Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right Brian, we should be keeping the faith. Maybe they will turn around and hopefully will make SGA the way it was during the first season...but the question is (and please don't get upset at me for asking this), if more people watch the show, won't they think that we are agreeing with what they're writing about, that we approve of what they're doing? I figured if people stopped watching they would assume that there's something going on in the show that people just aren't interested in anymore....but doing that could cancel the show! Argh! *pulls at hair* It's difficult either way!

P.S. Thanks for the banner compliment, Parisindy!
    Last edited by WanderingWriter; 04 September 2007, 10:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a thank you!!
    sigpic
    Banner by me!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I think the solution is Season 5 and beyond. Characters who have been reduced or left could very well return for many more eps and maybe even full time. It seems to have worked for Carson, why not Weir?

Everyone needs to watch the premiere on September 28th. Whether you are unhappy with the changes being made(um which have not happened yet, lol) or not. Season 4 could very well be the best season of the series, why stop there? Perhaps getting more seasons can satisfy the complaints by fufilling people's hopes.

Keep the Faith!
      Really at this point I don't care if there is a s5. If there is great, whatever, but I doubt Elizabeth or Carson will be back fulltime.

Not watching s4, live at all, I don't want to waste my time watching something I probably won't like. That's why I will be catching it some other way . That way I can skip the parts I don't care about. It doesn't matter anyways since we don't have them nifty Nelisen boxes. But my friend does and she won't be watching. lol. I have brainwashed her. lol.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
        Really at this point I don't care if there is a s5. If there is great, whatever, but I doubt Elizabeth or Carson will be back fulltime.

Not watching s4, live at all, I don't want to waste my time watching something I probably won't like. That's why I will be catching it some other way . That way I can skip the parts I don't care about.
        I feel the same.

It doesn't matter anyways since we don't have them nifty Nelisen boxes. But my friend does and she won't be watching. lol. I have brainwashed her. lol.
        Great job!
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

It doesn't matter anyways since we don't have them nifty Nelisen boxes. But my friend does and she won't be watching. lol. I have brainwashed her. lol.
          People with Nielsen boxes aren't allowed to tell anyone that they have one. It's one of the terms of having a box.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
            This is so funny I had to share. This was taken from the new issue of TV Guide (9/10/07 - 9/16/07):

ATLANTIS SQUAREPANTIS

In SpongeBob's first hourlong special, our favorite eight-cornered yellow fellow and his undersea posse head to the mythical city of Atlantis, where they encounter Lord Royal Highness and a few testy city guards.

So *that's* the new member of the SGA team!
            I gotta set my DVR for this one. My kids are gonna flip, since Spongebob is a no-no still at my house.

sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I'll PM as soon as I'm done. I promise.
              PM me too please?
              sig made by me

Comment

Great job indeed. Anti green 4 u!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  People with Nielsen boxes aren't allowed to tell anyone that they have one. It's one of the terms of having a box.
                  I wonder how they keep track of this? I mean, what if they made a casual comment at work? How would they follow through?
                  sig made by me

Comment

I think the solution is Season 5 and beyond. Characters who have been reduced or left could very well return for many more eps and maybe even full time. It seems to have worked for Carson, why not Weir?

Everyone needs to watch the premiere on September 28th. Whether you are unhappy with the changes being made(um which have not happened yet, lol) or not. Season 4 could very well be the best season of the series, why stop there? Perhaps getting more seasons can satisfy the complaints by fufilling people's hopes.

Keep the Faith!
                    I am all for keeping the faith, but at the rate these articles keep popping up really doesn't leave much room for hope/faith.
                    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingWriter View Post
                      You're right Brian, we should be keeping the faith. Maybe they will turn around and hopefully will make SGA the way it was during the first season...but the question is (and please don't get upset at me for asking this), if more people watch the show, won't they think that we are agreeing with what they're writing about, that we approve of what they're doing? I figured if people stopped watching they would assume that there's something going on in the show that people just aren't interested in anymore....but doing that could cancel the show! Argh! *pulls at hair* It's difficult either way!

Well if Season 3 was bad, I could see people not watching next season. But when Season 3 was one of the most dramatic powerful seasons and had that edge of your seat feel, then you would think people would be anticipating the next season. Like Joe M said, only a fraction of the people read spoilers. No one really knows about Weir's fate, and you know what no one does not even here 100 percent, not even Joe M or the writers do. A regular viewer will see her in the first few eps along with Carter on board. That there alone should attract more viewers and keep the current viewers.

A successful 4th season will lead into a 5th season, and don't you think if the opportunity was there they would ask Torri and Paul to come back for more eps?

Again that 5th season is dangling in the distance, So they are shaking things up to write a better and stronger show. Don't say nay until you've tried it.
                      sigpic

Comment

A successful 4th season will lead into a 5th season, and don't you think if the opportunity was there they would ask Torri and Paul to come back for more eps?
                        For this Weir fan in particular, I'm not convinced TPTB have plans to bring Weir back full-time. I hope they do. I want them to. But, I'm not convinced of that. That's why I can't support 100% a Season 4 with reduced Torri and I can't support 100% of a Season 5 without her. I'm going to watch Torri's episodes, I'm going to see what they do with her character, THEN I will decide whether or not SGA gets any more of my business.

And it is business. I am their customer. I "purchase" their product. If I'm not satisfied, I don't need their product anymore. It's retail - pure and simple.

Yes, I understand that if the show gets canceled, I won't have any more Weir. But I am NOT going to support a show and/or a creative team that reduces and possibly removes one of the main reasons I watch the show. If they treat her right and I like what they end up doing with her character, fine. If I don't like what they do, I take my business elsewhere.
                        sigpic
                        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Keep the Faith!
                          If we had faith we wouldn't be anti, now would we?

All you say would be correct of course, in a perfect world. We would all love to see the show go on forever, but right at this moment we don't like the changes. And yes, they have happened. Carter is in charge of Atlantis. She has Weir's job, Weir's office and probably Weir's quarters. Oh, and Sheppard's job also by the way. Those episodes have already been filmed. Just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean they haven't happened.

The thing IMHO that really frosts some of us is that several people posted on various threads more than a year ago that these very things would happen. They were laughed at and accused of making stuff up. It all turned out to be true. But instead of taking that into consideration and wondering if maybe what those same people are still saying is true, what are a lot of fans doing? Telling them they are making stuff up and maybe what exactly they know to be true won't happen. Frustrated? Not much.

As far as we know, Carson is going to be in 2 episodes. Nothing has been said about more. Ever. They could bring him back full time in S5, but they have also said they want Jewel to stay. So, maybe we'll get our wish and she'll be his colleague.

They have also said they want Carter to continue. So what will they do with her? Reduce her to recurring and give her a really important story arc? *holds breath, turns blue*

Ergo, our cynicism.

Originally posted by WanderingWriter View Post

Mental green for you. Don't we all wish that were true? Best case scenario: ratings tank, studio goes "OMG! they miss Weir and Beckett! We'll give you a chance to fix it!", TPTB put everything back like it was, S5 ratings go up. Considering past decisions and the raging stupidity of most studio execs, this is highly unlikely.

Ergo, we all lose a lot of hair.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                            For this Weir fan in particular, I'm not convinced TPTB have plans to bring Weir back full-time. I hope they do. I want them to. But, I'm not convinced of that. That's why I can't support 100% a Season 4 with reduced Torri and I can't support 100% of a Season 5 without her. I'm going to watch Torri's episodes, I'm going to see what they do with her character, THEN I will decide whether or not SGA gets any more of my business.

And it is business. I am their customer. I "purchase" their product. If I'm not satisfied, I don't need their product anymore. It's retail - pure and simple.

Yes, I understand that if the show gets canceled, I won't have any more Weir. But I am NOT going to support a show and/or a creative team that reduces and possibly removes one of the main reasons I watch the show. If they treat her right and I like what they end up doing with her character, fine. If I don't like what they do, I take my business elsewhere.
                            Yeah, I hear ya. I love Weir also, and I guess my problem is I love Carter. Damn why can't we have them both!!! lol. I think Weir's character is going to get some great parts next season, and I really think they will be leaving her character open. I also strongly believe she will be in the Season finale.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              If we had faith we wouldn't be anti, now would we?

All you say would be correct of course, in a perfect world. We would all love to see the show go on forever, but right at this moment we don't like the changes. And yes, they have happened. Carter is in charge of Atlantis. She has Weir's job, Weir's office and probably Weir's quarters. Oh, and Sheppard's job also by the way. Those episodes have already been filmed. Just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean they haven't happened.

The thing IMHO that really frosts some of us is that several people posted on various threads more than a year ago that these very things would happen. They were laughed at and accused of making stuff up. It all turned out to be true. But instead of taking that into consideration and wondering if maybe what those same people are still saying is true, what are a lot of fans doing? Telling them they are making stuff up and maybe what exactly they know to be true won't happen. Frustrated? Not much.

As far as we know, Carson is going to be in 2 episodes. Nothing has been said about more. Ever. They could bring him back full time in S5, but they have also said they want Jewel to stay. So, maybe we'll get our wish and she'll be his colleague.

They have also said they want Carter to continue. So what will they do with her? Reduce her to recurring and give her a really important story arc? *holds breath, turns blue*

Ergo, our cynicism.

Mental green for you. Don't we all wish that were true? Best case scenario: ratings tank, studio goes "OMG! they miss Weir and Beckett! We'll give you a chance to fix it!", TPTB put everything back like it was, S5 ratings go up. Considering past decisions and the raging stupidity of most studio execs, this is highly unlikely.

Ergo, we all lose a lot of hair.

I think Carson returning full time or at least recurring(Season one) is a very strong possibility. I have never seen so much love for a character for this franchise. Joe M has made that decision to bring him back and even Paul said his character would be open and would love to return. I just hope the effect is not dulled and it is written really well his return.

As per Weir, it's very tough, I could see her return for more eps, but full time? I don't know. If people embrace Carter and it brings in good ratings, she will be around for a 5th season also.
                              sigpic

Comment

As per Weir, it's very tough, I could see her return for more eps, but full time? I don't know. If people embrace Carter and it brings in good ratings, she will be around for a 5th season also.
                                That's precisely why I'm Anti-s4.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X