• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO nanite viruses are pretty lame unless they cause you to explode

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      IMO nanite viruses are pretty lame unless they cause you to explode
      How about Nirrti's genetic modifications that cause you to explode into a pool of water?
      sigpic
      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
        How about Nirrti's genetic modifications that cause you to explode into a pool of water?
        yea that was pretty good

Comment

I dont know why, but this is still on of my favorite episodes!

Comment

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but I love Radek's role in this one. I enjoyed
            Spoiler:
            the way he carried on with Ford about prime and not prime numbers, the way he looked back and forth with his flashlight, the gentle way he moved Dumais' (I think it was her) hair out of her face when she died, and of course, I love it when he asks why Rodney didn't die.
            All in all, I think it was a great Zelenka episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
              I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but I love Radek's role in this one. I enjoyed
              Spoiler:
              the way he carried on with Ford about prime and not prime numbers, the way he looked back and forth with his flashlight, the gentle way he moved Dumais' (I think it was her) hair out of her face when she died, and of course, I love it when he asks why Rodney didn't die.
              All in all, I think it was a great Zelenka episode.
              i agree such a caring guy really enjoyed this epi everybody played it well, i also loved that last part of Hiccups spoiler very funny
              sigpic

Comment

There were some good scenes in that episode, weren't there? Also, I thought it was suspenseful. I didn't guess what was going to happen before it did.
                Spoiler:
                (Although, honestly, I knew Rodney wasn't going to die.)
                sigpic

Comment

another good episode. I at Rodney coming up with a fancy story about his death. I felt Sheppard was right to overrule Weir, he needed to be on hand to monitor any possible problems. Yes the Hazmat team can deal with the Hazmat, but the rest needed to be under his jurisdiction, the safety of the base and people were in jeopardy.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Hmm, alien contagion. This idea has never been done in SciFi before. Nope, completely original. Lol. Seriously, though, they pulled this one off without it being cheesy. I wasn't really expecting a nanite based infection, so that was a nice little plot twist that you don't usually get with the whole alien contagion thing.

The tension between Weir and Sheppard was a nice addition - I suspect this is something that might be played up a bit in later episodes.
                    Signature by Glitch33.
                    sigpic
                    Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Sheppy saves the day yet again
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm conflicted about how Shep saves the day. After all, he did disobey Elizabeth and thereby allowed the contagious guy to escape, thus killing more people in the cafeteria. That wasn't good. I know he meant well, and it's hard to sit on your hands and do nothing when people are dying, but did the end justify the means? I'm just curious as to what anyone else thinks. (And no, I'm not trying to slam Shepard. I like him, not as much as I like Radek, but I digress...)
                        sigpic

Comment

Did people die in the cafeteria? I think exploding the bomb might have saved them. So I guess maybe if they were saved, then the ends did justify the means. Maybe that is why Sheppard made the comment at the end that he saved Weir's life.

I think what Sheppard did, defying Weir and ordering Bates to basically disobey Weir, was wrong. That being said, I think the writers did that to show the 'rebel' side of Sheppard yet again, the side we saw in Rising where his charactor was called into question [when Jack warned Weir but Weir still wanted him for her team.]

I think this episode showed that Sheppard is a take charge kind of guy, he is capable of making snap decisions and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. Unfortunately, that does mean that sometimes people get hurt along the way. I think that also shows he isn't perfect.
                          sigpic

Comment

I definitely agree with your last sentence. Sometimes when people seem too perfect, it ruins a show. That doesn't mean I want people to have major character flaws, no, I just want a little something to show they're human like Rodney's ego, Radek's cursing... those types of things make them seem more human and endear them to me. It makes them more believable.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ktebid View Post
                              another good episode. I at Rodney coming up with a fancy story about his death. I felt Sheppard was right to overrule Weir, he needed to be on hand to monitor any possible problems. Yes the Hazmat team can deal with the Hazmat, but the rest needed to be under his jurisdiction, the safety of the base and people were in jeopardy.
                              I completely agree. I couldnt believe that she just basically shut him out..the military head of Atlantis and she doesnt even consult him... what experience did she have in dealing with such matters and they would all have died if Sheppard didnt come up with his plan..
                              sigpic

Comment

Cool episode, loved the tension between Weir and Sheppard.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X