Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    I though the episodes were better without the music. It showed what the actors could do and didn't depend on the music to tell us the emotions. JF was particular great in Adrift in THAT scene and Torri was great in Lifeline. See how I said they were great and not the episodes, cause those sucked.
    No sound effects does emphasize who is a talented actor/actress, and who is not.

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    Does Sci Fi care about Atlantis or what? lol
    I guess just the fans do.
    Last edited by mcbarr; 13 September 2007, 03:16 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      No sound effects does emphasize who is a talented actor/actress, and who is not.
      I guess just the fans do.
      See even though I am upset about the Torri situation, I wish SGA well, because I enjoy the show. I was really surprised to hear about Sci-fi making such a blunder, and yes it does smell bad.
      I have resisted watching the 2 episodes, and will watch them when they air -- I enjoy the sound effects, it makes it better for me.
      I am still anti (semi) because I will miss Torri terribly. Please don't tell me to leave this thread because I am not 100% anti.
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        See even though I am upset about the Torri situation, I wish SGA well, because I enjoy the show. I was really surprised to hear about Sci-fi making such a blunder, and yes it does smell bad.
        I have resisted watching the 2 episodes, and will watch them when they air -- I enjoy the sound effects, it makes it better for me.
        I am still anti (semi) because I will miss Torri terribly. Please don't tell me to leave this thread because I am not 100% anti.
        Have I missed something?
        sigpic

Comment

No one would tell you to leave! Stay and have fun!

Anti's rule
          Anti's rock
          Anyone else
          Can eat my sock!

*searches for Celcool's sock picture*

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            Have I missed something?
            No you have not missed anything. LOL That's me being extra super careful.
            & thanks Suz! We need the sock .gif again.
            sig made by me

Comment

Here we go Suz.

Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Thanks Celcool!

I got distracted by work

Comment

Here we go Suz.

oh god can not reen you so have to mental green you
                  sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

No need to be 100%! I'm watching season 4 myself.

*goes to have head examined again*
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                      Thanks Celcool!

I got distracted by work
                      No problem.

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                      oh god can not reen you so have to mental green you
                      Mental green means a lot, fellow anti.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I haven't seen the leaked episodes, just been told about them. Here's how I think the storlyine should have gone.......just a slight deviation from TPTB's grand plan and so much more believable, don't ya think?

Spoiler:

Liz hurt bad. Angst, angst, angst
                        Nanites heal Liz. Drama - will Liz be Liz or will Liz be Asuran Liz?
                        Liz helps on Asuran ZPM mission - goes to save John & Ronon.
                        Liz gets abducted by Asurans. Liz orders John & Ronon to leave her behind.
                        John gets knocked unconscious by Ronon and taken to safety because he never would have left her behind willingly.
                        Liz disappears for a couple eppies.
                        John (and everyone else) angsts until they get a hint of where she might be. IOA won't sanction a rescue mission - it's too dangerous.
                        John tells the IOA "go to hell", and goes AWOL to rescue her.
                        John brings her home to Atlantis and everybody helps to heal her.
                        Total Liz Free Episodes??? - 3 to 5 max.

sigpic
                        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          I though the episodes were better without the music. It showed what the actors could do and didn't depend on the music to tell us the emotions. JF was particular great in Adrift in THAT scene and Torri was great in Lifeline. See how I said they were great and not the episodes, cause those sucked.
                          I don't think I have ever had this much fun watching an episode. It was sooooo fascinating. My mind made up the sounds, but it was all the actors who had to make it through without any music helping them. It was awesome. I'm so going to compare these "unfinished" episodes with the finished ones. I have to know how big a difference these technical stuff do.

Please don't tell me to leave this thread because I am not 100% anti.
                          I'm semi-anti as well. I'm very anti about some cast-changes, less anti about other stuff, and even pro on a couple of things.
                          Though I like it here more than in the pro-thread where it is a must to be 100% pro.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                          I haven't seen the leaked episodes, just been told about them. Here's how I think the storlyine should have gone.......just a slight deviation from TPTB's grand plan and so much more believable, don't ya think?

Spoiler:

John gets knocked unconscious by Ronon and taken to safety because he never would have left her behind willingly.
                          John (and everyone else) angsts until they get a hint of where she might be. IOA won't sanction a rescue mission - it's too dangerous.

^^I like that!
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

Spoiler:

I couldn't agree more!!! Awesome!!!
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              I don't think I have ever had this much fun watching an episode. It was sooooo fascinating. My mind made up the sounds, but it was all the actors who had to make it through without any music helping them. It was awesome. I'm so going to compare these "unfinished" episodes with the finished ones. I have to know how big a difference these technical stuff do.
                              Hee, I thought it was funny when (Adrift spoilers!)
                              Spoiler:
                              Weir's monitor went off when Ronon was talking to her and someone behind the camera went "beeeeeeeeep" or something like that to mimic the final sound effect. There was also some sounds or shouts made when the microasteroids hit the city around Shep and Zelenka and a whole bunch of yells made in the beginning of Lifelines. It was certainly a different experience without music - it made the episode much more serious and realistic, IMO.

I'm assuming that the opening sequence will be changed? The Adrift one had the old s3 sequence with Weir and Beckett, no Carter or Keller. I can see keeping Torri in the credits for the first two eps and not yet including Carter, but there's no reason to keep Beckett and not have Keller.

Overall though, I thought Adrift was merely an okay ep, nothing spectacular and certainly not the "best season premiere ever" touted by Joe M. A whole lot of talk, mainly by Rodney as everyone asks him about updates or questions, and the action sequences didn't really catch my attention. Rodney and Shep do most of the work and get most of the screentime and lines while Ronon and Teyla are mostly background, as always (Ronon does have a nice scene with Weir though). Keller didn't really stand out for me and Carter was sort of eh. Not the jumpstart that I was hoping for s4 - hopefully the next eps will truly get things moving.

Comment

I wouldn't put it past Skiffy to have done that leak on purpose. They need to kill SGA so they can get "Son of Trash Gordon" on the air next year.

I wasn't interested enough to watch the leaks, but I've certainly enjoyed the commentary by those who have.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X