Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
    But what was the number of viewers for the back half of season 3 when 7 out of 10 episodes were getting 1.1 and 1.2s? So how many viewers have disappeared since all those episodes in the back half? It is very possible that the first half of season 4 has a more (or equal) viewers than the back half of season 3.
    It's possible.

I'll start comparing the back half of Season 3 to the back half of season 4. I prefer symmetry. Season openers get compared to season openers. Midseason finales get compared to midseason finales. First halves get compared to first halves. And back halves get compared to back halves.

If you want to do it another way, you are welcome to do so.

For all we know, the back half of Season 4 will get 0.9's and 1.0's and continue the downward trend. We'll see that comparison when we get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
      Or in other words: Stargate is suffering from the "Star Trek"-Syndrome[1], which always leads to one eventual end: Cancellation of the current series and a near dead franchise.
      We're almost there, I look forward to see what tptb will do when they get a 0.7 or a 0.5 (hopefully), just think of the amazing, enthralling stories they will come up with to explain how good those numbers are and how the fact that less people are watching the show only means that more people are watching the show, no really.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
        We're almost there, I look forward to see what tptb will do when they get a 0.7 or a 0.5 (hopefully), just think of the amazing, enthralling stories they will come up with to explain how good those numbers are and how the fact that less people are watching the show only means that more people are watching the show, no really.
        If that happens, they'll look at a specific demographic -- say males 15-30, and say that's their target audience. Then they'll say that they rate higher in that group than other completing, similar genre shows, etc, etc.

Trust me, I've seen it happen. If you really want to or have to, you can find something 'positive' in any ratings figures.

Comment

But, but, but... you don't understand, if the show gets a 0.7 or a 0.5 it really means a lot more people in the coveted ten - ten and a quarter years old demographic are watching and everyone knows that one of those = twenty four of any other age group. It' s all very complicated and ordinary people not in the biz couldn't possibly be expected to understand. Just trust tptb.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Hmm that hiatus has made me wonder. Something happened to SCI FI where all the shows have went down. Shows like SGA, SG-1, BSG, Eureka, and even ECW. Still, Ghost Hunters seemed to have not been unchanged. When it's one show or franchise you say to yourself, yeah people are losing interest, but when most of the shows fall down, then something is not right, and it's not the show itself.
            According to SciFi, their ratings are not down, but up:

SCI FI CHANNEL GROWTH TREND FOR '07 CONTINUES WITH BEST NOVEMBER EVER IN TOTAL VIEWERS AND YOUNGER DEMOS
            Published: November 29, 2007
            SCI FI also enjoyed its best October ever in Adults 18-34 (255,000), Men 18–34 (139,000), Women 18-34 (116,000) and Women 18-49 (250,000).
            From the NBC Universal press release website.

Comment

It's all the fault of the internet and of the downloaders!!111!!
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

It's those lemmings fault, for refusing to watch in spite of having been called ignorant and having been told by tptb to stop watching if they didn't like something, what more incentive do fans need?!.

Comment

Of course. The fact that writing is more and more crappy has nothing to do with it whatsoever. And ripping off SG - 1 episodes is simply top notch.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

OMG!, SGA is a terrible show with recycled plots that's going down the drain and hemorraging ratings, but it's on an equally crappy t.v channel surrounded by terrible shows that are getting even lousier ratings, REJOICE!.

Those people at NBC are a hoot.

Comment

OMG!, SGA is a terrible show with recycled plots that's going down the drain and hemorraging ratings, but it's on an equally crappy t.v channel surrounded by terrible shows that are getting even lousier ratings, REJOICE!.

Or to put it differently: if you're on the top of pile of crap, it's still crap no matter how loud you shout it's actually great.

Comment

It's those lemmings fault, for refusing to watch in spite of having been called ignorant and having been told by tptb to stop watching if they didn't like something, what more incentive do fans need?!.
                        He shouldn't have insulted the lemming-community.

Look how cute they can be:

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna
                          On a serious note, I don't like some characters, or to put it better I prefer some and some are boring - but I don't want any of them fired from their jobs! Why not better writing instead? Oh wait maybe writers are actually out of ideas after doing this stuff for years and there is no fresh blood to bring new ideas.
                          I agree completely. To me, Ronon's a boring waste of space who does nothing but grunt, but am I going to start an Anti Ronon thread in the hopes of getting Momoa kicked off the show? No. It's about having basic decency. Torri herself said recently that people should be careful what they say about the actors on public forums, because they all read it. And it's true.

Comment

Mental GREEN for the expression "haemorrhaging ratings". *rofl*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              He shouldn't have insulted the lemming-community.

Look how cute they can be:

FH, may I have an icon like that with anuna lemming on weir's shoulder? Pretty pretty please???

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                              I agree completely. To me, Ronon's a boring waste of space who does nothing but grunt, but am I going to start an Anti Ronon thread in the hopes of getting Momoa kicked off the show? No. It's about having basic decency. Torri herself said recently that people should be careful what they say about the actors on public forums, because they all read it. And it's true.
                              Exactly! I also think PTB neglect Ronon, and I don't see him as a waste of space, rather as a waste of potential. IMO, he is very smart, but the keep showing him as a grunting caveman. He is not that, FCOL; they could do interesting things with this character!

Same with Teyla. From the very first season she was the pretty wallpaper there. They gave her several token episodes and that's that! Again, waste of potential, but I don't want either of actors dumped because those guys who think they are smartest people on planet can't do decent writing. Especially if that involves writing smart females who don't use guns, but words.

Comment

The ratings ARE down for SGA, no matter how folks want to spin it, and when you see things on SciFi like "Tin Man" getting over 4.0, then you know the audience IS out there and they DO want to see science fiction, they just aren't watching - they've given up on certain shows.

Skiffy will spin garbage ratings into gold all day long, just look at how they continued to talk about their new "HIT" show, "Flush Gordon". Gawd, was a waste that was. I don't believe anything that comes out of Stern or Hammer's mouth anymore.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X