Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hated bates, he was weird, and somewhat obsessed and was unable to trust anyone, which really results in having no allies and just more enemies. As for Sheppard getting demoted well that’s just darn crazy.
    There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

Originally posted by Adam628749
      I really hated bates, he was weird, and somewhat obsessed and was unable to trust anyone, which really results in having no allies and just more enemies. As for Sheppard getting demoted well that’s just darn crazy.
      This should actually be its own thread, but Bates was a necessary character. Not there to be liked, he took on the unpopular job of policing his own police (sort of like iNternal Affairs in a police department). He was also there to take a stance that Sheppard might not take, so we could have conflict. However, since they introduced Caldwell to the show, they didn't need two who questioned Shep's decisions, so, I suspect, there went Bates...

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1

This brings me to a question for you. What makes you think he is hot-headed toward Weir? I feel he and Weir work well together. At least we Sheppard as the head of security, Weir has a better chance of keeping command of Atlantis. I don't see Caldwell working with Weir that well. In "Condemned, he told her flat out that he didn't have to tell her anything he didn't as far as the military was concerned. That seems to me to split the leadship of Atlantis rather then keeping it strong. I think Caldwell would like to see the city in military hands. This could cause problems between the scientist and military. Remember this is a scientific expedition as well.
        I believe that Sheppard must not have any discussion with Weir, nor allow discussion. He's the commanding military officer, and when he thinks it's his concern, it becomes his problem not Weir's.

Cadwell would not have a single problem of taking inmediate command of Atlantis in a military situation, and would not allow any disccusion.

And what difference would it make for Sheppard if he wasn't in charge anymore, and now would serve as a XO for Cadwell? He would still be making all those trips to other worlds.
        Scoping through the night...looking for Athosians

Comment

comon lol this thread is old drop it.. sheppard is good what he dose... Wier is about hmmm what can i put it Sluttish sheppard dosnt need to be demoted Wier dose..

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
            comon lol this thread is old drop it.. sheppard is good what he dose... Wier is about hmmm what can i put it Sluttish sheppard dosnt need to be demoted Wier dose..
            Agreed.

One thing I don't think anyone has considered is that Weir would NOT demote Sheppard. Weir is in charge. She made that abundantly clear in "Intruder" that she didn't want anybody else and fought to keep him. So, who would demote him? Caldwell? Weir would fight tooth and nail to keep him in charge as he's had now nearly 3 years experience in the Pegasus Galaxy. Anybody else coming in woudl be sorely ill-equipped to deal with Wraith, despite reading reports (let's not forget what happened to the over-confident Everett in "Siege 3").

Plus, Shep's the star of the show. That's fact

Comment

Originally posted by prion
              Plus, Shep's the star of the show. That's fact
              I disagree, it looks like Rodney is the star of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                I disagree, it looks like Rodney is the star of the show.
                First person on the screen in the credits is the star; however, to all fans, you can pick whichever you want as the 'star' but well, credits are credits.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  First person on the screen in the credits is the star; however, to all fans, you can pick whichever you want as the 'star' but well, credits are credits.
                  I agree with you, that was my way of complaining that there was too much Rodney. A little bit of him goes a long way. As long as they drop the kirking I would love to see lots more Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by Damar
                    But the reason why i would want Sheppard demoted is because he is too hot-headed to be the CO, and too irresponsible. I mean, he's the military commander of Atlantis yet he goes on every offworld mission.

He needs to be more behind a desk, if he wants to keep being supreme commander.
                    No one complained that O'Neill, who was a full colonel and second in command of the SGC was always going off world. I smell a double standard.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I think Sheppard is doing ok.
                      For fear of actually quoting Caldwell, he's made some rookie mistakes.
                      But how would he learn to be a better CO without his rookie mess ups?
                      I, personally, don't like Caldwell all that much.... I'd be really happy if he'd keep his butt on the Daedalus. But, alas, he does serve a purpose, and he is an overall good guy. Does he deserve to run Atlantis???
                      NO!
                      As for Bates....
                      I rejoiced in his disappearance.
                      He bothered me, a lot.
                      He was too paranoid, as has been said.
                      Lorne??
                      He needs to stay put, and end up in A LOT more episodes!!

I have come to find that anyone who comes in to boss Shep around just doesn't suit me.
                      Col. Everett.... ew.
                      Sumner..... ew.
                      Caldwell...... meh.
                      It's Sheppard's city.... he just let's Elizabeth think she runs it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                        No one complained that O'Neill, who was a full colonel and second in command of the SGC was always going off world. I smell a double standard.
                        Just noticed, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by HIMluv
                          It's Sheppard's city.... he just let's Elizabeth think she runs it!!
                          ....now that's an interesting thought!!

Comment

For whoever started this Topic.. i totally disagree with you.. Cardwell is the one who needs to be Demoted.. hes an Ass.. hes always trying to steal Sheppards position, always trying to crack on to Weir (thank god shes smart enought not to take his very poor lines "i must warn you im a militry stragiest") or how ever u spell it.. thats just a coney pick up line!... and for the thing about Lorne.. there is something wrong with people who want to get rid of Lorne..... seriously something wrong!

and just a question to finish off my ranting... if you hate the lead character.. why are you watching the show???
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
                              For whoever started this Topic.. i totally disagree with you.. Cardwell is the one who needs to be Demoted.. hes an Ass.. hes always trying to steal Sheppards position, always trying to crack on to Weir (thank god shes smart enought not to take his very poor lines "i must warn you im a militry stragiest") or how ever u spell it.. thats just a coney pick up line!... and for the thing about Lorne.. there is something wrong with people who want to get rid of Lorne..... seriously something wrong!
                              Calwell feels slighted because he didn't get the job, and he doesn't like that someone he doesn't like and is of lower rank got the job he wanted. He probably also knows that he's not ever going to get the gig as long as Weir has the president's ear. That said, I like that he can be an ass at times because a little tension with in the expedition makes it more realistic.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34

and just a question to finish off my ranting... if you hate the lead character.. why are you watching the show???

Now I'm going to have to jump in on this. Caldwell is one of the best military officers I've seen. Now I dont't hink that John needs to be demoted, but he does need to be reprimanded and or put up for questioning, there's no doubt in my mind. But to have his Lt. Col. Title taken is a bit exreme, when in my eyes there is one person taking the mass amount of blame as he again has his opinion overruled on countless occasions.

But to get back to Caldwell, am I the only one who saw 'The Long Goodbye'---Caldwell was the only one next to Teyla with a brain. He was the one who took charge and the one who put up the first fight against having John's body over taken. But because he's not in charge, he's overruled by John, and John goes through with a move that he seemed to be very hesitant about. And as for the problems in Allies and Michael---I didn't see Caldwell around...He came in after the fact that something bad was gonna happen, and since he's not in charge in anything, since John is military commander, and Weir is the head of Atlantis and who makes ALL final decisions, on Atlantis he has to agree to having the Wraith come to Atlantis.

So please get the facts right before you start attacking Caldwell. Now as for wanting JS position, that could be true, but I havent' seen it. In Conversion, I felt he was doing what he was supposed to do, while things were under his command. He doesn't work like John so you can't expect him to conduct things as John did. He had to do what he had to do..and I don't blame him for that. I think Weir was mainly upset with the fact that Caldwell was taking the initiative so quickly and not kissing ass about it.
                                _____________________________________________________________

I don't find John to be the lead character. I find John to share that lead clearly with McKay. Their both head lead characters...and have been in every single ep together and have prevalent roles. John is just the 'beauty' of the list. Nor do I think that the people who do have a problem with Shep necessarily hate Shep. But he did make stupid mistakes, which cannot be denied or erased. And those mistakes are things that annoy people. Do I blame them, no way. As an objective viewer you can clearly see mistakes have been made and mainly by those running Atlantis. Criticism DOES NOT equal HATE! Most people need to remember that!

I think in all this people are not looking at the facts of the matter, but are just slighted over who's favorite is being affected and what not. This is not about that. The discussion is if he should be demoted...and with revelant data to establish that...not petty nonsense.

When watching the ep, I can see where the need to demote comes from. John is head of security by OUR estimation at the loss of Bates. If that's the case, then John did a lot of bad security maneuvres when it came into the handling of Michael and Allies! I don't think he holds total blame, or even the blame that is entirely Weirs..but he holds a good amount.

Should he be demoted for that..as I said no. Because ultimately if things were gonna go bad, it was gonna go bad, because a Wraith was brought back to Altantis a city thought to be eliminated. So then?! The security side adds fuel to the fire, but the fire was already an inferno (excuse the pun).

VB
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X