Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I have a *perfect* song in mind for a long time now. "The Show Must Go On" by Queen. Bc of this:

Part of the lyrics:

Spoiler:
    Another hero - another mindless crime.
    Behind the curtain, in the pantomime.
    Hold the line!
    Does anybody want to take it anymore?
    The Show must go on!
    The Show must go on!
    Inside my heart is breaking,
    My make-up may be flaking,
    But my smile, still, stays on!

That makes a perfect anti song for an anti vid.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Just made Elizbaeth vid... I'm thinking about making an anti vid too. Can you suggest some scenes/events you didn't like, guys?
      Originally posted by Celcool View Post
      Wait until S4 airs, you'll have plenty of footage to use.

But if you want to make one now, maybe make it a theme "TPTB killing on Atlantis", you can use the Carson and Liz scene a lot and scatter scenes of Grodin, Ford and other Atlantis expedition members being killed by TPTB. Could be a fun vid. I don't know which song to use though.
      Many Genii have been ditched as well. The Genii girl who simply vanished in s1, the guy who played Chief O'Brien on DS9, Kolya... The Athosians have been missing too, and will probably be ditched altogether in s4. Even the main enemy, the Wraith, have been missing lately. It seems to me most SGA-related stuff has been mismanaged. But who cares about SGA anyway?
      sigpic

Comment

Thanx for suggestions guys!!!

Comment

do you want good scenes or stuff we didn't like

stuff i didn't like.. most of first strike
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I intended to use scenes from FS.

Comment

thats the episode that turned me off
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

For me, it started with the Irr* episodes, which I consider a prelude of things to come, but Sunday and FS made me an Anti.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  For me, it started with the Irr* episodes, which I consider a prelude of things to come, but Sunday and FS made me an Anti.
                  at the time i just found the Irr episodes..weird, and and just plain off but forgivable to a point, Atlantis could have survived a few bad episodes... but sunday and fs upset the balance so much that they changed things irreversibly

sunday and fs are unforgivable
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                    at the time i just found the Irr episodes..weird, abd and just plain off but forgivable to a point

sunday and fs are unforgivable

I watched the first "Irr" episode and just shook my head. I always liked Richard Kind on Spin City, plus he's one of George Clooney's best friends, so what's not to like, but that episode was really pushing it. I'm proud to say that I didn't even watch the second "Irr" episode, so I don't feel so "icky".

I watched Sunday "unofficially" after it premiered in Canada, but couldn't bear to watch it again when it aired in the US. I'm sad to say I haven't watched anything live after The Ark and I've only seen the explosion scene in FS where Elizabeth was blown back. I just couldn't watch them change Elizabeth's character to suit the wrongheaded direction of the storyline. I'm stubborn that way (and loyal to my favorite characters).
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                      I'm stubborn that way (and loyal to my favorite characters).
                      Borg. Especially when the cast changes are not (cannot be) explained.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                        Borg. Especially when the cast changes are not (cannot be) explained.

agreed
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                          I watched the first "Irr" episode and just shook my head. I always liked Richard Kind on Spin City, plus he's one of George Clooney's best friends, so what's not to like, but that episode was really pushing it. I'm proud to say that I didn't even watch the second "Irr" episode, so I don't feel so "icky".

I watched Sunday "unofficially" after it premiered in Canada, but couldn't bear to watch it again when it aired in the US. I'm sad to say I haven't watched anything live after The Ark and I've only seen the explosion scene in FS where Elizabeth was blown back. I just couldn't watch them change Elizabeth's character to suit the wrongheaded direction of the storyline. I'm stubborn that way (and loyal to my favorite characters).
                          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I can only agree with that. Sunday was so out of character in too many places. Irr* episodes were stupid beyond belief. FS is truly unforgivable, and when I think of it - all those changes and things we didn't like are due to producing policies and big M word, contrcts and stuff like that. I'm dissapointed that totally uncreative things shape "creative" decisions.

Comment

I detect a strong whiff of desperation with these recent cast decisions. I wonder if it related to the fact that SGA has gotten poor ratings when SciFi ran the reruns and now the producers and Sci-Fi executives have no confidence in the show and hence all the changes.

The problem is the producers/writers themselves, not the actors who unfortunately have lost their jobs because the writers are incredibly incompetent. The cast changes and changing the show set-up (militarization, team-based) are a reflection of the inability of the producers/writers to create an ensemble show and write more complex stories focusing on intricate politics and ideologies. There was so much potential with the concept of Atlantis.

Sadly, the writers are creatively bankrupt and are only able to write the same predictable thing over and over again. The frat boy humor, the limited and inconsistent characterizations, illogical plots, recycling stories from SG-1, the lack of thematic arcs within a season and between seasons make this show really tedious.

It really bothers me at the way women in authority are treated on this show. Elizabeth Weir is there to be torn down and humiliated. Teyla is generally dressed in scanty clothes and kept in the background. These guys are pathetic when to comes to women. It's clearly a boys own show with the constant focus on McKay and Sheppard. They can't imagine a world where men and women can work together and be equal players in a story. They ought to watch something like Law&Order SVU.

Times are changing and dramatic television is becoming more sophisticated and the audiences are expect quality writing. The producers are stuck in a time warp.

I wonder if I should write a letter to SciFi with these complaints. It would be better for them to bet their money on a new set of producers.
                              Last edited by Flowerbud; 30 July 2007, 12:46 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Comment

You can add few female writers to that new package - instead of changig cast and ditching one wonderfull actress and her amazing character, maybe a change among those big heads could do the show some good.

Yeah it's a boys show, well no wonder there - this is still man's world and it seems taht military (and militarization) is something that's easier and more fun for them to do. I don't think it will be more fun to watch. I'll skip it, thank you but no thank you. No S4 for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X