Irresponsible (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
    Yes it has. First episode with this retard Lucius.
    He never drugged anyone, and they did give consent.

Comment

Oh and i just had an sleep induced idee:

How to bring back Koyla, or how to salvage this flat mess of epsiode.

Have the wraith raid that stupid planet soon, very soon. Wihile feeding on Lucius, they discover from his knowledge about Koyla and feed him live force. Bringing him back from the dead to act as theyr arm against atlantis and the genii. While they sit in the background and pull the strings.

And if someone from the writing crew reads this, i DO grant you permission to pitch the idea or flat out use it. For free.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
        Glad to see they still think rape is no big deal.

Worthless piece of crap is what I call this poor excuse called Atlantis.

Have to admit when I saw that episode that never crossed my mind. Not till I read some of the threads here.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis View Post

And if someone from the writing crew reads this, i DO grant you permission to pitch the idea or flat out use it. For free.
          It's more likely to happen if they don't read this, there's no way they'd write a plot that a fan had suggested...

Comment

Can we just once please, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on top...

HAVE ONE SINGLE EPISODE THAT IS NOT WRITTEN AROUND A PIECE OF ******* TECHNOLOGY!

Other than that observation (which is becomeing such a frequent occurance now it's transcended merely laughable) I can't even really get worked up about how much this thing sucked because it was the TV equivalent of a warm soda. Boring, flat, past it's prime and leaves you with a slight feeling of indigestion. A rather apt metaphor for the current state Stargate franchise as well I'd say, a piss warm soda that's been sitting on the table overnight going flat.

So the ultimate point of this episode was what, to give Robert Davi an opportunity to jump off the sinking ship taking one of the few interesting characters with him?

I love the little wild west bit at the end to. I mean if there's one thing this show needs more of it's definately heroes from Urth wank. Why didn't you meandering hacks just have the pretty boy airforce pilot beat up the veteran commando?

Forget about better characterization, forget about characters maybe remembering that they'd be brutally tortured by each other recently, forget about showing any emotion other than juvenile snark attempting to pass for humour, forget about genuine human emotion entirely. It's all about the jokes, the never ending loathsome river of ****ty juvenile sarcastic jokes. That's all you need to write a good episode right.

I know next week lets just have Sheppard lift a car and throw it at some "evil badguys". Maybe we can even play a bowling ball sound like they do in the cartoons when the car hits them, hey wouldn't that be awesome guys. Oh but what lameass one liner shall he spout off before he throws it, what about after... oh man this job is so hard.

I'm calling cancelled before season 5.

Comment

I liked it
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

How long do you think it would have taken for Rodney to spoon-dig his way out the cell?

I was interested at how Beckett was talking to Kolya, because they'd never met before that point.

Comment

I watched it. What to say?? After waisting a whole hour of my life with Irresponsible I was feeling very VERY bad. Actually my first feeling was that I want to go to the bathroom and vomit.

I wonder what M&M the autors of this "masterpiece" think the fans of SGA are?? Idiots? Weak-minded?
                  Lucius was EATING with activated shield device. And as I remebered in Hide and Seek McKay wasn't able even to touch the device or anyone to touch him.
                  The whole episode was full with HUGE plot holes. And the villiage - oh, God have someone ever seen someting more insipid??? Why don't they put the episode in Barby's house - that would be MUCH BETTER! I wondered in one moment what I am watching - SGA or some soup opera???

To see Lucius again...was devastating. I thought Irresistable was the worst episode I have ever seen but now I know that Irresponsible is MUCH WORSE. Total crap! Waste of company's money and TV and fan' time.
                  I read the explanation of Ken Cuperus - the amazingly good idea of M&M was lost somewhere between the script and the TV. Ooooo, please! We saw a total LIME. How is possible the other writers to succeed to express their ideas witout loosing the idea? The truth is M&M ARE NOT GOOD WRITERS! They don't have any new ideas, every of their episode is full with cliches, stupid jokes and unapproprate for SCi FI plots.

I also read that M&M will be the producers of Season 4. OMG!!!! Now I know what we have to expect. Season 4 will be dedicated to Lucius and his relatives, his children, stories how he was raping women, and etc. In short after I watched Irresponsible I now what is coming in the future of SGA - a chain of crap episodes and END of SGA.

I will not be here to watch it. I suppose only the most persistant and masohist fans will be able to see Season 4.
                  LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                  Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                  http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                  My fan fiction

Comment

no one could have put that better, female Wraith!! Kudos to you.

I was just thinking again...maybe they got the character interaction mixed up. It was Carson shooting the intense expressions at Kolya...*scratches head*

Comment

LOL. Thank you. I expressed my annoyance. The balance of charcters action was missing or may be it was lost somewhere between TVset and me
                      Last edited by female Wraith; 06 December 2006, 01:44 AM.
                      LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                      Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                      http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                      My fan fiction

Comment

I know stacks of people have said how much they hated this episode, but I enjoyed it. Had me chuckling quite a bit, especially when lucious was suggesting ways that john could make his entrance.

pretty reasonable episode!
                        My favs:

Comment

WORST.EPISODE.EVER

Ken, thnx for posting, script might have been funny, but using Lucius as plot device to kill Kolya is worst idea ever. Kolya was one of best written enemies in SGA, he had charisma and every single episode he was in (untill now) had tension and real drama... and killing him off in episode that has so called funny () Lucius is simply wrong. Lucius is most annoying character of all Stargate shows and... damn... i don't have words for that.

There are plotholes everywhere, inconsistencies, annoyance....

They should have killed that moronic Lucius.. but even that wouldn't save this nightmare....

I hope this stupid and annoying character is NEVER AGAIN used in this show.
                          Please, if you read this, tell the crew to write off this emderessment of character and forget him... cause we can't forget that he was part of WORST ep of SGA.

God... i read spoilers and i knew it was bad, but i watched.. hoping it might not be that bad... it was WORSE then i even feared.

LUCIUS

PLEASE!!!!!

EDIT :: and more kudos to female Wraith. i had to write what i feel before looking at all posts. i couldn't agree with you more. GREAT post.
                          Last edited by silence; 06 December 2006, 01:03 AM.
                          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by raiyen View Post
                            and Martin Gero, and Carl Binder. From the con reports, JF mentioned that he moved his family back to California. Does he know something about season 4 that we don't? He obviously knew ahead of time that Brad and Robert was going to pass the show to Mullie & Mallozi.
                            yeah...i was thinking about that too...I am trying to link info I've gathered so far...and it's starting to make sense...first...JF moved his family back to California (first I thought because they got a new baby...with three boys and hectic schedule....it becomes very handy)...but then I read on GW ...Martin Gero said that season 4 will be the season finale....and then BW and RCC are not going to stay...considering JF is quite close to BW (from the comment and interview I read)...yeah definitely something happend!!! Oh...no!!!

Comment

Just a few of things I don't think have been mentioned:

- At the end, when Kolya is about to shoot Rodney, I noticed that Rodney is the only one with his hands tied in front of him. Teyla, Ronon and Beckett all have their hands behind them. What's with that?

- In the jail cell, Beckett had some brave dialog there. It was nice, but seemed kinda out of character. Is this a new facet of Beckett that will carry through to future episodes? Somebody did have to say those words, and I guess Carson was the best character there to do so. They were actually kind of Sheppard-y words.

- When Koyla made that crack about the food and Rodney panicked and grabbed his throat, I liked how Carson turned to him to check on him. It was just a little move, but so in character.

- While Carson is talking to Kolya telling him Sheppard is at the Stargate contacting Atlantis, in one cut he's standing at one angle and in the next cut he's standing at another angle. Carson was nicely framed in between the bars, but then he took a step forward when he was talking, then in a cut to a different angle, he's back nicely framed again. I wouldn't have noticed, but the framed shot was so nice, when he took the step forward, I thought that would have brought Carson out of the nice frame. But look, it didn't. I know that stuff happens all the time, but I very rarely notice and that's why I mentioned it.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                He never drugged anyone, and they did give consent.
                                In the first episode, Irresistible, all the plot was based on the drug he used to forced people to please him.

It doesn't matter if they didn't drink or eat something with the herb, their thoughts and behaviors were influenced by something else. The woman in the village clearly said she refused many times to sleep with him, only marrying him after she was drugged.

She said she didn't give consent. He drugged her to have her. To push her to say yes when she didn't want to. It only has one name.

The two episodes with Lucius could have been good. Irresistible has some moments funny, if he didn't use the drug to sleep with all the women, if he only used it to have peoples work for him. Irresponsable was boring, and could be okay, a little, if they didn't use Kolya, and if they didn't kill him in this episode. Kolya deserved a episode just for it, one where him and John fight to death, for example, but not like an afterthought in a episode only made to please an actor.

That he payed people to look good, that he used some Genii to do it, see what happened to them now there is all the stuff with Cowen, Ladon and Kolya without seeing them, it could have been okay.

But killing Kolya in this episode was a bad idea.

TEAM LOVE

Comment

Working...
                                X