Hide And Seek (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
    I guess it was one of those "Let's bonk you over the head with the idea that Sheppard is an AMERICAN" kind of things. It could have been baseball. I would have preferred baseball. Unfortunately, (American) football is seen as more "macho".
    True, I agree it's a testement/blatant reminder to Shepard being American. Of course if they wanted a really "macho" sport, there's always Australian rugby (aka Aussie Rules Football).

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
      True, I agree it's a testement/blatant reminder to Shepard being American. Of course if they wanted a really "macho" sport, there's always Australian rugby (aka Aussie Rules Football).
      Aye, but I didn't see any mud on Atlantis.
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Not to change the subject but just think of sky diving with the mcay sheild thingy that would be soooo awesome you wouldn't even need a parachute! When it came to landing you could make a wille coyote crater and you wouldn't even be hurt at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
          Aye, but I didn't see any mud on Atlantis.

they can make some. they got a ton of 10,000 year old dead plants (totally ignoring the fact that they'd be dust by now) and plenty of water so......mud.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            they got a ton of 10,000 year old dead plants (totally ignoring the fact that they'd be dust by now) and plenty of water so......mud.
            Maybe there's more to those plants than we realize. Maybe they aren't really dead. Maybe they're just... SLEEPING... *cues ominous roll of thunder AND spooky music*

Or maybe I've seen too many bad scifi movies.

Comment

They can always take up water polo.

I didn't even think about them pushing the Shepard is American thing while I watched it. I guess because I have a husband who lives for football season (and hockey season) I just thought it was normal male behaviour.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Or maybe I've seen too many bad scifi movies.
                Have you been watching SciFi on the weekends again? Bad, Shadow...bad!

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  They can always take up water polo.

I didn't even think about them pushing the Shepard is American thing while I watched it. I guess because I have a husband who lives for football season (and hockey season) I just thought it was normal male behaviour.
                  Better water polo than synchronized swimming, I guess.

I think the sports thing is the "stereotypical macho" male behavior thing. Gets the Point across quickly and with minimum exposition.

Comment

How come no one gave a rats arse that Mackay was a walking dead man?
                    I mean, its obvious to viewers that he's not going to die being a main character and all, but the writers could have at least made the other characters show a little more concern.

Comment

Finally got the chance to discuss Atlantis.
                      Woop-die-doo

You know what I liked the most about this episode? Character Developement.
                      I'm a big Buffy fan and Mckay reminds me A LOT of Xander. Ok, so he's the funny guy who always gets himself in danger, but he is also the heart, that human spirit that just won't quit.
                      Now, Sheppard is american. There's nothing wrong with that. He's into footbal, O'neil was into fishing. I dig that. I'm also wondering how many football tapes has he brought with him cause he might get bored pretty fast with that one game. Also... he looks good in black. *drool*
                      Did anybody else feel that him leavin the kid behind with possibly, a big ol' wraith was slightly out of character? We don't know much about him but after making such a big case about "leaving our people behind" in the last episode, he seemed a little quick to abandon the little tyke just so he could "establish perimeter".
                      I sit and wonder, why do I dislike Teyla? Maybe because of the way she is written... yup, definetely it. Sheppard... you can do better, trust me.

All in all, a very enjoyable episode and I can't wait for next week.
                      Homer Simpson: I'm not a religious man, but if you're up there... save me Superman!

Michael Shanks concerning his character:
                      "O'neil is a warrior, Carter is a warrior, Teal'c is a warrior... somebody has to be the damsel in distress "

Stargate SG1 is my happy place.

Comment

Originally posted by legoman
                        How come no one gave a rats arse that Mackay was a walking dead man?
                        But he wasn't. Peter knew about the fact that the shield imprints on its wearer; how many others knew before he told Weir? And Weir has good instincts. She knows Rodney's tendancy toward extreme negativity and that it was unlikely that the Ancients would develop a shield that would kill the wearer.

Surely if, as time went by and no change occured, putting Rodney in actual danger, we would have seen more rat's arses offered in sympathy. (And I could just see the guys lining up to give Rodney such a gift. )
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

It isn't that they didn't care, they just know he has a tendency to exagerrate and be overdramatic and it seemed highly unlikely that the shield would really pose a life-threatening danger.

As TH said, if time had worn on and it became evident that the shield wasn't going to shut off, they may have shown more concern, but they figured the shield had a "mental component" and that eventually he'd be inclined to want it turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDiva
                            Did anybody else feel that him leavin the kid behind with possibly, a big ol' wraith was slightly out of character? We don't know much about him but after making such a big case about "leaving our people behind" in the last episode, he seemed a little quick to abandon the little tyke just so he could "establish perimeter".
                            Some Rising SPOILERS
                            I thought that going back and establishing a perimeter was the "right thing to do" as Shepard once put it. This is because if there was Wraith around, then everyone could be in danger. It's better to fall back, establish a secure perimeter, then go out looking for the boy. It's kind of like Separd taking the Athosians back to Atlantis first, then going after the prisoners. I see what you're saying, but I think Shepard is a soldier first with a duty to protect the larger group first, then attempt to rescue anyone "outside" who may be in danger.

Comment

I loved how Sheppard made fun of Canadians !!! And I totaly didn't get the whole Hale Mary thing..prolly cause I'm not born by the right ways...pls explain.

Comment

I know I'm way in the minority here but McKay gets on my nerves. He is SO negative he would have been my last choice of someone to get marooned in another galaxy with. He can be funny at times but I prefer Shepards and the Scot's humor. I keep hoping he'll mature or his charater will change as the series goes on. Some hope with him finding his courage at the end of Hide and Seek.

I like the show, enjoy the humor, and endure McKay.

Comment

Working...
                                X