Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    PM me too please?
    Yes.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    That's precisely why I'm Anti-s4.
    Sadly, I have to second that.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Yes.

Sadly, I have to second that.
      i third that!

if carters there im not gonna be as interested in watching. even if they bring back every character thats been forded, carter = disinterested for me
      sigpic
      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

That's precisely why I'm Anti-s4.
        Keep up the good fight. They did it with Carson, why not Weir. You got Sci-fi's attention. We all know Sci-fi can influence some decisions. They are even promoting the mid-season finale as the return of Dr. Weir. They know she is a strong and well-loved character.
        sigpic

Comment

What did they do with Dr. Beckett besides killing him and bringing him back for two episodes?
          sigpic

Comment

What did they do with Dr. Beckett besides killing him and bringing him back for two episodes?
            Leaving his character open to return for season 5. Producers and Paul are up for it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              We all know Sci-fi can influence some decisions.
              Possibly the reason why Carter is in Atlantis. (notice the 'possibly')
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Leaving his character open to return for season 5. Producers and Paul are up for it.
                *cough**cough*
                sigpic

Comment

*cough**cough*
                  You know what? It could happen. We did not see him get killed off. We assumed he escaped or not. I don't know what else to say, there is just so much to explore, character and story wise. That ending it after only 4 seasons would be a sin. oh and the death of Sci-fi.
                  sigpic

Comment

so why get rid of him in the first place?

if theyve reset the series and made all these changes, becuase it sooooo obviousley needed (not) to be done, why then go back to the original formula. would atlantis need carter if wier's there? i should hope not. is keller needed if becketts there, err double no

i just cant see it theyve made there stand, this is how sga will be from now on you either like it or you dont. (err i dont)

if i cant make myself watch season4 then im hardly likely to be drawn back if they change it again for season 5 ((shrugs))

putting my own personal bias aside, i do hope there is a season 5 for the people who like it and for the sake of the actors.
                    sigpic
                    banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                      so why get rid of him in the first place?

if theyve reset the series and made all these changes, becuase it sooooo obviousley needed (not) to be done, why then go back to the original formula. would atlantis need carter if wier's there? i should hope not. is keller needed if becketts there, err double no

i just cant see it theyve made there stand, this is how sga will be from now on you either like it or you dont. (err i dont)

if i cant make myself watch season4 then im hardly likely to be drawn back if they change it again for season 5 ((shrugs))

putting my own personal bias aside, i do hope there is a season 5 for the people who like it and for the sake of the actors.
                      Good point...why make all these changes anyway? Why try to change a formula that obviously was working? The first season was wonderful! The characters were great, it was the start of another great show and spin-off. They had so much going for them, and they had to change it.

I could understand them making drastic changes if SGA was doing terrible in the ratings and the decision of cancellation was near, but that wasn't the case. The changes they are making for this season make me so nervous. The proof is in the numbers, and a majority of us are not happy.

If they honestly thought Weir became a character that they couldn't fix, why in the world did they bring Carter in? This show was to allow new characters to shine, and I think Carter will overshadow that. Why couldn't they bring in someone new from Stargate Command? I think that would have been a better decision because first of all, she's new, and second, no one would be able to judge her, she has a clean slate. Many people won't watch the show because Carter's coming into it, and they didn't like her when she was on SG1. If they had any desire to bring someone from SG1 into the program, it should have been Daniel. He's well liked for the most part, more so than Sam. To be honest, even though it's sad to see Weir go, I would have preferred someone new over Sam any day!
                      sigpic
                      Banner by me!

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingWriter View Post
                        To be honest, even though it's sad to see Weir go, I would have preferred someone new over Sam any day!
                        Same here.
                        sigpic

Comment

Quite honestly, even if there is a season 5 I will not be around to watch it, and I'm certainly not planning to watch any of season 4. Season 3 was not fantastic, IMHO, and it doesn't give me much if any hope for anything better, particularly with the way the writers have been talking.

Frankly, I could care less, but not much less - the scale doesn't go that low.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                            Quite honestly, even if there is a season 5 I will not be around to watch it, and I'm certainly not planning to watch any of season 4. Season 3 was not fantastic, IMHO, and it doesn't give me much if any hope for anything better, particularly with the way the writers have been talking.

Frankly, I could care less, but not much less - the scale doesn't go that low.

I agree. Who's gonna chance watching season 4 based only on the hope that if there is a season 5, TPTB will get their heads out of their butts and somehow rediscover the promise of The Rising. Ain't gonna happen. The creative spirit responsible for those early episodes is long gone, replaced by the safe and the familiar.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              I agree. Who's gonna chance watching season 4 based only on the hope that if there is a season 5, TPTB will get their heads out of their butts and somehow rediscover the promise of The Rising. Ain't gonna happen. The creative spirit responsible for those early episodes is long gone, replaced by the safe and the familiar.
                              big green for you!

even if the ratings stay the same what was the point they won't have gained anything
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Well...I wrote a letter to SciFi Weekly. They had quite a few angry SGA letters, so I thought I would contribute. *shrugs*

Hello there! I've never written an email complaining about a show before, but then again, I've really never felt such a pull to write one. I have so much to say and yet I have no idea who to say it to, so I thought SciFi Weekly would be best.

First, let me say that I am a Stargate SG-1 fan and a Stargate Atlantis fan. However, my gripe is with SGA. The direction in which the writing team is choosing to go is a place where many fans are not following, and it just seems like they're not listening/not seeing what's going on. I'd actually prefer that then them actually knowing what's going on and not caring.

They shouldn't see our complaints as a group of people (a LARGE group of people may I add) who don't appreciate what they do. On the contrary, they've brought two great shows and great characters to life. We're only upset because we adore the show, and we want it to be as successful as it can be. But how can we support a show that makes such drastic changes?

Of course people who make the show want the fans to like what they're making. They want them to like the characters they create, to watch the show every week. Becoming attached to certain characters is all a part of how shows get popular...yet how can we do this when we are afraid to get attached to SGA with the thought of another cast member being written out looming over our heads?

I want SGA to succeed. I want it to last to season 10 or more, I want it to sell tons of DVD boxed sets...but I can tell you now, this is not going to happen if the writers behind SGA continue down this path. Have they not read the fan reactions? Have they not read the forums? Can they not see how displeased we are? Can they not see how hurtful it is for us to watch something we love slowly dwindle into just another bad spinoff?

Someone said to me that I should watch the show regardless of how I feel. If I want it to keep going, I should watch. I do not feel this way. I feel if I DO watch, I'm condoning what they're doing; I'm giving them permission to ruin the show. Unfortunately, I won't be tuning into SGA anymore. I don't want to get more attached to it than I already am, and I don't want to be even more disappointed. They had a great formula for season one; the characters were great and so were the stories. Why did they need to change it? Didn't they realize what a gem they had?

Like I said, the SGA writers are going down such a bad path that I refuse to follow them. Perhaps this letter won't even make the smallest blip on the radar, and perhaps the low ratings they get won't send a message of our unhappiness either, but I feel like I had to say something, and I did my part. Thank you for listening to my gripe!

Sincerely,

A Wandering Writer
                                Myeh! Oh well...thought a letter might help. What was I thinking?! ROFL.
                                sigpic
                                Banner by me!

Comment

Working...
                                X