Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bugs me the most is the non-information about her fate, I guess they have to keep the suspense Like we can't figure out that she's out after the 4 episodes.

I agree with parisindy about viewer ship not changing too much - how this will effect Sesaon 5 though is what I wonder.
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      What bugs me the most is the non-information about her fate, I guess they have to keep the suspense Like we can't figure out that she's out after the 4 episodes.

I agree with parisindy about viewer ship not changing too much - how this will effect Sesaon 5 though is what I wonder.
      Personally, I don't think they're going to have any change in numbers. I think all the SG-1 fans who wanted to watch are already watching. In fact, they're probably going to lose more fans then they gain.

They're losing the Weir fans, the Beckett fans, the fans who don't want Carter on SG-1 and the loyal viewers who don't want Atlantis turned into Atlantis SG-1.

And not to mention what a soap opera Atlantis SG-1 is becoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
        Personally, I don't think they're going to have any change in numbers. I think all the SG-1 fans who wanted to watch are already watching. In fact, they're probably going to lose more fans then they gain.

They're losing the Weir fans, the Beckett fans, the fans who don't want Carter on SG-1 and the loyal viewers who don't want Atlantis turned into Atlantis SG-1.

And not to mention what a soap opera Atlantis SG-1 is becoming.
        I agree with the soap opera comment 100%. Come on, it has gone from a sci-fi show to Days of our Lives - alien pregnancy, repli - whomever, resurrection & engagement.
        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post

I agree also with the idea that we'll see very little change in the numbers. They may get a bump for Adrift, but the new network shows will kill them. When does Numb3rs come back?

I understand the withholding of info, but what I don't understand is the fans who refuse to believe the truth when it hits them in the face. I'm a good one for living in my little fantasy world on the appropriate thread *ahem* but it's just that. Fantasy. I'm concerned for those who honestly believe this will end well for Weir and put their trust in TPTB to work it out. We may have to start a therapy thread. LOL. *runs to sign up*
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Sorry to reappear so quickly, but OMG! I just checked on Numb3rs. It premiers on Sept 28 with Val Kilmer as a guest star. And if you remember the season finale, you know there will be a big turnout. OMG! *insert hysterical laughter here*
            sigpic

Comment

Intentional or accidental?
              Shouldn't SG1 be SGA?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              We may have to start a therapy thread. LOL. *runs to sign up*
              Where do I have to be so sign up?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Intentional or accidental?
                Shouldn't SG1 be SGA?
                Total accident. I did mean SGA.

Hmmmm .... Freudian slip?! Hmmm ... yes. Of course it should be SGA.

Just goes to show that the brainwashing is working. SGA is now SG-1.

Comment

Total accident. I did mean SGA.
                  I figured as much.

Hmmmm .... Freudian slip?! Hmmm ... yes. Of course it should be SGA.
                  Just goes to show that the brainwashing is working. SGA is now SG-1.
                  Nooooooo!!! Resist!!! Use the force!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Sorry to reappear so quickly, but OMG! I just checked on Numb3rs. It premiers on Sept 28 with Val Kilmer as a guest star. And if you remember the season finale, you know there will be a big turnout. OMG! *insert hysterical laughter here*
                    With SGA moving to the later time period (opposite Numb3rs), I'm now glad they killed off Beckett and are dumping Weir--I LOVE Numb3rs, so you know which show I'll be watching at that time slot on Fridays!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                      ...At the end of the day, we've only got her for 4 more episodes. We'd better get some good follow through on what happens to her or I'll slowly be sliding off the fence. And if they don't bring her back as a regular in season 5, I'll happily step down and go on my way. Yes, I know, I'm not a true fan. But honestly, I don't think I've ever been this angry about a tv show. I'd be better off stepping away so my enjoyment of the first 3 seasons isn't tainted.

Yes, I feel the same way.
                      Actually, the fact that I found out Elizabeth was going to be taken out of the show was the reason I joined this forum.
                      And now thinking back, I say, my God!, I have watched Sg-1 for 10 years (!), I have been upset by some changes and by the way they messed that one up, but I have never been so upset about anything so much as to be determined to speak and say, NO, I don't like it!

I am not anti-season4, if there is a chance for us to see Elizabeth back. But if there os no chance for that, I don't think all the other charaters will keep me watching much time. The rest are all great, but now, for me, the team is broken. There's no more Atlantis, I don't feel like I am in anotehr galaxy watching the show, I feel like I am in SGC or, worse, TPTB office, with thrie beloved Sam. That's simply too much for me!
                      I know, I am not that optimistic today, unfortunately.
                      sigpic

Comment

You know what i just realized... i think tPTB think that the Soap Opera is character development! OMG! they do realize you can have character development with out it being a soap opera don't they?

Gads I bet they don't.... they can't write no stereotypical women and they can't write proper character development... explains alot really
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

So who wants the thrapy thread? I know some great denial techniques!!
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            So who wants the thrapy thread? I know some great denial techniques!!
                            I'm back to cleaning therapy. Washing curtains and ironing them with spray starch just like Mama used to do. Pressing that hot iron down on the fabric is very satisfying. When this is over I'll have the cleanest house in the whole US of A.
                            sigpic

Comment

My therapy consists of watching the first season of SeaQuest DSV on DVD. Goddess, that was one awesome show. *sigh*

Anyway, I was thinking about something earlier. We van't all give up on season 4. If we do, who's going to criticize it if it indeed turns out to be bad. If only the pro's remain TPTB may think they did the best thing ever.

It's a catch-22, but I'm willing to volunteer and sacrifice myself to the greater good of Atlantis-That-Was.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                My therapy consists of watching the first season of SeaQuest DSV on DVD. Goddess, that was one awesome show. *sigh*

Anyway, I was thinking about something earlier. We van't all give up on season 4. If we do, who's going to criticize it if it indeed turns out to be bad. If only the pro's remain TPTB may think they did the best thing ever.

It's a catch-22, but I'm willing to volunteer and sacrifice myself to the greater good of Atlantis-That-Was.
                                Me too. I still haven't changed my mind about watching. But it may require adult substances.

That's a joke, by the way. Just so the lurkers will know. As a truly true fan of SGA, I'll be watching every last fracking minute.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X