No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking that those were just some of the reasons we love Radek. There are oh so many!

And welcome to the thread Artie!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      It seems like there willl be lots of Radek in the upcoming novel series, the season six Legacy series. Author Jo Graham talks about him here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/60492.html

"Why do I love writing Radek? He's so smart, but so free of self promotion. He's brave, but doesn't particularly think he is. He's funny and passionate (and I understand quite obscene, if one can understand all he says!), and nobody is more determined to persist in the face of all odds."
      Wow, that was really a nice read on where Radek could have been coming from!
      Thanks Artie for sharing the link. I enjoyed that very much!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        Wow! She perfectly summed up Radek! Well, she left out the sexy part, but that's a given!
        The sexy is a given, you are right, I'm not talking the physical! Any guy (or gal for that matter) who can withstand horrors that he may have witnessed and/or gone through difficult struggles and still maintain a sense of humor and a wonderment of how things work, doesn't take things for granted, well that's a type of sexy all in itself!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
          *snickers loudly* You guys crack me up. Rosehawk,I'd so snatch off that towel and fluff dry Radek's hair so fast,he thought he'd been blown dry with an industrial dryer. *cheeky grin* I blame David too-he did do a hot steamy commercial and blew up my poor unsuspecting brain cell. Wicked double shot Ever!! *waves hand in the air* Can I corrupt the innocent too? Pretty please with a hot,soapy Czech on top? Hmm...isn't that a lovely thought? More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
          OMG Radek without a towel!!! One can only imagine the wonders that sight beholds!
          sigpic

Comment

i imagined *thunk*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              The sexy is a given, you are right, I'm not talking the physical! Any guy (or gal for that matter) who can withstand horrors that he may have witnessed and/or gone through difficult struggles and still maintain a sense of humor and a wonderment of how things work, doesn't take things for granted, well that's a type of sexy all in itself!
              He has gone through horrors? The poor dear. I volunteer to comfort him. *offers David a friendly hug and my sympathies*

Originally posted by pookey View Post
              i imagined *thunk*
              Of course you did. *shakes head and chuckles*
              sigpic

Comment

*smirks* Rosehawk,I know not what sight I beheld as I was intent on drying Radek's hair. *gets struck by lightning* Yeah,I didn't buy that either. lol Welcome Artie and thanks for the link!! Good to know Ms. Graham enjoys writing Radek and accurately described him (we'll forgive her failure to mention Radek's hawt factor cuz she was busy actually writing a storyline for our fave Czech). Of course Radek's known horrors-he works with McKay. It's Friday gang!! How's about some Czech shots to celebrate? Woohoo!! }:O
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                  He has gone through horrors? The poor dear. I volunteer to comfort him. *offers David a friendly hug and my sympathies*
                  LOL. I don't know about David but Zelenka most certainly would have gone through alot, especially since it was established canon that his family was poor.

Originally posted by CrimsonRavenWolf
                  *smirks* Rosehawk,I know not what sight I beheld as I was intent on drying Radek's hair. *gets struck by lightning* Yeah,I didn't buy that either.
                  Well, it could have been the hair on his chest!

and too much more and this conversation goes beyond PG-13

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf
                  *Of course Radek's known horrors-he works with McKay. It's Friday gang!! How's about some Czech shots to celebrate? Woohoo!! }:O
                  Like the horror of seeing Rodney nekkid!

Or the horror of having Rodney take your idea.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey, I found this by accident.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C51gg...eature=related

David's about 3 minutes into the clip. His role is short but hey at least it's David in tights - sort of!

David looks rather cute in Mork's outfit!
                    Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 May 2010, 07:47 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, I don't know what to say! I think if David Nykl had been cast as Mork, he would have done a good job. (Better than the actor he was portraying.) It was weird seeing him in Mork's outfit. But when
                      Spoiler:
                      he threw his hands up, all I could think of was Zelenka!
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow, I don't know what to say! I think if David Nykl had been cast as Mork, he would have done a good job. (Better than the actor he was portraying.) It was weird seeing him in Mork's outfit. But when
                        Spoiler:
                        he threw his hands up, all I could think of was Zelenka!
                        LOL. Yeah, I noticed alot of Zelenkism's too! His hair threw me for a second. It was long (for a guy) and every hair was in place!

I agree, I don't think John Byner would have made a great Mork and I liked John Byner when I was growing up. Mork was just one of those roles that only a few actors could have done it justice and Robin Williams certainly succeeded. David would have been a young kid when Mork and Mindy was on the air - he could have played a young Mork!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, Robin did a great job of playing Mork, but I don't think David could have played a young Mork as people from Mork's planet age backwards. He could have played Mork's dad though. (Yes, I am nearly David's age, and I did see the show when I was younger.)
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, Robin did a great job of playing Mork, but I don't think David could have played a young Mork as people from Mork's planet age backwards. He could have played Mork's dad though. (Yes, I am nearly David's age, and I did see the show when I was younger.)
                            Oh that's right, on Mork's planet the adults were children and the children were adults! I use to watch that show all the time, it's just I haven't see it for so long all I can remember is nannu-nannu!
                            sigpic

Comment

Shaz-bot!

Hmmm, I wonder if that's Girlbot's cousin...
                              sigpic

Comment

*smirks* David looked awesome in tights!! Too bad his scene wasn't longer. *eyes a plot bunny in the corner* Hmm...something about Radek in tights and an alien ritual to save his team. *resists Radek's tights plot bunny* Damnit all to Hades. *scribbles down plot bunny then glares at Rosehawk* You cheeky monkey...ya did that on purpose knowing I couldn't resist David in tights. *smirks* David has a lovely body of work doesn't he? And Rosehawk proved it. Yay!! *high fives ya* More Nykl bits please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X