Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'auc View Post
    Well, those living in UK/US/Canada are lucky, since that's where most actors have no problem to go to, but Czech republic is not that interesting for them to even come. So, I kind of gave up hope I'd see these people for real... <.<
    David has done a few cons in the Czech Republic. If I recall right, he still has family on his wife side still living in the Czech Republic. So you never know.

My guess is that it is more of a cost issue with the actor coming to the Czech Republic and not so much that they would find it uninteresting, on the contrary, I would suspect alot of them would love the Czech Republic - From pictures I've seen your country is beautiful with lots of history and creativity!

Originally posted by Ikaros
    Thnx for the link. Great to hear that both Davids have plans for the future together. I loved those two in the show...
    You're welcome!
    Anything those two do is going to be a hit!
    Seriously, the highlite of the Toronto convention for alot of fans was when the two David's were on stage together. I think it was in one of the Season 1 SGA commentaries where Torri made a comment about the chemistry between these two actors - I'd have to go back and listen to the commentary as the two Davids were given a nickname because their chemistry was so good together. It was really fantastic to actually get to see that chemistry Torri mentioned in the commentary during the Q&A.

These guys have some serious chemistry that would work well in both a comedy type show or a drama.

I think it was David Nykl that said during the Q&A that 'If you want to know what it is like working with each other, this is it.' - not an exact quote but pretty close. The two were just going back and forth on stage, it was hilarious! They were always trying to one up the other with bantering and comedy. It's a shame we couldn't record the Q&A to share.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Rose: The thing is - Cons in Czech Republic are ran by fans, unlike in US/Canada/UK, where Cons are lead by companies, who can afford expanses of huge proportions... (etc). So, we cannot afford to pay Force knows how many $$ to have the actors to come to the Czech republic.

Believe me, from what I know, these fans, who organize these Cons tried to invite them, but the amount of $$ their agents asked was way too unrealistic for us. So, that is why I'm skeptic about meeting actors, unless I'd have to pay another huge amount to travel abroad. And, with whole crisis, I for example, cannot afford that, having a family to sustain and all that.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
      (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
      Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

*waves weakly from the floor* M'fine. Wow,David photographs really well (duh!!). And his eyes are so very expressive and the smile too. Nice pics Rosehawk!! Wooohoooo!!! hehe }:O
        sigpic

Comment

I have a question about DN that maybe Rosehawk or someone else can answer. How does he handle the female fans? I know that every person is different, but I was just wondering how he handles it when female fans flirt with him or act like they've got a crush on him. No reason, just curious. (I have other questions too, and maybe I'll ask them later. I don't know.)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'auc View Post
            Rose: The thing is - Cons in Czech Republic are ran by fans, unlike in US/Canada/UK, where Cons are lead by companies, who can afford expanses of huge proportions... (etc). So, we cannot afford to pay Force knows how many $$ to have the actors to come to the Czech republic.

That's kind of what I was trying to say, though you never know with David what could happen!

Originally posted by Teal'auc
            Believe me, from what I know, these fans, who organize these Cons tried to invite them, but the amount of $$ their agents asked was way too unrealistic for us. So, that is why I'm skeptic about meeting actors, unless I'd have to pay another huge amount to travel abroad. And, with whole crisis, I for example, cannot afford that, having a family to sustain and all that.
            That's kind of the tough part. Since the Actors and Fans alike need money for their families, etc.

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf
            *waves weakly from the floor* M'fine. Wow,David photographs really well (duh!!). And his eyes are so very expressive and the smile too. Nice pics Rosehawk!! Wooohoooo!!! hehe }:O
            *Waves back*

LOL, yeah David does photograph well!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              It was really fantastic to actually get to see that chemistry Torri mentioned in the commentary during the Q&A.
              These guys have some serious chemistry that would work well in both a comedy type show or a drama.
              It was one of the things i was looking forward to watch on the show!!!!!.
              I don't know why, but Zelenka cracks me up anyway... all he had to do was open his mouth and throw a Czech comment..

I think it was David Nykl that said during the Q&A that 'If you want to know what it is like working with each other, this is it.' - not an exact quote but pretty close. The two were just going back and forth on stage, it was hilarious! They were always trying to one up the other with bantering and comedy. It's a shame we couldn't record the Q&A to share.
              That must have been something ........i hope somebody uploads it on youtube
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              send me as far over the earth
              as is my pleasure and thine,
              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
              but never hear anything of bad ones,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                I have a question about DN that maybe Rosehawk or someone else can answer. How does he handle the female fans? I know that every person is different, but I was just wondering how he handles it when female fans flirt with him or act like they've got a crush on him. No reason, just curious. (I have other questions too, and maybe I'll ask them later. I don't know.)
                Wow, interesting question.

I've only meet David twice. I've never really seen female fans flirt directly with him other than typically friendliness flirting but I am sure it happens.

What I can tell you is that David is very nice and very professional when he meets with the fans, male or female. If you keep it as fun, David keeps it as fun. David jokes around alot and that's probably how he would handle any flirting or crushes from female fans.

David has a certain charm about himself that I think if any female fan did start to get carried away he would be able to put her in her place politely and if the fan still doesn't get it, then that is one of the functions for the handlers to take care of at the conventions.

Does this help?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                  It was one of the things i was looking forward to watch on the show!!!!!.
                  I don't know why, but Zelenka cracks me up anyway... all he had to do was open his mouth and throw a Czech comment..
                  I think that is one of the reasons why I was so pi$$ed off that SGA was cancelled.

Originally posted by Ikaros
                  That must have been something ........i hope somebody uploads it on youtube
                  Yeah, it really was something. For the majority of SGA fans it was the highlight of the convention. It was not something in the original plan. David Nykl found out when David Hewlett's panel was and said that he was going to crash it...well they worked something out with the convention organizers and we got an hour and a half of the Nykl and Hewlett show. It was also really alot of fun when Kate Hewlett joined them on stage.

Bits and pieces were apparently recorded as the first 30 minutes which was just David Hewlett, bits and pieces of that time, are now up on YouTube.
                  sigpic

Comment

*thunk*

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I think that is one of the reasons why I was so pi$$ed off that SGA was cancelled.
                      You and me both! What were they thinking?! The only thing worse than axing the show would have been offing my favorite character!

Last edited by Hiccups; 01 March 2010, 05:30 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

*glares at Rosehawk* Ya just had to post sweaty Radek shots....my poor brain just went boom. Yay!! More sweaty Radek please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                          *glares at Rosehawk* Ya just had to post sweaty Radek shots....my poor brain just went boom. Yay!! More sweaty Radek please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                          Ohhhhhhh just you wait until you see the ones I am working on!

Zelenka pics are just going to blow your mind!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh you are so evil!

*hugs*
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Hello! Prague was great, I will post about it on the weekend (+ photos).

This heart was like a tardis
                              I went and lost the key in a fight

Facebook | Twitter | Livejournal | Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                                Oh you are so evil!

*hugs*
                                LOL. Evil you say?!

I'm just loving his hair in 'The Lost Tribe'.

I've been too tired the last few nights to finish up on them.

Someone asked David at the convention how long he spends in the make-up chair, I think alot of people think that Makeup spends alot of time with getting David's hair looking the way it does. David said that he spend about 30 seconds in the make-up chair, just enough time to take the shine off his nose!
                                His hair, he had a few comments for....but basically his hair does what it wants to do!

His hair is perfect for Zelenka!

Originally posted by MellaMcAllister
                                Hello! Prague was great, I will post about it on the weekend (+ photos).
                                *claps hands together* Cool. Look forward to the details!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X