This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by npattis
    Nope, comparing stupidity to intelligence.
    Is this thread still dragging on???

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      That's your opinion and that's obviously what TPTB want us to think, but I see very little about Shep that's mature or funny and I'd say he's more tolerable than likeable. Or he was tolerable before S2 decimated his character for me.

Maybe if someone would cut off his "downstairs brain" he might remember to use the upstairs one once in a while.
      I see your point. SG-1 and Atlantis are my Action/ Adventure shows and BSG is my Drama show. So it does't realy bother me that Shep is running round with his Mini Me directing him.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        Is this thread still dragging on???
        If you have a problem, you don't have to come in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
          Seems to me alot of time is spent downing Sheppard. If it wasn't for this character I would not have bought into the whole Stargate: Atlantis thing. I like him. I do cring sometimes at the writing but if he were to be demoted or his time on the show decreased I would totally give up watching the show.

I sometimes wonder if the people who have the most problems with him are actually jealous of the character and wish they were him.

Saying I'd be jealous of this guy would be like saying I'm jealous of a guy with 40 IQ.

Comment

Seems to me alot of time is spent downing Sheppard. If it wasn't for this character I would not have bought into the whole Stargate: Atlantis thing. I like him. I do cring sometimes at the writing but if he were to be demoted or his time on the show decreased I would totally give up watching the show.

I sometimes wonder if the people who have the most problems with him are actually jealous of the character and wish they were him.
            Well said!
            I agree with Prion. Is this thread still meandering away? Well, obviously the answer is yes.
            Nobody here has actually presented a sound reason why Sheppard should be demoted yet. All of his decisions, certainly in Season 2, have either been okayed by Weir, or have been direct orders from her. In season 1, they were all out of their league, and made mistakes - so what?
            As far as I'm aware you can't demote a man for finding women attractive, especially if it doesn't interfere with his job. And, again, when has Sheppard flirting, (which is a matter of opinion as to whether he is or isn't anyway), ever jeopardized a mission?
            So, sorry, I just see this thread as an excuse for a minority of people to vent their frustrations, as they don't like Sheppard. That's fine - not to like him. Why should everyone? But to say he should be demoted when there is no basis for it is pointless - in my opinion.
            Last edited by Linzi; 29 April 2006, 02:54 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Am I jealous of Shep? No. For starters, I'm a girl. Second, I don't find him all that attractive. Third, he's always been more tolerable than likeable to me and fourth, letching after everyone of the opposite sex (or being lusted after by them) has NEVER been my idea of entertainment. "Disgusted and embarrased" is much closer to describing how I feel about him and his behavior.

And for god's sake, if you don't like a thread and want to see it die, STOP REPLYING TO IT!!! And don't come on specifically rile up the thread's denizens. It's rude, it creates a lot of misunderstanding, and it only makes people LESS inclined to stop posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                Now now. I'm sure the ancient chick he slept with didn't have any STDs and, face it, it had probably been several thousand years. That's a long time for ANYONE to go without, um, carnal relations. You can hardly call her an alien slut for wanting a little something something after all that time.
                i gree, but i do think that shepard need to be demoted, he has proved to be no millitary tactician and he lacks any respect for the chain of command. we cannot have a guy like him defending the faith of earth because once atlantis is captured earth is next.
                some relationships are worth getting your heart broken over

doctor who

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Am I jealous of Shep? No. For starters, I'm a girl. Second, I don't find him all that attractive. Third, he's always been more tolerable than likeable to me and fourth, letching after everyone of the opposite sex (or being lusted after by them) has NEVER been my idea of entertainment. "Disgusted and embarrased" is much closer to describing how I feel about him and his behavior.
                  Except for the girl part, and finding him attractive since I am a guy, I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                    Well said!
                    I agree with Prion. Is this thread still meandering away? Well, obviously the answer is yes.
                    Nobody here has actually presented a sound reason why Sheppard should be demoted yet. All of his decisions, certainly in Season 2, have either been okayed by Weir, or have been direct orders from her. In season 1, they were all out of their league, and made mistakes - so what?
                    As far as I'm aware you can't demote a man for finding women attractive, especially if it doesn't interfere with his job. And, again, when has Sheppard flirting, (which is a matter of opinion as to whether he is or isn't anyway), ever jeopardized a mission?
                    So, sorry, I just see this thread as an excuse for a minority of people to vent their frustrations, as they don't like Sheppard. That's fine - not to like him. Why should everyone? But to say he should be demoted when there is no basis for it is pointless - in my opinion.

After reading that, have you even watched Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by thegatebuilders
                      i gree, but i do think that shepard need to be demoted, he has proved to be no millitary tactician and he lacks any respect for the chain of command. we cannot have a guy like him defending the faith of earth because once atlantis is captured earth is next.
                      Agreed, Caldwell needs to assume command. Though, I would have rather have Sumner or Everett take command. Given that won't happen since one is dead and the other is a 90 year old vegetable.

Comment

Originally posted by thegatebuilders
                        we cannot have a guy like him defending the faith of earth because once atlantis is captured earth is next.
                        ...but it could be much more fun to watch a 'not your regular military type of guy' come up trumps and actually save the day!

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                          After reading that, have you even watched Atlantis?
                          Oh yes. More times than I care to admit. Let me ask you the same, have you? I don't think there's much doubt that you and I obviously aren't watching the same show....
                          sigpic

Comment

It really is a shame that people can't stick to discussion of opinions and keep getting this overwhelming compulsion to insult anyone who dares to disagree with their viewpoint.

I, for one, would still like to see Shep suffer some serious repercussions for his actions, his behavior, and his part in the decision-making process. I wouldn't mind a demotion, but I can see how that might seem a little extremist to others. I would settle for something less, but I'd want it to be something that had some by-god lasting repercussions and not just an idiotic slap on the hand or an "oops, my bad" coupled with a sheepish grin from Shep. I want to see him suffer. Or better, I want those around him to suffer and for him to have to live with it. And I don't want it to be something he can pass off as a joke three eps later.

If you disagree with me, that's fine. But don't tell me I'm watching the wrong show, don't tell me I'll complain about anything, don't tell me I'm blind, and IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER should you EVER tell me or anyone else that an opinion is wrong, stupid, or doesn't count. It's MY opinion, NOT yours, and my opinion is no more "right" or "wrong" than yours- it's just different. That's why it's called an OPINION and not a FACT.

Comment

This thread seems to be taking a dramatic dive into "personal attack" territory. Please be cognizant of what you are saying before you click "reply." The topic of this thread is whether or not Sheppard should be demoted, not about your personal opinion of the people who post here.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I don't understand why it's so upsetting when someone doesn't like a character you like. I like Vala and I have yet to be bothered by anything anyone has said about her. I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with the people that don't like her. People perceive things differently. No big woop.

Feel free to tell us why you don't think he should be demoted. I like a good debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X