Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    whats the difference?
    Lucius got better ratings.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

HA!
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Add a white beard and a red suit, and he's practically the Big Man himself! He was even into gift-giving...

Spoiler:
        Last edited by JesterDala; 04 July 2007, 04:40 PM.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

whats the difference?
          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          He was not in 14 eps either, and is kind of funnier.

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
          Add a white beard and a red suit, and he's practically the Big Man himself! He was even into gift-giving...

Spoiler:
          Nice picture of the good old days...
          sigpic

Comment

again what's the difference?

ooo that was low... even for me hehe

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post

agree on both accounts
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

ooo that was low... even for me hehe
              Ha! Very true.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Sam performs more miracles?
                sigpic

Comment

Sam performs more miracles?
                  and she is not very jolly at all
                  Spoiler:

Comment

man i seriously wish i was like you... everything i've seen so far annoys me
                    Same here, I won't be even watching any more of s4 previews unless someone tells me that Elizabeth is in them because I simply can't take it, especially not the sight of the wannabe-leader Carter.

TPTB have written 200+ epidoes of SG-1 and Atlantis so I understand how certain episodes might be below par. But instead of changing cast members, villians even the setting of the show (setting: flying around somewhere), they should realise that there are other quality writers out there looking for work.

It seems to me that it should occur to them that after ten years, they might need a break.
                    Some people, like the creators of Friends, realize it on their own while others are so arrogant that they refuse to see anything wrong with their work and prefer taking it out on the actors instead of tyring to improve their work or saying bye bye when it's time.

Spoiler:
                    "A wise and kind man." LOL

He was funny in Irresistible but not in Irresponsible, that episode was crap in every way.

The good old days with Carson and Elizabeth. *sigh*

and she is not very jolly at all
                    LOL!
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

*staggers in, looks around, collapses on couch*

Ah, sweet relief from the so-called Weir Discussion Thread. It's getting pretty deep over there. Self righteousness is not an attractive trait.

Does the word schadenfreude ring a bell?
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

haha, you know German? Does ring a bell. LOL I have nothing to read over there, I don't see many new posts, if you get my drift. edit: Now I do.

Comment

It's a word in English borrowed from German and it means the same as the Dutch word "Leedvermaak" and its meaning is "Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.".
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I know. but good that you explained it to others.

Comment

Not everyone knows and especially considering the lack of education in foreign languages which causes an inability to recognise foreign words and the apparent lack of a large basic vocabulary among native English speakers, it's important for someone to explain it clearly or else we'll have more of those "The French don't have a word for entrepreneur" scenarios on our hands.

And those scenarios annoy me to no end. Free advice for everyone: Learn a foreign language, it's highly educating.

To remain on-topic: I find the lack of foreign English accents and foreign languages, with the exception of Czech, highly annoying on Atlantis and hope they'll clear that up in season 4. There can't be so many foreigners and they all speak perfect neutral American dialect English.
                              Signed,

Gregorius
                              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                                I know. but good that you explained it to others.
                                Being a former teacher, I would have said "Go look it up". But thanks, Gregorius. That word is actually quite popular around here (Washington, DC area) in political circles. LOL. Maybe we should start a schadenfreude thread so all those folks will have somewhere to hang out.

And then when the tide changes, the thread will get a whole new crew of members. Not that we will ever be glad for the misfortune of others, that is.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X