Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that GW was relatively quiet last night considering it was a Stargate season premiere. So I did some digging and turned up some numbers for forum activity over the years (I'm such a number fiend ). Here is a timeline for the most users currently online at GW:

SG1 s9/SGA s2 premieres air: 876
    SG1 s9/SGA s2 finales air: 976
    An hour later after the BSG s2 finale airs: 1352
    SG1 s10/SGA s3 premieres air: 1382
    SG1 200th ep airs: 1385
    news of SG1 cancelation: 1803
    SG1 "Unending" finale airs in the UK: roughly 1681
    BSG s3 finale airs: 1892 (current record at GW)
    SG1 finale/SGA s3 finales air in the US: unknown, but apparently didn't set a record
    SGA s4 premiere airs: 700-800

The world premiere certainly didn't create a whirlwind of fan activity. Could it be an indicator of lower ratings in the future? Guess we'll find out the next couple of Mondays.

Also, I find it kinda amusing that the two largest records of user activity are when SG1 was canceled and when the last BSG finale aired.

Comment

See I'd never been on here during the premieres or the finales. So when GW didn't crash or give me server too busy, I was wondering about the numbers.

Thanks TOF for digging up the numbers. I am really looking forward to know the numbers when they come out coming/next Monday?
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
        Since I was bored I have written a fan review about the lovely episode "adrift":
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...06#post7157806
        That's exactly what I think. The episode was adrift indeed. Lots of sfx, very weak plot. Lots of setbacks, lots of convenient solutions. From expedition members becoming ace pilots to shoot down giant asteroids to ZPM-land being within reach of new PJ capable of hyperspace travel.

Actually, that's what ruined the episode for me. In a galaxy like Pegasus, what are the odds of Atlantis exiting its hyperspace window relatively close to Asuras? In fact, back in First Strike, shouldn't Atlantis have plotted a course in the opposite direction of the attacker's homeworld?

Carter was a minor nuisance in this ep. I wonder why she was added to the opening credits so fast. The continued humiliation of every scientist paired with Carter is NOT funny anymore. Teyla status as eternal wallpaper is just awful. McKay running out of time to reprogram the nanites to heal Dr. Weir properly (without making her part Asuran) was convenient in a very Sue way. Sheppard was out of character giving up on "nanited" Weir too fast. Is this the same Sheppard from The Real World?

Off-topic: Keller was ok with the beeps and booms, and Ronon pulled off the best scene in the episode.
        Last edited by mcbarr; 29 September 2007, 07:26 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          I thought that GW was relatively quiet last night considering it was a Stargate season premiere. So I did some digging and turned up some numbers for forum activity over the years (I'm such a number fiend ). Here is a timeline for the most users currently online at GW:

SG1 s9/SGA s2 premieres air: 876
          SG1 s9/SGA s2 finales air: 976
          An hour later after the BSG s2 finale airs: 1352
          SG1 s10/SGA s3 premieres air: 1382
          SG1 200th ep airs: 1385
          news of SG1 cancelation: 1803
          SG1 "Unending" finale airs in the UK: roughly 1681
          BSG s3 finale airs: 1892 (current record at GW)
          SG1 finale/SGA s3 finales air in the US: unknown, but apparently didn't set a record
          SGA s4 premiere airs: 700-800

The world premiere certainly didn't create a whirlwind of fan activity. Could it be an indicator of lower ratings in the future? Guess we'll find out the next couple of Mondays.

Also, I find it kinda amusing that the two largest records of user activity are when SG1 was canceled and when the last BSG finale aired.

Interesting comparison, especially the part about the BSG season finale. What board is this again? LOL.

I'm curious to see how the ratings shake out. Last night's episode could prove to be a blockbuster and then again, there were so many things working against it (later time slot, weak lead-in, network season premiers, cast changes) . . . maybe too many things at play at the same time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
            Interesting comparison, especially the part about the BSG season finale. What board is this again? LOL.

I'm curious to see how the ratings shake out. Last night's episode could prove to be a blockbuster and then again, there were so many things working against it (later time slot, weak lead-in, network season premiers, cast changes) . . . maybe too many things at play at the same time.
            Don't forget the socks.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              Don't forget the socks.

LOL. Never underestimate the power of stinky socks.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                LOL. Never underestimate the power of stinky socks.
                They're as powerful as those Ancient drones. Nothing can stop a stinky sock.
                sigpic

Comment

Don't forget the socks.
                  We can't forget the socks!!!

*waves sock around for good measure*

Comment

i agree the premire wasn't all that great. John however was. I think he was the strongest part of the whole episode.When carter came on the tv i threw my shoe at it.She was horrible and will be the death of the show.

Comment

Don't you, guys, think that hair grows alot quicker in the Pegasus galaxy?!
                      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer View Post
                        Don't you, guys, think that hair grows alot quicker in the Pegasus galaxy?!
                        I said the same thing, but if you read a couple pages back , apparently, having nanites helps . Its a Borg thing

Comment

They're as powerful as those Ancient drones. Nothing can stop a stinky sock.
                          ...Febreze . About the drones, I guess, we need magnets!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                            When carter came on the tv i threw my shoe at it.She was horrible and will be the death of the show.
                            LOL!! I know someone who threw a book once.

stinky sock + TPTB = stinky sock - TPTB

How can one equal the other you might wonder?

stinky sock = stinky sock
                            TPTB =

thus...

stinky sock + TPTB equals stinky sock -

And I will be surprised if anyone gets my twisted math.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

TPTB =

thus...

You are using the principle that 1+1=1 (for large values of 1 ).

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                I said the same thing, but if you read a couple pages back , apparently, having nanites helps . Its a Borg thing
                                Borgs are bald, though.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

TPTB =

thus...

stinky socks > TPTB?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X