Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    The ratings ARE down for SGA, no matter how folks want to spin it, and when you see things on SciFi like "Tin Man" getting over 4.0, then you know the audience IS out there and they DO want to see science fiction, they just aren't watching - they've given up on certain shows.

Skiffy will spin garbage ratings into gold all day long, just look at how they continued to talk about their new "HIT" show, "Flush Gordon". Gawd, was a waste that was. I don't believe anything that comes out of Stern or Hammer's mouth anymore.
    But but but... honey, why using your own brain instead listening to everything skiffy says?!!!

Go Tin Man! LOL, I'm evil today. There was something in that coffee I just had.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
      ...but am I going to start an Anti Ronon thread in the hopes of getting Momoa kicked off the show?...
      Before any of the lurking/posting lovers-of-season-4 can burst that bubble/balloon (or whatever)...

Isn't the Anti-Carter thread the same thing? Don't any of the posters there (including me) want Carter off Atlantis, and thus sorta wish AT out of work (well, not really since she's still got the SG1-movies and whatnot ... that Sanctuary-thing)?

Just saying you know.... *hides behind the anti-couch*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      FH, may I have an icon like that with anuna lemming on weir's shoulder? Pretty pretty please???
      Sure, give me a bit of time, cause I'm a bit busy the next few days... But I'll get it done, don't worry!

Same with Teyla. From the very first season she was the pretty wallpaper there. They gave her several token episodes and that's that!
      I'm doing a bit of research in that matter... I'm rewatching season 1 at the moment, conclusion to season 1 research will probably be reached sometime next week, but trust me if your name isn't Sheppard or McKay you have no business on Atlantis. Other than twiddling your thumbs and look pretty in the background.
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 12 December 2007, 11:36 AM. Reason: My brains is missing.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
        I agree completely. To me, Ronon's a boring waste of space who does nothing but grunt, but am I going to start an Anti Ronon thread in the hopes of getting Momoa kicked off the show? No. It's about having basic decency. Torri herself said recently that people should be careful what they say about the actors on public forums, because they all read it. And it's true.
        I think their should be an anti-ronin thread because the character is so bad right now. However, they can make him interesting when they want too.

90 percent of the time Ronin just grunts and kills something.

If the show runners had the foresight to "shake things up" by removing main characters they should have had the foresight to know if you wallpaper a character the character will get boring!

I would hope an anti-ronin thread would be a way to send a message to the writers that they need to improve the character and not fire JM the actor. But with TPTB in this franchise--you never know.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Before any of the lurking/posting lovers-of-season-4 can burst that bubble/balloon (or whatever)...

Isn't the Anti-Carter thread the same thing? Don't any of the posters there (including me) want Carter off Atlantis, and thus sorta wish AT out of work (well, not really since she's still got the SG1-movies and whatnot ... that Sanctuary-thing)?

Just saying you know.... *hides behind the anti-couch*

Sure, give me a bit of time, cause I'm a bit busy the next few days... But I'll get it done, don't worry!

I'm doing a bit of research in that matter... I'm rewatching season 1 at the moment, conclusion to season 1 research will probably be reached sometime next week, but trust me if your name isn't Sheppard or McKay you have no business on Atlantis. Other than twiddling your thumbs and look pretty in the background.
          I really don't want anybody fired, but wasn't somebody fired so Carter could be accommodated within SGA? Oh yes, i know what Malozzi said. Two decisions had nothing to do with one another. The trouble is I don't trust him.

First character that got me interested in SGA was Sheppard. But he was replaced with Weir very quickly - actually even before The Rising ended. I must have some kind of issue with those boy heroes. not that I don't like Sheppard. I like when he's not perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            I think their should be an anti-ronin thread because the character is so bad right now. However, they can make him interesting when they want too.

90 percent of the time Ronin just grunts and kills something.

If the show runners had the foresight to "shake things up" by removing main characters they should have had the foresight to know if you wallpaper a character the character will get boring!

I would hope an anti-ronin thread would be a way to send a message to the writers that they need to improve the character and not fire JM the actor. But with TPTB in this franchise--you never know.
            I actually think there should be "write characters better, don't dump them" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna
              *groan* B&B killed Star Trek, M&M are working hard to achieve same goal with SGA. All the symptoms are there and people are shoutin' "get the doctor"!!! But I fear this patient is going to die while suffering terribly.
              It took B&B 2 series and a few movies to wreck a franchise and it took them longer than the entire SG franchise has existed. From that perspective M&M are doing a better job, in 2.5 seasons they managed to do it.

But of course we the anits are wrong and simply have no better work to do than complain about somebody's work. Nothing pleases us.
              Indeed, we're ungrateful nitpickers. We should stop complaining and nods our heads in agreement whenever they have a new high concept story.
              Last edited by Gregorius; 12 December 2007, 12:01 PM. Reason: I missed a word.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                It's those lemmings fault, for refusing to watch in spite of having been called ignorant and having been told by tptb to stop watching if they didn't like something, what more incentive do fans need?!.
                Cookies? Chocolate?
                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                  It B&B 2 series and a few movies to wreck a franchise and it took them longer than the entire SG franchise has existed. From that perspective M&M are doing a better job, in 2.5 seasons they managed to do it.

Indeed, we're ungrateful nitpickers. We should stop complaining and nods our heads in agreement whenever they have a new high concept story.
                  You are right indeed. These two are doing a great job in a record time.

Oh and about head nodding - you just reminded me why I suggested "Another Brick in the Wall" for the anti soundtrack.

Cookies? Chocolate?
                  Stinky socks.

Comment

Of course. The fact that writing is more and more crappy has nothing to do with it whatsoever. And ripping off SG - 1 episodes is simply top notch.
                    Well let me guess the answer: "There are only so many things you can do in SciFi and therefore rehasing plots is unfortunately a side-effect of this."
                    Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I really don't want anybody fired, but wasn't somebody fired so Carter could be accommodated within SGA?
                      Good point. Please, ignore the ignorant lemming. *going back to being cute and fuzzy on Kate's shoulder*

Oh yes, i know what Malozzi said. Two decisions had nothing to do with one another. The trouble is I don't trust him.
                      *goes in search of what FH wrote on the Scifi forum*

*found it*

The original question was -> "Did Torri Higginson need some time to pursue other interests or did the writers end her contract to bring in Amanda Tapping?"

And here's what I answered...

I first quoted Torri's interview from the Stargate Magazine from Jun/July 2007. And then continued with the rest of the explanation with the following:

Amand Tapping had apparently signed a two-year contract at the start of season 10, and TPTB of Atlantis chose to use the option to bring her over to SGA. Though they had wanted to bring her over for a long time, or so they claim. They also keep insisting Torri's removal has nothing to do with Amanda's coming, but I'm not convinced over that. It's to that question we will never get an honest question, I'm afraid. And before anyone tries to convince me otherwise. If one has been thinking for a long time to bring in someone else into what could be the leadership position than the current leader has to go first, thus Amanda did take Torri's job. Torri is in fact been moved to make room for Amanda ... however you spin it, the result is the same.

I actually think there should be "write characters better, don't dump them" thread.
                      I'd support that thread.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You are right indeed. These two are doing a great job in a record time.
                        But will it be enough to get a place in the Guiness Book Of Records?

Oh and about head nodding - you just reminded me why I suggested "Another Brick in the Wall" for the anti soundtrack.
                        I was refering more to the tendency dictators have, look at Stalin (Sorry people, it's not time to invoke Godwin's Law), to surround themselves with people who's only job it is to nod in agreement with whatever the great fearless leader says.

Stinky socks.
                        A washing machine.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                          The ratings ARE down for SGA, no matter how folks want to spin it, and when you see things on SciFi like "Tin Man" getting over 4.0, then you know the audience IS out there and they DO want to see science fiction, they just aren't watching - they've given up on certain shows.

Skiffy will spin garbage ratings into gold all day long, just look at how they continued to talk about their new "HIT" show, "Flush Gordon". Gawd, was a waste that was. I don't believe anything that comes out of Stern or Hammer's mouth anymore.
                          This thread has been very helpful today. In about an hour my husband will return home from slaving for the man working hard to please his boss and I will attempt to explain today's credit card charges. I will assure him that the fact that I bought 4 items that were on sale at 50% off actually saved so much that 2 of them were free thus buying any less than that would have been a poor financial decision. Then when he asks to see the savings, I will tell him that I actually spent less than if I had only bought the one item we really needed. And besides it's Christmas. *puppy eyes* With luck I will convince him that I only actually bought one. Wish me luck. *takes another look at old math grade*

TPTB logic at its best.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I would like to point out that there are members of this thread that report whenever they see 'oh those anti's' and demand retribution for those talking about others behind their backs happen to be the very same folks that are in this thread talking about those pesky shippers or whumpers

Folks, you dont' like being talked about, don't talk about others.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well let me guess the answer: "There are only so many things you can do in SciFi and therefore rehasing plots is unfortunately a side-effect of this."
                              And sci fi shouldn't be about expanding your mind or imagination. Now why would anybody want that??

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Good point. Please, ignore the ignorant lemming. *going back to being cute and fuzzy on Kate's shoulder*

*goes in search of what FH wrote on the Scifi forum*

*found it*

The original question was -> "Did Torri Higginson need some time to pursue other interests or did the writers end her contract to bring in Amanda Tapping?"

And here's what I answered...

I first quoted Torri's interview from the Stargate Magazine from Jun/July 2007. And then continued with the rest of the explanation with the following:

Amand Tapping had apparently signed a two-year contract at the start of season 10, and TPTB of Atlantis chose to use the option to bring her over to SGA. Though they had wanted to bring her over for a long time, or so they claim. They also keep insisting Torri's removal has nothing to do with Amanda's coming, but I'm not convinced over that. It's to that question we will never get an honest question, I'm afraid. And before anyone tries to convince me otherwise. If one has been thinking for a long time to bring in someone else into what could be the leadership position than the current leader has to go first, thus Amanda did take Torri's job. Torri is in fact been moved to make room for Amanda ... however you spin it, the result is the same.

I think I'm anything but cute and fuzzy today. Of course that fatre three years of great work TH wanted to pursue something different, just because PTB told us so.

But will it be enough to get a place in the Guiness Book Of Records?

I was refering more to the tendency dictators have, look at Stalin (Sorry people, it's not time to invoke Godwin's Law), to surround themselves with people who's only job it is to nod in agreement with whatever the great fearless leader says.

A washing machine.
                              Guiness? They should try harder. Maybe make McKay kiss Carter. Or something like that.

Stalin? Try Hitler. He also liked the unison head nodding. And as for washing machines - I don't think there is a machine in teh world that could wash this pile of rubbish. Or stinky socks for that matter.

Maybe that would be something for Guiness book of records?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              This thread has been very helpful today. In about an hour my husband will return home from slaving for the man working hard to please his boss and I will attempt to explain today's credit card charges. I will assure him that the fact that I bought 4 items that were on sale at 50% off actually saved so much that 2 of them were free thus buying any less than that would have been a poor financial decision. Then when he asks to see the savings, I will tell him that I actually spent less than if I had only bought the one item we really needed. And besides it's Christmas. *puppy eyes* With luck I will convince him that I only actually bought one. Wish me luck. *takes another look at old math grade*

TPTB logic at its best.
                              JM would be proud of you my dear. *runs like hell*

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                I would like to point out that there are members of this thread that report whenever they see 'oh those anti's' and demand retribution for those talking about others behind their backs happen to be the very same folks that are in this thread talking about those pesky shippers or whumpers

Folks, you dont' like being talked about, don't talk about others.
                                Problem is, that in the past few days, <some folks have surfaced.....edited > and are saying horrendously terrible things, like what idiots the Weir and Beckett fans are with their stupid t-shirts, "Save so-and-so" banners, and letter campaigns, and how they (we) are embarrassing ourselves and need to STFU (excuse the language). But the Anti-crowd (who is mostly anti because they aren't happy with recent changes), needs to be quiet, and "behave" themselves?

Yes, most of the nasty Anti-Save/W & B comments have been elsewhere (like Mallozzi's blog), but those same people DO post here, and say just enough to keep out of trouble, yet poke just enough to inflame us (because they know we've seen their other rants).

It gets frustrating.
                                Last edited by Skydiver; 12 December 2007, 04:10 PM.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X