McKay and Mrs. Miller (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backlash
    Am I the only one sick of the whole "no ZPM" thing? You'd think the Ancients would have directions on how to build them in their database.

Other than that, I liked this episode.
    Been over that a billion times on these boards.

Just 'cause you have the blueprints, doesn't mean you can build the plane.

Comment

Nice episode. I thought Kate Hewlett did an excellent job and hope they can fit her back in sometime.

It was neat for me to see Rodney realize some of his faults by watching Rod interact with the rest of his team. Who knows if he will change at all or if I even want him to. I like the Rodney of this universe.

There was lots of Shep/McKay interaction. Really loved how Shep was looking out for Rodney by showing the old video to Jeannie. He seemed to want her to know how much Rodney did care for her and how family is important to him. Rodney may not be able to show feelings very well, but he has them and they run deep. The end was nice when the team made Rodney feel comfortable and wanted in their group. He seemed to be a bit emotionally whumped throughout much of the episode.

I am so glad that we are seeing some downtime and group interaction in non stressful situations. This season, IMO, has done a great job in building the bond between characters and, I believe, between the audience and the characters. At least for me, I feel more connected to them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
        "She's Married and she's my sister." I thought that was hilarious and then the Kirk thing to cap it off Oh my god! Over all very good ep 8/10.
        Forgot about that. Yes I LMAO at that one too.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Did anyone find the Kirk comment to Shepherd from Rodney hilarious? It seems like a nod to the fans from the writers, who had made Kirking complaints on the forums.

For all of the people complaining about the loss of the ZPM. It's a good thing. It makes it necessary for the team to find more ZPMs in the future. They'll find more, i promise. They have to. Plus would the show be interesting anymore if everything were absolutely perfect? I mean if we had all the ZPMs we could want. We could make Atlantis fly and be a fully functional battle station, where would be the story in that? The Wraith would be no threat. We could go mop the floor with the Ori and Stargate would be as dull as Eureka is.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Now that Atlantis has no ZPM, how long do you think it will be untl they find another one?

Comment

I enjoyed this episode except for one plothole. Whatever happened to the fact that a universe can't have two of the same person because of shifting or something. It happened on SG-1 with Sam.

Otherwise fun episode. I loved his sister, did a great job "acting" when she hasn't in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                I enjoyed this episode except for one plothole. Whatever happened to the fact that a universe can't have two of the same person because of shifting or something. It happened on SG-1 with Sam.

Otherwise fun episode. I loved his sister, did a great job "acting" when she hasn't in the past.
                The entropic cascade failure doesn't begin for several days.
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Well I loved this ep. I knew I was going to be biased from the moment that I learned this was going to be a Rodney ep, but I was even happier to see that it was well written, we got some backstory (and saw some characters doing off-time things), and the plot kept me interested. Definitely won out over the SG1 ep tonight, and one of the best eps of the season so far.

-"Rod" was great fun, and I had a feeling that he would be the "cool" one and hit it off with everyone, leaving poor Rodney behind (actually, this whole ep is VERY similar to a fanfic written by PY a year or two ago...). DH put in just enough acting differences to recognize Rod as Rodney, yet not Rodney.

-alt!Shep was the arrogant jerk in that universe, heh.

-I was worried that the Rodney/Sam scenes were going to be focused on his crush on her and him acting awkward/dumb, but it appears that the writers may have finally moved beyond that. Bravo.

-Yeah I thunk, and I thought that the scene where Rodney was at Jeannie's door with flowers and said this awkward-yet-smiling "hi" was the cutest thing ever.

-Most of the Rodney/Jeannie scenes worked great, though there were a few that didn't work as well for me. The whole "I wanna push the button" thing comes to mind.

-The Merideth quip kinda came out of nowhere and after I heard it I knew it was going to be used just so the team could tease Rodney. Numerous times. (Yeah, I thought it was overused.) Didn't care for Ronon's underwear comment either. It's funny for Rodney to be the butt of the joke every now and then, but recently it seems like the writers go to him every time, which diminishes the character, IMO.

-Shep plays golf, heh (and JF has a great swing!). And I dunno, he was cleaning those golf clubs awfully...vigorously...

-Weir had a couple of scenes, Ronon and Teyla were limited to a couple of lines, and Carson was nonexistant. I knew this was going to be a McKay-heavy ep and I'm thrilled with that, considering he's the only character that really keeps me around nowadays, but I wish this ep would have been more like Sateda - screentime for the focused character (Rodney/Ronon), yet also reasonable screentime for everyone else too.

-"Two McKays are better than one" hmmm?

-Bwa, he stole the statue off of Elizabeth's desk.

Comment

This was forgotten in "Ripple Effect" too btw.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Great episode!
                      --Very, very cool the way Jeannie had her brainstorm all of a sudden while watching the little train go over the bridge. Really a nice way to introduce her character's genius, especially when there were all of those pages with finger paint on them hung up all over the room. I just thought that that was an original way to present this character.
                      --Of course, the brother/sister interaction was wonderful. I really got a sense of Rodney (excuse me, Meredith) and Jeannie going through a transformation. There did seem to be an emotional arc that these two went through that culminated with the very touching scene at the end, which had me tearing up and wanting to call MY genius brother!
                      --How was this episode accomplished technically? I mean, Rodney actually appeared to shake hands with himself! I kind of reminded me of those hysterical MST3K lines from that horrid movie where the time traveler meets up with himself: "Thank me!" "I'm welcome!"
                      --Interesting that Sheppard gets up early to hit some balls around.
                      --Also interesting the Other Rodney's description of his team and how, warts and all, they are his team and he wants to return to them.
                      --Clever writing: McKay: "I destroyed a universe." Jeannie: "Rodney!!" McKay: "It was uninhabited!"
                      --Rodney's insecurities are so apparent in this episode. Sometimes it is hard to see through his arrogance, but in this episode so much of his personality is laid out there that I really felt kind of sorry for the guy. And also I wonder how his sister grew up to be so completely unlike him.
                      --I guess their dad is dead. Wonder what Mom's up to?
                      --This season is really crazy good!

The Sparkster

Comment

I had asked that same question and someone reminded me that they said it didnt happen in Ripple effect because of the proximities of the two AU. So I guess that is the same here. The AU were close enough together that the ECF didnt occur. I would have liked them to have acknowledge it as a potential problem though.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Alrighty...had to start saving my spot, cause I always have tons to say, and I hate ending up on page seven....What did I think of this ep...it was great. Was it wonderful? No. Was it comparable at all to the other great eps of this season? Nah...I don't think anything could be Progeny or SATEDA...really.

But I give this a:
                          8 out of 10!!

I want to make one comment. Who here remembers a sig by I think a McWeir...and it had alternative universe pics of the cast? It had Teyla as leader of Atlantis. John as a Dr., taking the place of Rodney. Rodney as a military man, and of course Weir as an Athosian?! I think it was PurpleYin's sig. Whoever it was, had it for a long bloody while!! When viewing this ep, it reminded me of that banner sig! Rodney is more like John and John ismore like Rodney and who else is the same or not. So that's a cool take on things and I liked it. I think the writers were checking out that person's sig and got the idea...not that it's very original, just cool to see.

Okay let's start with the ones who didn't get much love in the eps, shall we?!
                          I'll start with the people who really got no play cause there's not much to say.

Got his moments, liked his personality. I mean it was John, not much to say. I liked his reaction to when he found out he was part of Mensa and a geek pretty much and acts a lot like McKay---he's a nerd/geek!! So that's interesting, I guess, I just got a kick.

All I got was she spent a lot of time laughing and sitting next to John, and across from Ronon----I got the impression everyone ate a lot. Did I love the ending...?! Of course I did. I thought it was cool and funny, and definitely great best friend vibe and cool companions.
                          Teyla has a crush on one of the new marines!!
                          I do not! *kick*
                          It was a cool scene, and sadly gave us more Teyla than CG did...come on TPTB...get it together, Teyla rocks!!

He barely talked...just sat there and looked good. I guess that's a good purpose, but he never changed his chair...but his comment to Rodney was comical..about the underwear thing. Cute...

What to say? Not much on her man...she was just there. She was in a couple of scenes. I did notice when they were looking down at McKay copy, that she's significantly shorter than John. Never noticed before. That's pretty much all I got. I didn't hear much from her, that I can point something out.
                          -----------------------------------------------

The main players!!!

:: Okay now, for all the Zelenka fans, and he's my fave right after Rodney we got our ep, ya'll!! Woohoo!! It's great to see more of Radek and he was great, I even thought he sort of got a crush on Jeannie, just because she gave him some credit. Was it me or didn't he look like a tampon in that costume as they were building the device?! Okay maybe it was just me!!

Jeannie: Can I say a bloody great character?! I mean she really was great. I would love to see more of her. It's awful of me, but I was hoping they could wraith her husband and have her and her daughter come on board. Her interaction with Rodney was fantastic. Shoot, I'd lover her as a regular and just to have more interactions and it would be cool to see if her daughter was as much of a genius. I think the writers did a fantastic job and should make her a regular guest star, if not a regular...especially with McKay.

Well what can I say...it's McKay. By my sig you know who's my main cat. I thought McKay was great. i thought DH did a fantastic job and really knows how to play of his sister and vice versa. I give it far more credit than GUP (considering it's another McKay ep) mainly because we got to see the team. We got to see how he feels in the team, I liked the added dynamic of his double and then also his relation with his sister. It wasn't a boring ep for an ep that is McKay centric. It kept you interested and added and element to the McKay the character. We definitely got the inner feelings of the character besides teh shallow service, sort of like the ending of Trinity.

It's good to see things like that and when they play with the characters like that. It's like how Sateda worked out for both John and Ronon, that tingling inner working that we probably dont' always see, and I appreciated that the writers gave me that. I'd like more for the ladies... I only have two episodes for Teyla to memory but one for Weir. So it would be good to see more of this and with a little bit of plot and story added like in this one. It definitely was a team episode and the connection was there. It was a really good episode and I give it very high marks...saving McKay from the GUP disaster!! <---My personal taste!!

8 out of 10!!
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                            Wow.

No more ZPM.
                            Sorry, but I didn’t watch this episode yet, but I am just curious, what the hell happened to the ZPM ?

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_the_Atlantean
                              Sorry, but I didn’t watch this episode yet, but I am just curious, what the hell happened to the ZPM ?
                              We drained it, now were without one...yet again.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                                We drained it, now were without one...yet again.
                                How???

Comment

Working...
                                X