No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pajus, or any other Czech here, can you give me the name of a flower native to the Czech Republic, I want to use it in a wedding bouquet or if there is nothing suitable the Czech name for Rose will do

Comment

I've been cuddling my clone today (COLD!) and...

I GET THE CASTS OFF MY LEGS NEXT WEEK!!!!!
      Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
      SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Thanks Daniel's shadow.

The pics are great. I don't think any are repeats but if they are so what, they are wonderful to look at again.

David has a really nice smile.

I love the look on his face when Rachel is touching his knee. That could create a couple of fun caps

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        That's what annoyed me a lot when I went on holiday to America, I was about 6 months off my 21st birthday and been drinking legally for 2 years, yet I couldn't get a drink on holiday
        There are a few states that the age is 19. Don't think any have 18 any more but with 50 states, can't keep track.
        It's been a few years for me where I had to pay attention, though I did get asked for my ID in a bar last week. First time I had been to a bar in several years, went with my improv group. Course they asked the whole group and we were all in the over thirty age range.

Sad thing is your beer is much better tasting IMO and stronger than our beer here. Go figure, the weaker beer the higher the drinking limit.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          I am helping to Rosenhawk with some information for her...hell, I still don´t fully understand...what actully will you do here with the scouts, Rosenhawk?
          LOL, thats what we have to figure out. They are planning on going to England, France, Italy, Germany and Czech Republic. Funny, they picked the countries, not me. The one thing I do know is we want to visit Prague and see some theater there. Can't go to any place that serves alcohol, even for the adults. Prague will probably be the only place we will have time to visit since it will most likely be our last stop before heading back.
          The other thing I don't want to put on the web. Gives out too much personal information with minors involved but I was basically looking for some websites to order some specific items. Can't seem to find what I am looking for through Google. I know the stuff exists, I have seen pictures, just having a hard time getting contact information.

Originally posted by dancer_4_daniel
          I've been cuddling my clone today (COLD!)
          Aren't clones great Mines been keeping me warm. It's been below zero here the past few days until today.
          Also clones make you just feel better when the day is truely crap, actually last night was bad and it just continued into today.
          and...

I GET THE CASTS OFF MY LEGS NEXT WEEK!!!!!
          Yeah, we will have to celebrate!!!!
          Will you have to go through physical therapy? We might have to double clone you to give you extra support

Spoiler:
          I think what has the fans in so much of an uproar and feeling hurt is that it wasn't Paul's choice to leave. Carson is a loveable and wonderful character just like Zelenka and fans are feeling very betrayed and I guess I can't blame them. At least Gateworld gives them a change to express their anger and frustration in a safe outlet.

I know I would be upset if Zelenka bit the dust, no matter how beautiful the storyline was.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLESTIAN!!!!!!!
          Last edited by Rosehawk; 18 January 2007, 07:15 PM.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            In the Atlantis Season 3 Part, anything that says 'Sunday' 'Carson' or 'Save Elizabeth Weir' is worth a look if you want a laugh at the behaviour of some fans
            And some of us are legitimately angry and upset but are not spewing on people, thank you very much.
            Mice
            Slash Rodent from Heck

http://www.squidge.org/mice

Comment

There is a difference between legit anger and dismay and the hysteria that I've been seeing around here, it's those fans that give the rest of them a bad name

Comment

Happy Birthday Allestian

We've had a whip round and we have bought a present for you

RadekClone1 - Uh..where am I?
                RG - You're here as a special present for our friend Allestian, it's her birthday

RadekClone1 - I'm a birthday present!, that's different, Is she nice?
                RG - Oh yes she's very nice, she'll look after you, keep you warm, feed you and other things

RadekClone1 - Food and other things, she sounds the best.
                RG - She is, now wait here for her to log on.

Have fun with him Allestian
                Last edited by Reefgirl; 18 January 2007, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  Pajus, or any other Czech here, can you give me the name of a flower native to the Czech Republic, I want to use it in a wedding bouquet or if there is nothing suitable the Czech name for Rose will do
                  I guess 'karafiat' (translates into maiden pink, clove-pink, pink or carnation - probably depends on the species) should do the trick. Rose translates into 'ruze'. Radek gets married in your next fanfic, eh? I'll send this message via e-mail as well (so you have the diacritics as well).
                  Last edited by Pajus; 19 January 2007, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    Sad thing is your beer is much better tasting IMO and stronger than our beer here. Go figure, the weaker beer the higher the drinking limit.
                    I went back to America the following year when I was 21 and the bar we went in only had a beer and wine license and it only takes a couple of beers to get me drunk, so I was in this bar on my 4th Bud, thinking 'I should be under the table by now'

Great Pics

Comment

Thanks Pajus, it's not a wedding as such, but a bit of a throwaway line in my new fic

Comment

*Walks in and hugs her lovely new birthday present*

I'm gonna cuddle him, and huggle him and snuggle him...

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                          I guess 'karafiat' (translates into maiden pink, clove-pink, pink or carnation - probably depends on the species) should do the trick. Rose translates into 'ruze'. Radek gets married in your next fanfic, eh? I'll send this message via e-mail as well (so you have the diacritics as well).

We have some national flower?

There is a difference between legit anger and dismay and the hysteria that I've been seeing around here, it's those fans that give the rest of them a bad name
                          I agree. I mean, I was also angry about the fact that Carson is leaving, but honestly, about Torri, I really don´t care. And I was also angry that they want Carter in SGA. But now, it´s gone and I don´t think I would stop watching SGA only bc of this. We don´t know anything about story, it could be good, what do we know?
                          If they would kick out Rodney, then I would stop watching.
                          I think my anger was result of ingorance of tptb. People yell that they don´t want SG1 characters in SGA and they go and do opposite. Who is glad being ignored? But the hysteria is pointless and they can make thread "Save the world" but it solves nothing.

Er, sorry for this massive OT, It had to get out. I actually stopped going to GW in last week bc of this.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

We don't exactly have a national flower. Only a national tree ('lipa' - lime tree), but these guys are really beautiful and they grow here a lot, so I thought it could do the trick

Comment

Yeah, I'll have to do about 2-3 months of physio before I get my legs back...grrr. At least I'll be able to stand up, though! I think my butt has now become permanently numb from SITTING all the time!
                              Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
                              SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Glad things are working out for you

Comment

Working...
                                X