McKay and Mrs. Miller (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    It is indeed a sig by PurpleYin, and it's over here.
    Thanks TOF...Good thing my photographic memory comes into good use, I wasn't really sure. I had to give you a green for the confirmation and definitely Purpleyin a green for thinking outside the box and coming up with wicked sig...and having her idea sort of come to life on screen...!!

Originally posted by expendable_crewman
    OK, so no ZPM ...

Your brother beams you onto a battlecruiser in geosynchronous orbit around the Earth, and, yeah, you got to check out the next galaxy. Important project and all. And you get to work out that whole sibling issue thing while doing cool physics stuff.

Almost as good as brother and sister looking out the window at Earth while discussing saving the universe was the Sam/Rodney interaction.

I must admit I did not call the ending. When I saw Sheppard with a gold club, I thought we were going to find out we were watching the alternate universe.

I am in mourning for the ZPM. Atlantis took losing the ZPM better than I did.
    No worries...by some chance they'll get a new one.
    Spoiler:
    Most likely, when the Asurans coming in TR1-2, I'm sure they'll be accompanied by a few zpms,and things will be all nice and dandy!!
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Funny you should mention that because I had a total DW moment when Jeannie met Shep. His whole greeting to her and McKay's reaction... LOL! I expected him to say, "For you, saying hello IS flirting!"

edit: Oh, I do wish they'd avoided the golf thing, though. Too WOO.
      Me too!!
      Spoiler:
      Before you met me I was a fairy princess
      I caught frogs and called them prince
      And made myself a queen
      Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
      I slept in castles and fell in love
      Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
      To capture tinkerbell
      They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
      But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
      And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
      And anything I can to get by
      And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
        Yet again, Atlantis is outclassing SG-1 this season.
        I've noticed that too. For the last 2 seasons SG-1 has had the better overall story arch that runs through most of the episode, but comparing night-to-night, about 75% of the time Atlantis has the better episode, even without the underlying story arch.

As for this episode, I thought I was quite good, great setup for 'The Return'. I especially like the shot were they turned to see how much power was left in the zpm and the monitor said "00" then the lights went out.

McKay and Mrs Miller gets "***/****"
        O'Neill: They didn't go for it.
        Carter: They didn't approve the mission?
        O'Neill: Oh, no they did that. Once they knew the stakes and the whole fate of the universe stuff. Both the President and Hammond realized we had no choice. He sends good luck, godspeed, all those things he says when he thinks we're gonna die.
        Carter: So what didn't they go for?
        O'Neill: The name I suggested.
        Carter: For the ship?
        O'Neill: Yeah.
        Carter: Yeah. Sir, we can't call it the 'Enterprise'.
        O'Neill: Why Not?!
        -Unnatural Selection

Comment

We have the same doll house as Jeannie has for her daughter!!!!!! kinda creepy...
          Spoiler:
          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
          I caught frogs and called them prince
          And made myself a queen
          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
          I slept in castles and fell in love
          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
          To capture tinkerbell
          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
          And anything I can to get by
          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Well, I liked the episode. But, I have to wonder if it was intentional on the part of the other Rodney, to completely deplete the Zero Point Module.

Comment

What I don't understand is that if the bridge collapsed before Rod had "crossed over" how did he manage to do it at all?

Comment

I really liked this episode..!

I would not at all mind if they brought McKay's sister back some time. I could see the 'Hewlittisms' in there alright..! It was also nice to have a small cross over with Sam! It was also very cool to see a 'cool' Rodney. Overall, I've got to give this episode an A+..!

^ (Shadowmaat) It was beginning to collapse, but it hadn't actually finished doing so yet. That was how he 'might' have been able to complete the trip back.
                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                  Well, I liked the episode. But, I have to wonder if it was intentional on the part of the other Rodney, to completely deplete the Zero Point Module.
                  well rod did say that his reality had two zpm's
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Rewatching it now, and I have to add that the music in the beginning when Jeannie was fingerpainting was spot on.

Thumbs up from me for more Jeannie!

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                      ^ (Shadowmaat) It was beginning to collapse, but it hadn't actually finished doing so yet. That was how he 'might' have been able to complete the trip back.
                      Are you sure? Because I thought Jeannie said, "The bridge has collapsed! We've done it! Shut off the ZPM!" and McKay told them not to because Rod wasn't "there" yet.

Also, did anyone pick up on the fact that AU Team Atlantis was perfectly willing to destroy "our" universe to save their own? I wonder if "our" team would have done the same thing if the situation had been reversed.

Methinks they would have.

Comment

What to say? What... to... say... Oh, right.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP! This was such a great episode! It is probably one of the best episodes I have ever seen. I loved seeing all these sides of Rodney--everything from AR coolness to our Rodney's lack of self-confidence. Poor Rodney.

And oh, God, the kid hugged him! lol "Uh... hello, little one." ROTFLMAO. But... the best part has got to be--"Your name is... Meredith?"

His name is Meredith Rodney McKay!? That is just too beautiful.

I can't keep my thoughts straight... I'm rewatching it now and it's sort of hard to concentrate. But this is such a good episode and I am so happy I taped it. I'll be watching this a million times... then I'll come back.

Yay! Two Rodneys, two Hewletts... it just doesn't get any better.

lol

Meredith...
                        thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Thumbs up from me for more Jeannie!
                          Here here! I really loved the relationship between her and Mckay. Good call getting David's sister.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Great ep. Loved David's and Katie's performance in the show. TPTB better bring her back, somehow.

Originally posted by expendable_crewman

Your brother beams you onto a battlecruiser in geosynchronous orbit around the Earth, and, yeah, you got to check out the next galaxy. Important project and all. And you get to work out that whole sibling issue thing while doing cool physics stuff..
                            I wish my brother had a cool job like McKay. I would go, wouldn't everyone?

Spoiler:
                            Can't wait to see the movie David made with Katie. I hope it comes out soon. I will definitely watch it now after see them act together.
                            "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

Meredith?! *falls down laughing*

I liked that Ronon got to be funny with the whole underwear on the head thing and awww the team told them that "Rod" was creepy and they prefer him, how sweet.

Damn, that sucks about the ZPM though.

Was anyone able to access the SCIFI site? I can't get it the password part to load! Urgh! I didn't want them to spoil me while I was watching the ep so I waited until it was over and now I can't see it!! AHHHH!!! SCIFI sucks!!

Comment

To be blunt and petulant here before I put this behind me... this episode sucked, sucked, sucked. Much of its humor was cringe-worthy and the opposite of clever, the writers treated their own creations with utter contempt, and I wish I could erase the experience of watching this from my mind.

Now I shall go to bed secure with the knowledge that this is just a TV show and that by Sunday, I'll already be getting anxious waiting for next Friday to come.
                                Theoretically spoilerish:
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X