 10:04 PM.

        Comment


          Remember, that was only season one; the season most of us agree on was the best so far.
          Signed,

          Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.


          sigpic

          Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

          Comment


            Originally posted by alyssa View Post
            Well that's interesting. It really kills the anti-Weir people's argument that all she did was say "good luck" as they were going through the gate. She had more screen time than everyone except Joe and David, which, to be honest is to be expected.

            If they wanted to get rid of a character who sat around doing nothing, they should have picked someone else.

            It'd be interesting to see how her season three figures were. I think she did quite a bit -- certainly more screen time than Ronon and Teyla, but still there are those who believe they had more time on camera because they're 'part of the team'.
            The people who are saying that she had nothing to do in the last three seasons and that now that she's not even her real her and got to be in like 2 episodes this season, her character finally got some development must've not watched the show before or with very little interest in it if they missed half of it. Of course she's a main character, she's right up there with Sheppard and McKay, those three were it! She's the one who is most connected to the city, the leader who did everything to save it on several occasions, with the help of her most trusted team of course. She is like a president who has the most competent people working for him and doesn't fight himself. Have to say that I do miss her a lot when I allow myself to think about the show I used to love so much, what i used to love it for but it's kinda better not to, I tend to be in the anti-mode lately, almost a year already.
            Last edited by Celcool; 23 December 2007, 01:24 AM.
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

            R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

            Comment


              Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
              British movies also are superior to American movies, then again most European series, shows and movies are superior to their American counterparts. I mentioned it before but I think this has something to do the far less flashy usage of CGI in European stuff.



              They need to watch those series and take notes. They'll be tested afterwards on what they learned and their final grade will be 25% test score and 75% of what the season of their series was like.
              I'd green you if I could but the 24 hours aren't up yet so have an unofficial one, again

              Comment


                Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                That is some major work there, FH! Very impressive!
                And I'm not done yet...

                Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                No surprise that McKay and Shep have the most lines and screentime, respectively. The ranking of the rest of the characters is what I expected too. Now I'm curious as to whether the gap between Shep and McKay and the rest of the characters got larger in s2 and s3. And I'm also curious as to the final lines/screentime comparison between Weir in any of the first 3 seasons and Carter in s4. Will Carter get a similar amount, more, or less? IMO, it could go any way.
                That's what I'm trying to determine.

                Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                Well that's interesting. It really kills the anti-Weir people's argument that all she did was say "good luck" as they were going through the gate. She had more screen time than everyone except Joe and David, which, to be honest is to be expected.
                It kills many arguments... It shows the cold hard truth.

                Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                Remember, that was only season one; the season most of us agree on was the best so far.
                Absolutely.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  I'd green you if I could but the 24 hours aren't up yet so have an unofficial one, again
                  To aid my flow of green, I'll try to make just one good post a day.
                  Signed,

                  Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.


                  sigpic

                  Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    To aid my flow of green, I'll try to make just one good post a day.
                    I still have to see one

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      And I'm not done yet...
                      That's what I'm trying to determine.

                      It kills many arguments... It shows the cold hard truth
                      .

                      Absolutely.
                      Oh don't show them facts, they get angrier if they are proven incorrect.
                      sig made by me

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        Oh don't show them facts, they get angrier if they are proven incorrect.
                        Nobody likes to be wrong . We ANTIS are always right no matter what

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                          Oh don't show them facts, they get angrier if they are proven incorrect.
                          "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." ~ Mark Twain.
                          Signed,

                          Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.


                          sigpic

                          Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                            Oh don't show them facts, they get angrier if they are proven incorrect.
                            Well, if they want facts all the time, I'll be able to hand them on a silver platter. They can do with them what they want.

                            Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            Nobody likes to be wrong . We ANTIS are always right no matter what
                            Damn straight, we are!

                            Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                            "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." ~ Mark Twain.
                            Nice!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Damn straight, we are!
                              Antis have universal truths in their statements

                              Comment


                                Antis can still look at things critically, this is because antis can turn on their brains when watching telly.
                                Signed,

                                Gregorius
                                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.


                                sigpic

                                Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X