No announcement yet.

McKay and Mrs. Miller (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing I was going to mention was that SG-1 and Atlantis tonight both relied on silly, childish type humor. Ronan and Teyla cracking up: "you had underwear on your head!" What is this, Boy Meets World?
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Yes, there was way too much technobabble in this episode.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
        The only real problem I had with it was the insane amount of technobabble in this story. I mean, look at how much more elegantly Doctor Who sold a similar concept without bogging it down in all this complex sci-talk.
        Ok, I don't watch Dr. Who as regularly as I watch Stargate but I liked the amount of technobabble on the show. They do try to make it vague enough but self-consistent that I think (and maybe just wishfully hope) that it make regular people be more interested in physics. I give it my seal of approval as a physics grad student.
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

{Mod Snip} what the hell are we going to resort to now? We
          Spoiler:
          lost the frickin ZPM.
          No
          Spoiler:
          shield, no cloak, drones
          are useless. The only way we're going to be able to do anything now is by
          Spoiler:
          hooking up like 200 naquadah generators.
          We need to find one or more
          Spoiler:
          ZPM's
          in the next episode.
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 08 September 2006, 10:18 PM.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

I really liked McKay's/David's sister too. She's a great actress and her portrayel of the character was spot on. I almost wish she were a regular cast member. Though story-wise it probably couldn't work out seeing as how she has a family and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
              Wow! Fantastic episode.

The first half had me laughing nonstop, and the backhalf was absolutely touching. Brilliant work. I loved Mckay's turnaround in the end, and having Shepphard show Jeannie the video from "Letters from Pegasus" was an appropriate and very heartwarming touch. The last few moments of the episode set my heart aflutter - the team interaction that's now so established in SG-1, the chemistry that made us all fall in love with the franchise, is now truly beginning to be reflected in full swing on Atlantis.

Perfect episode, 10/10!

GATEWORLD SCALE: ***1/2
              I really enjoyed that little segment where Shep shows Jeannie the videotape Rodney made, which obviously never made it back to Earth... very nice. And good team interaction.

Somehow, I never took SHeppard for someone who would play golf!

And what the heck are they going to do with NO ZPM!?

Let's see, what else, off the top of my head...

...Just the sibling interaction, or rather, lack of it, or well, the adversarial aspect of it. Very well done.
              ...That everybody seemed to like the parallel universe Rodney sooo much better, but then in the end, Rodney discovers they didn't like him as much as it seemed...
              ...Jeannie's reaction to the fact that her brother has been working for the government, the look on her face with Hermoid (priceless!)
              Last edited by prion; 08 September 2006, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Great ep! I was glad the team reconciled at the end, plus Rodney huggage! Only thing missing personally was some McWeir (though the 'two McKays are better than one' part was close!)

Loved the Meredith part! As I mentioned on the Live thread, I knew that Meredith was a guys name in the past, like Ashley, that is now predominately a girl's name. Still, I can imagine how much teasing he went through in school, since teachers always use real names before asking for the prefered appellate, but by then the damage would have been done.

I hated seeing the real!Rodney emotional whumpage, but looking back it wasn't actually too bad. You had the scenes with alt!Rodney, Jeannie, and the team, and the Sheppard-Alt!Rodney golfing, but you also had Sheppard couselling real!Rodney on Jeannie, Sheppard showing Jeannie the Letters from Pegasus message, and the team bonding scene at the end.

Was also glad that the ZedPM was depleted. It's a cause for more danger and can easily set up Atlantis getting cut off from Earth again when SG-1 ends. (Dedalus gets sent to fight the Ori, and the Gate road thing is destroyed and wham, no more contact) Though now Rodney actually has someone on earth to keep in contact with, so that would be bad.

All in all a 9.8/10, with .2 off for no Carson and very little Elizabeth.
                *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
                *~*
                sigpic
                *~*
                photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Fantastic episode. Very solid.
                  It had everything. It had humor, it had serious, it had character development, it had TEAM. Great ep.

Some standout parts (just off the cuff)
                  Merideth - ROFLMAO
                  Rod Mckay and Ronan are going to SPAR... nice handshake.
                  The Letters from Pegasus video (for a bit I thought they forgot about it)
                  The team at the end trying to make Mckay feel better.

The other Universe has 2 ZPMs. Would be nice if they came and helped us out in some ep in the future.. could be cool.

I was suprised they completely depleted the ZPM... I was thinking they would leave 5-10% but I guess its not needed now that they will have the stargate version of "jump gates" and now that the Chair can be run by naquida generators.

Great ep, two thumbs up.
                  Atlantis proves it still rocks and will reward scifi for renewal.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Deal like they did before....Honestly...I would have said Oh well other universe..bye bye

Comment

Well, I'm no genius and I've certainly never met an AU double, but Rodney's paranoia about not being liked and walking in on others having a good time and fearing he was being deliberately left out and whatnot struck very close to home for me.

I watched the ep despite my deep reservations about it and I'm glad I did. I think the fact that I'm only spot-watching now makes the whole Rodney-centric stuff easier to stomach. Good stuff, IMO. Good compare/contrast between Rodney and Rod, and although I understand why it was set up the way it was I wish we could have seen some of the "annoying" side of Rod because the team's complaints about him sounded very fabricated. I know that's probably the point, but it'd have been nice to know that Rod wasn't perfect, either.

I was very disappointed in the "...and our Ronon" because I'm a Ford fan and I want him to still be a part of the team SOMEWHERE. Would have been a nice nod to the fans... and to Rainbow.

The set-up was a bit dodgy, but they made it work for 'em. More or less.

Interesting that the ZPM is depleted. Wonder how long that'll last.

Comment

"She's Married and she's my sister." I thought that was hilarious and then the Kirk thing to cap it off Oh my god! Over all very good ep 8/10.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                          Deal like they did before....Honestly...I would have said Oh well other universe..bye bye
                          That's what I would have said too. But we did kind of cause the problem.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

This episode was so frustrating it's unbelievable - that the story disposed of the zpm in such a way........and it started out so good too I'm just so SO disappointed ............

stealing zpm's from the asurans better be a major objective now

Comment

Tonight was an okay episode. I liked the character moments between Rodney and his sister.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                              Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                                This episode was so frustrating it's unbelievable - that the story disposed of the zpm in such a way........and it started out so good too I'm just so SO disappointed ............
                                That's exactly how I feel. Everything was fine until they decided to bring the
                                Spoiler:
                                ZPM
                                into the whole matter.

Best Stargate quote:
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X