Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. IMHO, there will soon be noone they could listen to.

What I don't like about the writing in particular is that the major events are done in the 'by the way' way.

Sheppard: Oh and by the way: There is a war going on betweent the Wraith and the Replicators
    Teyla: Oh and by the way: I'm pregnant
    Repli-Keller: Oh and by the way: Elizabeth was killed by Oberoth

This stinks more than MY socks
    agreed who gives a rats about the showrunners, they ruined my show they can suck on my stinky socks if it makes them happy
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
      On the subject of completely opposite views:
      It might be because there is so much crap on the telly these days that even SGA stands above it and when compared to those shows. I think that when you combined this with the idiom "beggars can't be chosers" you can conclude that because of all the crap and because of the lack of quality almost everywhere people have lowered their standards and expectations. This is a common response, the level of quality has lowered so in order to keep up the bar by which quality is meassured is lowered.

Also in some ways the telly has dumbed people down and, especially in the lower classes of society (Neg me for this if you want but we do have a class based society but with the possibility of social mobility, PM me if you didn't get this and want more information), people have lost their ability to think critically because they're used that the media decides for them what is important and they can't seem to be bothered to concentrate anymore. If you look around you can see it everywhere in the world and it's why politicians can do whatever they want as long as they have good one-liners to pull in the voters and align the media at their side.

Lets face it, anti's are people who think critically and thus are by default a minority and since TV is made for the common denominator we're screwed. We can complain all we want but if the writers start making stories that are even a tiny bit above the common denominator people will lose interest especially if the PTB refuse to use clips to refer to events that happened before and they more complex stories aren't sugar coated with no-attention required episodes.
      i disagree a little bit.. i think there is some 'smart' tv out there, alot of the crime and science shows are smart... i just don't like those kind of shows. I want to escape from reality a bit. I think Atlantis used to be a smart show ... witty conversations and such... sure it was never Einstein's theory of relativity but heck now dora the explorer has more complicated plots.

I actually miss the shep mckay moments, that everyone wanted gone... i just wanted them to have those moments with the other cast members too but i didn't want the shep and mckay ones gone... i'm a sucker for a good buddy story... its a huge part of why i love supernatural so much. It really has replaced my atlantis addiction

i tried watching the safe versions of the show thanks to the lovely FH but i can't even stomach those any more.

I know i am over sensitive but gads it makes my physically ill to see something i loved fall so far.
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

On the subject of completely opposite views:
        It might be because there is so much crap on the telly these days that even SGA stands above it and when compared to those shows. I think that when you combined this with the idiom "beggars can't be chosers" you can conclude that because of all the crap and because of the lack of quality almost everywhere people have lowered their standards and expectations. This is a common response, the level of quality has lowered so in order to keep up the bar by which quality is meassured is lowered.

Also in some ways the telly has dumbed people down and, especially in the lower classes of society (Neg me for this if you want but we do have a class based society but with the possibility of social mobility, PM me if you didn't get this and want more information), people have lost their ability to think critically because they're used that the media decides for them what is important and they can't seem to be bothered to concentrate anymore. If you look around you can see it everywhere in the world and it's why politicians can do whatever they want as long as they have good one-liners to pull in the voters and align the media at their side.

Lets face it, anti's are people who think critically and thus are by default a minority and since TV is made for the common denominator we're screwed. We can complain all we want but if the writers start making stories that are even a tiny bit above the common denominator people will lose interest especially if the PTB refuse to use clips to refer to events that happened before and they more complex stories aren't sugar coated with no-attention required episodes.
        I'd green you if I could but I can't (given out too much today) so have an unofficial one

Comment

What I don't like about the writing in particular is that the major events are done in the 'by the way' way.

Sheppard: Oh and by the way: There is a war going on betweent the Wraith and the Replicators
          Teyla: Oh and by the way: I'm pregnant
          Repli-Keller: Oh and by the way: Elizabeth was killed by Oberoth

This stinks more than MY socks
          That´s it! This is precisely what annoys me. They have some story-arcs (so called-someone should buy them a book and find them what that word means) but there is no connection between them.

Kill Elizabeth off-screen? wtf? Teyla is pregnant? Like that, out of blue? They didn´t mention her boyfriend or even Athosians and then, boom, she is pregnant (I would like to meet the man who wants to have child with her ) and war? What should we do with it? We need to write something else, which isn´t important for story at all. Asuran-Wraith war? Who cares?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            i disagree a little bit.. i think there is some 'smart' tv out there, alot of the crime and science shows are smart... i just don't like those kind of shows. I want to escape from reality a bit. I think Atlantis used to be a smart show ... witty conversations and such... sure it was never Einstein's theory of relativity but heck now dora the explorer has more complicated plots.

I actually miss the shep mckay moments, that everyone wanted gone... i just wanted them to have those moments with the other cast members too but i didn't want the shep and mckay ones gone... i'm a sucker for a good buddy story... its a huge part of why i love supernatural so much. It really has replaced my atlantis addiction

i tried watching the safe versions of the show thanks to the lovely FH but i can't even stomach those any more.

I know i am over sensitive but gads it makes my physically ill to see something i loved fall so far.
            ITA on that. I am sucker for that too. I used to love the Jack/Teal'c or Jack/Daniel moments. I totally missed that in s9 & 10. As for SGA gosh I miss the early season McKay/Sheppard. I loved Ford because he introduced another aspect of the buddy. Ronon I was excited about getting, but other than the occasional grunt, he's not been given much.
            sig made by me

Comment

I consider most, if not all, crime shows to be boring and as with the science shows they are either filled with misrepresentations and flawed assumptions. Take for example the Mythbusters, a lot of people consider that to be a smart show; I consider it to be boring especially when they take 45 minutes for something you can solve within a few minutes.

The only things worthwhile watching usually are the series made by the BBC, certain showrunners (JMS and Joss Whedon amongst others) and some documentaries.

But I guess I'm being overly demanding or overly critical.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                ITA on that. I am sucker for that too. I used to love the Jack/Teal'c or Jack/Daniel moments. I totally missed that in s9 & 10. As for SGA gosh I miss the early season McKay/Sheppard. I loved Ford because he introduced another aspect of the buddy. Ronon I was excited about getting, but other than the occasional grunt, he's not been given much.
                gads i love ronon... hehe i still think it would have been brilliant to have the old ford back even if it was just for an eppy, hehe i would love to see him and ronon buddy up to pick on poor old shep lol

but alas it will never happen lol... just in fan fic and my lovely dreamland
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                  Kill Elizabeth off-screen? wtf? Teyla is pregnant? Like that, out of blue? They didn´t mention her boyfriend or even Athosians and then, boom, she is pregnant (I would like to meet the man who wants to have child with her ) and war? What should we do with it? We need to write something else, which isn´t important for story at all. Asuran-Wraith war? Who cares?
                  The Athosians have been invisible for the last two years. And Teyla's boyfriend... They could've at least given him a name that doesn't sound like the Czech word for sewer. One would almost think David Nykl warned them about it

Comment

I consider most, if not all, crime shows to be boring and as with the science shows they are either filled with misrepresentations and flawed assumptions. Take for example the Mythbusters, a lot of people consider that to be a smart show; I consider it to be boring especially when they take 45 minutes for something you can solve within a few minutes.

The only things worthwhile watching usually are the series made by the BBC, certain showrunners (JMS and Joss Whedon amongst others) and some documentaries.

But I guess I'm being overly demanding or overly critical.
                    see where as i don't care for the 'who' shows nor do i like joss whedon's stuff... i respect the hell out of the man but i don't like the 'goofiness' nor do i find myself caring for his characters. It just a bit to camp for me. I did like season 1 of doc who but not so much the following seasons... again to much campiness for my tastes. i haven't bothered with torchwood yet... Heros i don't like at all gads i'm a comic geek and can almost pin point all the plots they have stolen from other comic and shows,, and i hate the giant casts.,.. there is never any focus on the ones you care about.

supernatural .. that's it.. the kripke is god!
                    thats freaking smart tv imho
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      There is no answer IMHO. But we all just have to keep saying what we think, not attack others who disagree and see what happens.
                      Virtual green will have to do it, cause I'm out.

I miss my show and i miss my fandom.. and i don't care if i'm pouting
                      *huggles girl*

Well, you know where to find me...

And most important, you gave it a try which I must say is very brave of you.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

gads i love ronon... hehe i still think it would have been brilliant to have the old ford back even if it was just for an eppy, hehe i would love to see him and ronon buddy up to pick on poor old shep lol

but alas it will never happen lol... just in fan fic and my lovely dreamland
                        I am staunch supporter of AU.
                        sig made by me

Comment

It might be because there is so much crap on the telly these days that even SGA stands above it and when compared to those shows.

Gregorius, sorry for snipping the rest of your post, which I love
                          Or you could say - it doesn't matter if you're sitting on top of pile of crap - it's still a pile of crap.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                            I am staunch supporter of AU.
                            Same here. Canon what canon?!
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

The Athosians have been invisible for the last two years. And Teyla's boyfriend... They could've at least given him a name that doesn't sound like the Czech word for sewer. One would almost think David Nykl warned them about it

and it's not even an original name. Kanan was a Tok'ra in "Abyss"
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

I saw Missing only once (and I had to force myself to hold on until the end) so what was his name?

It is weird to make them a story when even their moving to another planet was mentioned some 10 episodes later.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X