Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

instead of redding someone (I've never done such thing), I'll simply send them this message
    <remake it without the profanity and you can re-post it>
    Last edited by Skydiver; 16 March 2008, 12:30 PM.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      instead of redding someone (I've never done such thing), I'll simple send them this message
      <remake it without the profanity and you can repost it>
      *insane giggling going on now*

And watching NCIS and CSI... Yay, for new episodes.
      Last edited by Skydiver; 16 March 2008, 12:31 PM.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        *insane giggling going on now*

And watching NCIS and CSI... Yay, for new episodes.

I'm going to watch BSG, episode 204
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

All this talk about Southern Accents... Does anybody know the song "Southern Accents" by Johnny Cash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8kNhMu6FZE

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

instead of redding someone (I've never done such thing), I'll simply send them this message

<remake it without the profanity and youcan repost it>
            That one's gonna get modded, but it's great none the less

Congrats indeed, FH
            Last edited by Skydiver; 16 March 2008, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Frances Sternhagen is from Washington DC. Some think it's Southern, but I live near there and honey, it ain't.
              Now I know, thanks.

I think I've heard Sawyer call people "slick". That's a very Southern thing, along with all the nicknames.
              That's interesting, totally didn't know about the nicknames. Do you feel like the actor's Southern isn't as strong as in earlier seasons? I don't register it like I did in season 1.

My husband still hasn't figured out all my cousins' real names. LOL My whole family calls me "bunny" to this day. Sigh.
              LOL!

And ditto on all that about The Closer. Maybe it's because my real name is only one letter different from hers.
              Now I'm curious about your name. lol Don't worry, you don't have to reveal it on this public forum.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                I think you sold me with that sentence, LOL. I've added season 1 to my Netflix queue, so I will give it a try. I've seen Kyra in a couple films and she impressed me there--she kicks butt at intense drama. I've seen so many recs and suggestions on this thread, I'll probably be trying out different shows for a few years.
                I hope you like it, the part you bolded is true for me but I realize that not everybody can feel the same.

I agree about Kyra being great at intense drama. She's amazing in those interrogation/ confession scenes!

I think I forgot to mention the humor in the series, those moments are amazing as well. Love, love, love them. lol Flynn and Provenza are responsible for many of the show's laughs, their episodes are some of the best, can't get enough of them. Flynn joins the squad officially towards the end of season 1, that's another episode I adore, I find the scene when Flynn says he wants to join Brenda's squad quite powerful. Good stuff. I want new episodes. *cries*

Comment

Hey, isn't Elizabeth supposed to be from the South as well? heh She attended the Georgetown university, the same as Brenda Leigh Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                    All this talk about Southern Accents... Does anybody know the song "Southern Accents" by Johnny Cash?

I don't know that one but I do know his All I Do Is Drive 'cause it was featured in the 2nd episode of season 1 of The Closer. lol

Btw. Sorry for posting so many consecutive posts one after another. I'll be going to bed soon so it won't happen again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott;7913844<snipped a bit>

I think you're right that if you aren't from the South, or lived there for awhile, you can't quite tell the different Southern accents apart...at least I can't, not having the opportunity to spend time there. :o Can you tell from the expressions where in the South someone's from? Like one of my co-workers says "Well, if that doesn't hare-lip Rachel!" when she's suprised about something. I was so confused the first time I heard that. :D

Congrats, [B
                      FH[/B].
                      My grandma used to say "if that don't harelip the governor". WTF? But we all understood it. Yes, Southerners know basically what state you are from, even parts of a state. East Tennessee is very distinctive. Think Dolly.

[QUOTE=g.o.d;7913905]instead of redding someone (I've never done such thing), I'll simply send them this message

[mod snip]

I officially love you.

*wipes a tear* Love you Johnny, and yes a Southern accent is more than just how you talk.

Lots of country singers have great songs about the Southern spirit. We are a proud, defiant bunch, and you don't want to mess with us. Check out these:

Alabama and Charlie Daniels
                      Last edited by Shipperahoy; 16 March 2008, 01:21 PM. Reason: Cursing
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                        Hey, isn't Elizabeth supposed to be from the South as well? heh She attended the Georgetown university, the same as Brenda Leigh Johnson.
                        Just had to go back and reply to this. Honey don't ever let another Southerner hear you say Georgetown is a Southern school. We they think anything north of Richmond is yankeeland. And I don't know what a good Georgia girl was doing at Georgetown. Lord, couldn't she have gone to Georgia Tech or the U of Georgia or somewhere? Dang.
                        sigpic

Comment

I wish I could green you but I can't so have an unofficial one (Incase you're wondering how I saw it, it's still in SR's Posting Quote) Is that Dave Grohl in the dark glasses?

Seeing as it's Holy Week I've been watching the BBC's production of The Passion, who knew Matthew the Tax Collector was Welsh or James was a Liverpudlian or Pilate came from Belfast. Still it's an excellent production and well worth a watch

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Just had to go back and reply to this. Honey don't ever let another Southerner hear you say Georgetown is a Southern school. We they think anything north of Richmond is yankeeland. And I don't know what a good Georgia girl was doing at Georgetown. Lord, couldn't she have gone to Georgia Tech or the U of Georgia or somewhere? Dang.
                            Oh dear, had no idea. I just assumed because Brenda went there and the name is similar to Georgia. *blush* I looked it up, the uni is in Washington D.C.! (not Georgia, but I don't have to tell you that) I need to brush up on US geography. lol
                            Last edited by Celcool; 16 March 2008, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                              Oh dear, had no idea. I just assumed because Brenda went there and the name is similar to Georgia. *blush* I looked it up, the uni is in Washington D.C.! (not Georgia, but I don't have to tell you that) I need to brush up on US geography. lol
                              Nah, it's a big place. I can understand the confusion. We have names that repeat all over the place. Maybe TPTB on that show are confused too. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

*scurries in, rolls up in a little ball and hides in the corner*

I ABSOLUTELY HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, ...., HATE, HATE DOPPELGANGER!!
                                ((Hugs))

Mmm... why? For leading the anti-people into salvation?
                                Yes. You will be the one to lead the anti people out of tyranny and into salvation.

I think we can all fit into a rowboat...
                                Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                                The ships this season are practically worse than soap operas, because at least soaps are serialized and there's ususally some drama or fallout if one character almost kisses a guy in one ep, then invites another guy out for drinks in the next. Blah to canonized ships this season.
                                Blah to ships any season. While I love my CarsonTeyla I would actually prefer if it wasn't canonized. Same with any other ship - I liked the "shippy moments" but nothing was ever canonized in the first three seasons. With those shippy moments, viewers could take it or leave it, if you didn't see it, it wasn't there. But now? Canonization of Atlantis ships has become a nightmare. I would like to see some fallout, but I know we won't get it. It seems everyone on Atlantis has been making rounds with Keller lately.

We could call our ark the "Anti"? And make it big! We need to fit all the characters that have been mistreated by TPTB!
                                Yup. That could actually be said to poor Rodney, who suffered by the removal of Carson and Liz. I also vote for a big ship, but not too big. Never liked big ships. Can I share a bunk with Carson?

Spoiler:
                                The only thing is Keller should be making rounds around the ship with everyone.

I'm curious now ...

Comment

Working...
                                X