Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted maybe. I'm nervous with M&M taking over. They have written episodes that I've loved, but they seem to like the bimbo campy stuff that I hate. I'm afraid of what they might do to the show given their new authority. Also, I'm a big Sparky shipper and I know JM isn't, so that's got me nervous as well.

Go Sparky! *suddenly feels the glares of the noromos*

Comment

I voted YES! This show is very fun to watch. Here in the states, we get it as part of "Sci-Fi Fridays" and it's a nice way to end a week at work! To bad I have to wait until March while some of you in other countries are basking in the 2nd part of Season 3!! (Yes, I see some of the posts. I don't mind spoilers) I'll definatly give Season 4 a chance. (I just wish they wouldn't feel the need to get rid of beloved characters)
      Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
      http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

Maybe....

Well even in my darkest hour with SGA I still think it is better then most crap on TV and I love my scifi, however, I am not happy to hear M&M are taking the rains, that Carter is to appear (few eps yeah right) that another character is to be replaced by two other characters and we still don't know if Caldwell is going to be in season 4, and the rumours are around involving other characters *yes I know there are always rumours*.

My biggest draw card for SGA is David Hewlett, should he go I will stop watching, I mean in all honesty the other characters don't offer me anything, I find them either wasted or annoying or so OOC that I can't relate to them at all anymore. The females are phoning it in, Sheppard has lost the edge he had, and Ronon has always seemed so one dimensional "he-man" that I sometimes feel I am watching a cartoon. Carson, although they stuffed his character up big time, was the only one who seemed to be normal, but as I say they stuffed him up so much that I don't really care anymore what they do to him. McKay has remained fairly consistent, although tptb over-use him and that annoys some, which I understand, all in all though he is still one of the best written and developed characters... it is a pity they can't do that with the others but I really don't think they are capable of understanding the characters they created I also think SGA is suffering from not having female writers on staff, regardless of whether you think males can write for female characters, females *may* bring a different story arc to the show, a different feel and no I do not mean soap or ship or any of that other crap... I mean feelings and emotion that you bloody well know these characters have, if the current writers can't do that then for **** sake bring in writers who can!

Also they (tptb) take very few real chances, they seem so afraid, why? I would think if you have a renewal you would be eager to push the boundaries not hide in the shadows of mediocrity... challenge yourselves and the viewer! PLEASE! OK maybe implementing new characters is a risk but if they then ignore them what is the point.

I am hoping that SGA will
        speculation/spoilers season 4
        Spoiler:
        be cut off from Earth again, to me that is the one thing that made SGA season one the great season it was and it gave the show a different feel to what we have now. Also I hate the idea of SGC coming to the rescue all the fraking time! Making Earth and Atlantis able to contact each other and having a Ship was the biggest single mistake tptb made IMHO.

Comment

Yes! If the show continues to be anything like it is not I will keep watching forever. And even if season 4 is not as good as season 3 at least it is still Stargate Atlantis.
          Weir: He's just a boy!
          Jinto: I am Jinto.
          Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

First off I was surprised that i was the first to come up with this thread, and I am pleased with how many positive responses I've gotten. I was expecting alot more negatvity and i am pleasently surprised. I will definatly give season 4 more than a chance as I am very pleased with season 3 so far and still think SGA is a great show and believe/hope it will be just as good with the changes.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I would never decide to stop watching a show - particularly one I love - based purely on news of changes being made, unconfirmed rumours and one or two less than excellent episodes. The only reason I would stop watching a show would be if and when I stopped enjoying it.

I'm not saying I'm pleased about news of some of the changes planned for Season 4 of Atlantis but I'm certainly going to watch Season 4 and hope that the results will be better than speculation suggests.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                I would never decide to stop watching a show - particularly one I love - based purely on news of changes being made, unconfirmed rumours and one or two less than excellent episodes. The only reason I would stop watching a show would be if and when I stopped enjoying it.

I'm not saying I'm pleased about news of some of the changes planned for Season 4 of Atlantis but I'm certainly going to watch Season 4 and hope that the results will be better than speculation suggests.
                Well said. Green for you!
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Absolutely, I will give S4 a chance! I'm still optimistic the changes could work out well, I won't jump of the ship just yet. The fact that AT is coming to Atlantis isn't really bothering me as she has stated already it will be for a few eps not a regular role on the show, so I don't mind that. I still think the show will be really good in S4 just like S3 has been!

Comment

Yes.

They need to ease up on the cast changes, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      Good grief, of course I will! even though I have concerns, I'd only abandon it if my favourite character left, and I'd probably still even watch then, but just cry into my pillow every night!
                      Well said. Yes, I will continue to watch. I haven't been this into a show before (ie- entering the wonderful world of fandom instead of just watching the show). It took SGA for that to happen to me, and I will not cease to watch it unless it gets so bad or boring that I can't bear to sit in front of the screen for the whole 45 minutes.

I'll certainly not cease to watch it based on speculation over new changes. Often change can actually benefit the show, regardless of how gloomy or uncomfortable we are before we see it implemented.

Two things that would certainly be a blow for me would be to remove either Shep or McKay, but as Linzi said, I'd probably still watch it, but my pillow will suffer the concequences.
                      sigpic
                      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Yes... but if they make more Lucius eps i' won't be happy camper.
                        I will check to see how will cast changes reflect on the show. I hope for the best, but noone can be certain of what is to come from all these changes.
                        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                          Yes.

They need to ease up on the cast changes, though.
                          not as much ease up on them but handle them with some tact and grace....not deliver them with a back hoe and a sledge hammer
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If the writers were competent enough to handle all these grand changes they're making, it'd be less of a problem, but IMO they're already frakking up the show to a ridiculous degree, so piling on all these random changes- which they ALSO can't handle- is just going to make a bad situation worse.
                            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 11 December 2006, 05:24 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                              Yes... but if they make more Lucius eps i' won't be happy camper.
                              I will check to see how will cast changes reflect on the show. I hope for the best, but noone can be certain of what is to come from all these changes.
                              I think if they do that again, people should just bombard scifi's email until it collapses under the volume. then they might get a hint.

Comment

A big frellin' hell yeah!!

I love Atlantis.

Though I have to admit having Carter over doesn't really make me a happy camper. Just glad it's not Daniel.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X