Hide And Seek (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newbie
    I loved how Sheppard made fun of Canadians !!! And I totaly didn't get the whole Hale Mary thing..prolly cause I'm not born by the right ways...pls explain.
    Go back to page 6 on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
      Not to change the subject but just think of sky diving with the mcay sheild thingy that would be soooo awesome you wouldn't even need a parachute! When it came to landing you could make a wille coyote crater and you wouldn't even be hurt at all!
      Wouldn't be much fun if the device shut down while in mid-air.

"Uh-oh"...
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
        Wouldn't be much fun if the device shut down while in mid-air.

"Uh-oh"...
        that could suck but it would also suck if someone shot you right when it turned off.

Comment

I don't want to look through 100pages so....

Did they release the ratings yet?
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Not that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by legoman
              How come no one gave a rats arse that Mackay was a walking dead man?
              Weir called it. She had a suspicion that it was all in his head and since Ancient tech can read minds...well... Besides, during the time-period that was the episode, he wasn't in danger of anything except having to go to the bathroom.
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                ...except having to go to the bathroom.
                Would it be tactless if that turned out to be the reason the device deactivated? All of the sudden McKay says, "Oh, gosh! I really have to take a dump," and the shield fell off. That might have been mildly amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by legoman
                  How come no one gave a rats arse that Mackay was a walking dead man?
                  I mean, its obvious to viewers that he's not going to die being a main character and all, but the writers could have at least made the other characters show a little more concern.
                  The only thing Rodney McKay was in danger of was starving to death and dehydration... and maybe a bladder infection if he "held it" for too long. A person can live for about half a week without food or water, and this episode took place over the course of one day and one night. Plus Weir and that one other scientist were about 90% sure it was psychological.
                  It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

I liked that the creative types for Stargate Atlantis have used the neatest fully-functional pda/multimedia player to power on the naquadah generator! Well, I thought that was neat!

To compare, the Zodiac is at www.tapwave.com. A keen-eyed Zodiac owner captured its bit part at the following link:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...ble/zodiac.jpg

Is there more than one "style" of naquadah generator, or will all of them on this series have a Palm OS pda to control it? That would be neat to see! What other "everyday" objects have you seen that were adapted for a different use as a prop in the SG world?

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

You already posted this tapwave thing once, do you really need to do so again?

And I say again that the shield was likely one way and Rod would have had no trouble relieving himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        You already posted this tapwave thing once, do you really need to do so again?
                        Well, I didn't notice this episode-specific thread till I posted in the general Atlantis section, and I thought I could give my $.02 where it applied. And if people who can give input read one area and not the other, they might post helpful info that I might otherwise miss. So yeah, the second post was appropriate for the thread. But sorry for bothering you.

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

I thought the Tapwave thing was cool...thanks.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I liked this episode except for the way the military personell went around pointing their firearms at the "shadow" creature. It made me want to laugh.

Did anyone else think it was odd to see them sitting on a couch watching a football game on a big-screen with popcorn?! I mean, I know they have a lot of cool technology but I doubt the Ancient's display panels have RCA jacks built in. And sure the Atlantis team has a lot of talented people, but I doubt figuring out how to connect my VHS tape / DVD to a big-screen is gonna be high on anyone's priority list.

And while I'm griping: everyone seems to have brought off-duty clothes plus their regular working clothes. Doesn't that seem a little frivelous?

I liked the theory about the Ancients studying the creature in order to learn how to ascend. Hmm. I wonder why the holo-message from the Ancients didn't mention anything like "sorry, but no one is home at the moment. We've all ascended to another plane." That brings to mind two more questions:

1. If the Ancients all ascended, I wonder why did some enter into human-history (references to the Atlantis legend originating from Ancients who lived in ancient Greece, etc..) at all?

2. Why do the Ancients help some people ascend and not others when they die?
                            A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
                            The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

Comment

Originally posted by zen.monki
                              And while I'm griping: everyone seems to have brought off-duty clothes plus their regular working clothes. Doesn't that seem a little frivelous?
                              Well I'd rather they wear off duty clothes when their of duty then to always wear those uniiforms all the time so they start to stink up the place!
                              spook

Comment

[QUOTE]
                                Originally posted by zen.monki
                                1. If the Ancients all ascended, I wonder why did some enter into human-history (references to the Atlantis legend originating from Ancients who lived in ancient Greece, etc..) at all?
                                A valid question, ZM. Maybe there was racism among them, or some other social/economical/political caste system. Maybe "modern" Earth only got the cast-outs, the criminals, from the Ancient's POV.

2. Why do the Ancients help some people ascend and not others when they die?

Because it isn't the Ancients who help people ascend, it's the Ascended who help people ascend.

The Ascended are not made up only of Ancients who've ascended. Many other species have also ascended, and the Ancients are most likely not the first to have done so. Ascendedland is a melting pot of species, but it wants to be an exclusive club - excluding any who can't figure out Ascension for themselves, I guess.

Oma was bannished from the club when she started her little cult, but she was either not bannished as completely as Orlin was(Ascension) or, like Anubis, Oma figured out how to prevent her descension, only she did a better job of it than Nuby did.

This leads me to believe that the Ascended, though powerful, are not all-powerful. Maybe Orlin was just a simple, normally law-abiding citizen of Ascendedland, and not very good at being a "criminal." Folks like Oma and Anubis, OTOH, may be more troublesome to the Ascended authorities, like the Mafia and certain revolutionary elements of Earth societies - hard to catch and even harder to prosecute.

Just my theory, and subject to change.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X