McKay and Mrs. Miller (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMForeman
    I mean, look at how much more elegantly Doctor Who sold a similar concept without bogging it down in all this complex sci-talk.
    Funny you should mention that because I had a total DW moment when Jeannie met Shep. His whole greeting to her and McKay's reaction... LOL! I expected him to say, "For you, saying hello IS flirting!"

edit: Oh, I do wish they'd avoided the golf thing, though. Too WOO.

Comment

Loved this episode, but the Rodney + Rodney reminded me of the "Dimension Jump" episode of Red Dwarf with Rimmer & Rimmer, if that's not too obscure.

Comment

I loved the first half, and really enjoyed the scenes with Carter and McKay. It seemed to slow down a bit when the 2nd Rodney got "stuck".

The cafeteria scenes bothered me, with Rodney walking in on groups laughing at him behind his back. That just seemed rather mean-spirited to me, and it really hit home when my 14 year old said, "That's just mean." Plus those cafeteria scenes looked like they had all been filmed in the same day with just lighting changed in the background, and no one even getting up from their seats between filming. They could have at least changed tables, and Rachel was the only one who didn't seem to be forcing her laugh.

I really enjoyed Kate Hewlett and I hope they figure a way to bring her back. Loved the scenes of Rodney struggling to admit he cared for her. "Wuvs" him.

Glad that the ZPM is finally dead. Makes life much more interesting now!

Good to see Zelenka but is Beckett still on this show???

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Funny you should mention that because I had a total DW moment when Jeannie met Shep. His whole greeting to her and McKay's reaction... LOL! I expected him to say, "For you, saying hello IS flirting!"

They probably should have had him surfing.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Hahah great Episode!! The best part was McKay calling Sheppard Kirk!! Hahahhaahahahahhhahahahahhaaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
              This was forgotten in "Ripple Effect" too btw.
              Actually, it wasn't. It was mentioned that the proximity of the universes caused a lack of ECF.
              Originally posted by ShadowMaat

I almost expected the shot to go into the gate. They should have connected to a Milky Way gate and then they'd've beaten Jack's record
              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
              -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                The cafeteria scenes bothered me, with Rodney walking in on groups laughing at him behind his back. That just seemed rather mean-spirited to me, and it really hit home when my 14 year old said, "That's just mean."
                Yeah, seemed a bit mean-spirited and hurtful to me, but then I was always an outsider in school so like I said earlier- that stuff hit a little too close to home.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  Good to see Zelenka but is Beckett still on this show???
                  ^^See^^

Yeah, his lack of screentime disturbs me as well.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                    I want to make one comment. Who here remembers a sig by I think a McWeir...and it had alternative universe pics of the cast? It had Teyla as leader of Atlantis. John as a Dr., taking the place of Rodney. Rodney as a military man, and of course Weir as an Athosian?! I think it was PurpleYin's sig.
                    It is indeed a sig by PurpleYin, and it's over here.

Comment

Very good episode IMO. I love how we're seeing more personal moments between the team members finally.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                        Wow.

No more ZPM.
                        I couldn't say it better even if I tried. I didn't see the whole episode, but I did catch the end. I guess they are going to have to go back to a Naquida generator system for power.

Comment

OK, so no ZPM ...

Your brother beams you onto a battlecruiser in geosynchronous orbit around the Earth, and, yeah, you got to check out the next galaxy. Important project and all. And you get to work out that whole sibling issue thing while doing cool physics stuff.

Almost as good as brother and sister looking out the window at Earth while discussing saving the universe was the Sam/Rodney interaction.

I must admit I did not call the ending. When I saw Sheppard with a gold club, I thought we were going to find out we were watching the alternate universe.

I am in mourning for the ZPM. Atlantis took losing the ZPM better than I did.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                            OMFG, what the hell are we going to resort to now? We
                            Spoiler:
                            lost the frickin ZPM.
                            No
                            Spoiler:
                            shield, no cloak, drones
                            are useless. The only way we're going to be able to do anything now is by
                            Spoiler:
                            hooking up like 200 naquadah generators.
                            We need to find one or more
                            Spoiler:
                            ZPM's
                            in the next episode.

Yes, yes! I forgot to mention in my earlier post just how...well...great it is that the ZPM is depleted because that opens up a huge number of interesting plot possibilities. I really wasn't all that keen on their being able to skip off to Earth just about anytime. Part of the general dramatic tension of the show in its first season was its inability to get back home again and having to come to regard Atlantis as "home," and thus worth defending. So, okay, now there is no available quick connection with Earth and that can't be good. Which, actually, is very good indeed!

Comment

Okay, several things, I'm tired of TPTB taking things from us. The ZPM was proven it isn't a deus ex machina, if the Wraith showed up, it'd only be a few days before the ZPM was depleted anyways. That hive ship was heavily damaged, therefore, not a Deus ex Machina. The Orion, perhaps the only Deus ex machina, but she showed us how powerful ancient warships were. So, to TPTB, after reading spoilers for a certain upcoming episode in the second half of the season, will you please give us a power source.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky13
                                Yes, yes! I forgot to mention in my earlier post just how...well...great it is that the ZPM is depleted because that opens up a huge number of interesting plot possibilities. I really wasn't all that keen on their being able to skip off to Earth just about anytime. Part of the general dramatic tension of the show in its first season was its inability to get back home again and having to come to regard Atlantis as "home," and thus worth defending. So, okay, now there is no available quick connection with Earth and that can't be good. Which, actually, is very good indeed!
                                May I remind you that unless we resorted to stealing ZPMs, Earth's basically screwed if the Wraith determine that indeed Atlantis hasn't been destroyed.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X