Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was doing too. Nothing happened that would make me stop and get interested to watch everything. Boring.

Spoiler:
    You know what, it seemed to me a 16-year old was operating on a person. Laughable. And you're right, no emotions whatsoever, Carson was a total opposite.

I used to be so excited to see a new episode, didn't want to miss a second of an episode and now, I was bored as hell while watching. Nobody could pay me to watch the episodes without Elizabeth and even those are pathetic because of what they're doing with Liz. I'd be shocked and disgusted if I didn't know in advance. And to think this was written by Carl Binder?? Where has the real him gone... the person who has written episodes like TRW and Echoes among others. Guess he was ordered what to do, right?
    Spoiler:
    Certain lines about Liz are just awful and I'm not surprised JF has said what he has said recently that he said they needed to show more concern about her and that they should try getting her back. I guess what happened was all JF's input because it's as small as can be. At least his character shows any emotion about it.

So, we gave it a chance and established that it sucks as much as it possibly can. It really is a bad AU.

It was boring seriously I think Adrift was slightly better but it must have had to do with the fact that I skipped alot, whereas in Lifeline I watched more of it and OMG SO BORING.

Dude help me find the anti-Keller thread. I went into the episodes having no opinion of her and came out thinking
    Spoiler:
    OMG SHE SUCKS BRING BACK CARSON. She did look really unsure of what she was doing.

I was surprised when I found out Lifeline was written by Carl Binder
    Spoiler:
    I don't think Elizabeth was OOC, but I did think that tptb already knew what they wanted from the episode and there was nothing that could have made it better I MEAN NOTHING. I wanted at least more hesitation from John, that was weird.

We did give it a chance. *high fives* and it sucks.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      It was boring seriously I think Adrift was slightly better but it must have had to do with the fact that I skipped alot, whereas in Lifeline I watched more of it and OMG SO BORING.
      And they're saying that the first few episodes are like huge. lol I'd predict the ratings for the first would be a little higher and then people would see how crappy this show has become and the ratings for Lifeline would drop considerably. I asked my sister what she thought, she isn't into any character in particular, and she was all blah about it, there was obviously nothing exceptionally good about Adrift to her.

Dude help me find the anti-Keller thread. I went into the episodes having no opinion of her and came out thinking
      Spoiler:
      OMG SHE SUCKS BRING BACK CARSON. She did look really unsure of what she was doing.
      Such a huge mistake to bring this "kid" in as a chief of medicine, she doesn't seem beliavable enough, not by a long shot.

I was surprised when I found out Lifeline was written by Carl Binder
      Spoiler:
      I don't think Elizabeth was OOC, but I did think that tptb already knew what they wanted from the episode and there was nothing that could have made it better I MEAN NOTHING. I wanted at least more hesitation from John, that was weird.
      Yes, you are right, they knew in advance what they wanted, Binder just followed orders. Liz was good, I loved Torri's acting, she was GREAT in Lifeline. No one can beat her.

We did give it a chance. *high fives* and it sucks.
      Why was I not surprised?

Maybe I've become too spoiled by great writing in the show I've been watching during the summer, that could be it, now I can recognize pointless tehnobabble I don't care about, seeing hardly any emotions displayed by characters when there should be some, characters acting OOT, bad continuity and bland plots in S4. It's all The Closer's fault, it's not TPTB's of SGA. LOOOL
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Spoiler:
        personally, I want to have a "new Elizabeth" back as a leader of Atlantis expedition. It would be awesome.

Spoiler:
        you're right guys. Keller had no emotions. I still think she's too young to be a head of medical team in Atlantis. Carson was better.
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

see now you guys are making me want to try and find it so that i can see how bad it is

i however am no internet savvy so will end up waiting till its on in the uk. maybe from what youve said thats for the best. just tell me this, is carter in the 2nd ep? and if yes how bad is it?. errh you can pm if thats easier
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
            No, sorry.

I don't take every word as gospel btw. I'm well aware that this season could be a big let down, and I am well aware of how the industry works, too. I am just more open minded. I doubt you could admit that it could turn out to be a great season. I am actually quite worried it won't live up to my expectations, as I have built them pretty high. I know fine well I could be in for a reality check, and you could be getting a new member in the anti thread come next month. But, it could be as great, or better, than I ever expected it to be.

No one will know how excellent/crap-a-tronic s4 will be until it has aired. That is a fact.
            that is the point though isn't it, its all about personal tastes.

i get what your saying though you can build something up to be totaly above awsome and it turns out to be good or just average and you feel let down even though it still something you like. but that is part of the excitement though isnt it. when you like something you just go for it, the same when you dont. we just come at this from different perspectives hopefully when its aired there will be a chance for better dicussions in the ep threads when everyone is on a level playing field.

i cling to the sliver of hope that there will be some eps that i will like. at this point anything about the series when it airs that make me smile will be a bonus at this point.
            sigpic
            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
              just tell me this, is carter in the 2nd ep?
              According to the castphoto's on the news-page of GW ... Yes (unfortunately).
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I hadn't planned on watching season four anyway, and from the sound of it, I think I made the right decision. LOL.

I prefer to remember Elizabeth, and SGA as a whole, in better days, but I'm sorry to hear you guys were so disappointed. I'm know everyone is supposed to be thrilled that Elizabeth is in four "meaty" episodes, but I can't bear to watch them destroy her character (literally and figuratively).

Anyway I am enjoying (and cringing) with every comment made. For those who have watched, thanks for taking a bullet for the rest of us.
                sigpic

Comment

Here's what I think of S4:

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                    Here's what I think of S4:

Yeah ... *heavy sigh* ....thank god for fanfic.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Yeah ... *heavy sigh* ....thank god for fanfic.
                      Indeed!

The SG-1-ification has begun.

Comment

For all who's interested in the promo-shot of the season 4 without Carter and/or Keller...

Spoiler:

Comment

For all who's interested in the promo-shot of the season 4 without Carter and/or Keller...

Spoiler:
                          AWESOME!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Awesome indeed, I'd green you if I could. Doesn't Lizzie look stunning, so pretty in red. they all look SO much better than in those original S4 promos.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                              Awesome indeed, I'd green you if I could. Doesn't Lizzie look stunning, so pretty in red. they all look SO much better than in those original S4 promos.
                              Yup, she does look awesome. Teyla and Elizabeth are season 3 promo's, the guys I managed to take from the crappy season 4 promo's.

Comment

Yup, she does look awesome. Teyla and Elizabeth are season 3 promo's, the guys I managed to take from the crappy season 4 promo's.
                                You took the guys from S4 promos? Guess I didn't see those because, to me, John looks less sad in this one and Rodney less smug, Ronon looks fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X