John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
    I guess that's a little surprising - but I don't know much about the movie biz. I mean they have the sets and shooting a movie that's going straight (or nearly straight) to DVD has to be a lot cheaper than a theatrical release I'm pretty sure MGM knows there is a built-in market already so they won't have to advertise much.

If TPTB are now blaming the current financial times for not making a movie, makes me even less interested if SGU succeeds or falls flat (especially since they seem to be spending money on that!)
    Indeed!

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Ok if you insist . It's about Search and Rescue, so I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler:
    David's a little, um, well, Kavan said he's... I can't use the word here because of the language filter. But he's a bit of a hypochondriac and well, he loses it frequently because he's highly strung and all and he's basically a baby! So, anyway, you know the bit in S and R when McKay and Lorne are trapped? Well some poor guy was tipping dust on them from way above and David looked up and got dust in his eye. And Kavan said he went beserk! Screaming his head off, going: 'Oh my GOD! MY EYE, MY EYE' and totally overreacting. He said it was hysterical! Apparently he's always like it. Which again, I knew anyway. David's totally adorable though and I love him how he is!

Joe, as Ali said, whines and gets told to shut up by BamBam. joe hurt his neck in one stunt on DG and Jason said 'emememememememem!' and called Joe a baby so he shut up!

Kavan and David are friends so Kavan said David will know what he's saying about him!

Spoiler:
    So, Jason is definetely a whumper! And not only Shep whump! Doesn´t surprise me re David really

Oh yeah, SGU has been picked up for 2 seasons.
    (without even knowing how the first is gonna do...

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
    for what it's worth, you didn't step on mine...

For sure!

*shoves soapbox back under the bed*

well, yeah. I guess i dont know much either because I assumed a new show, with new actors, new sets a team of writers... etc would be much more expensive (not to mention risky from a fail/success standpoint) than an SGA movie...

*shrugs*
    ITA!!

Edit: guess I have ya beat *slinks away as well*

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
    picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

sorry.. guess I sound a little b**chy...

*slinks away*
      Nah! Don't be daft!

It is very annoying about SGU for me, as a fan of Atlantis. I want Atlantis, not SGU and I do feel SGA has been royally shafted

But, I do understand MGM's motivation from a business sense. I don't like it, but I do get it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Sounds like you are having a great time. I hope you post a pic of you in your costume. Chris sounds hysterical!!! All the guests sound great though.
        All the guests have been fab and it's been a great fun con.. still got the last party to go tonight. Today's been great as because I won the sides in the auction I got to go into the autograph room again today and get it signed by everyone (so talk to them all again) and they were all lovely and chatting with me and e.g. Paul wrote on the sides, when he signed it, "Good luck with the wee one!"

For those who asked, me as pregnant Teyla!

Spoiler:

The wig seems to have slipped back a little bit in this photo so doesn't look quite right...

ROFLMAO!!! What was his reaction?! LOLOL!!
        Everyone laughed and I heard one of the guys at the table (it might have been BamBam say, "Now that's method acting!"

HOW DOES HE KNOW?! And *thunk* he looks like it... hehehehe
        He was being very cheeky and naughty! Once he got over his initial nervousness (this was Chris' first ever con!), Chris was quite flirty and teasing on stage and someone asked a question about Todd's relationship with Sheppard or some such and Chris just laughed and said he'd have to come out and admit that Sheppard and Todd were in a "relationship" and then added cheekily that Joe's a very good kisser!

Funny that he complains... I thought I heard that he LOVES the physical acting. LOL
        He only complains about the sudden jerking about kinda stunts etc - see explanation below!

Hi San - glad to hear you are feeling better. I think we need to ask JF at Bedford about the stunts and repeat what BamBam said. Of course if Jason is there to disagree or add details, all the better!
        BamBam basically said that Joe is a very physical, athletic guy (and explained about the soccer games etc) but that he's not so much into sharp, sudden sort of motion like snapping off rapid punches etc in martial arts or that kind of thing - or the kind of motions that you need to brace yourself for (like being pulled rapidly backwards on a harness! ). BamBam said that he was deliberately pulling really hard on the wire on the DG stunt to pull Joe back into the crashmats, trying to freak Joe out, and RC was in on the joke by saying they needed another take etc, just to wind Joe up by making him do it again! He did say Joe did get a bit of whiplash from that stunt though and strain the muscles in his neck/shoulders a little.. but they told him to stop whining and he got over it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post

MAGGS......I like the siggy you picked from POCUS' stash. Verrrrry nice.

I am off to catch up.

IHS
          It is perfect isn't it. Cazzblade sent me a link as well - then I went and lost the note. I've asked to re-send. I think I'm going to get a little sig crazy. It is just too fun.

So many great fanfic recs. My bookmarks page is overflowing.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
            I would completely agree with that assessment. I definitely think Todd trust Sheppard more than the other way around. Todd doesn't seem as defensive around the Atlantians as they do around the Wraith. That to me shows a comfort level that Todd has achieved. He has been on his own and has needed to make some unorthodox alliances to survive. Sheppard has been betrayed too many times to truly trust Todd. I love the tension between the two and find that it works perfectly for me.

It is like a mini bit of Shep whump every time they meet!
            I think the events of - S5 spoiler
            Spoiler:
            TLT might have affected the way Shep feels about Todd. The fact that Todd was willing to crash the Daedalus, with all onboard, into the Asgaard facility was a little too much for Shep to overlook.

Sure go ahead. But I'd say it might be good to mention Kavan said that but might not be informed about the situation or things might have changed? I'd hate to get him into trouble. Not that I think Kavan would worry too much. He's a pretty upfront guy. You should have heard some of the things he said about Hewlett!
            JM probably already knows full well what was said and by whom.

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
            Well I'm still having trouble with my internet connection so I won't be asking tonight anyway. I'll ask in a couple of days if no one else has, I would just like an answer one way or the other before settling into a mood of righteous hysteria.
            Whenever you can. I know whatever you write will be perfect!

I was actually thinking about posting just a condolence of sorts.
            Spoiler:
            "Sorry to hear about the movie being so up in the air with the possibility of it not going forward. Glad you have other fish to fry."

Ok if you insist . It's about Search and Rescue, so I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler:
            David's a little, um, well, Kavan said he's... I can't use the word here because of the language filter. But he's a bit of a hypochondriac and well, he loses it frequently because he's highly strung and all and he's basically a baby! So, anyway, you know the bit in S and R when McKay and Lorne are trapped? Well some poor guy was tipping dust on them from way above and David looked up and got dust in his eye. And Kavan said he went beserk! Screaming his head off, going: 'Oh my GOD! MY EYE, MY EYE' and totally overreacting. He said it was hysterical! Apparently he's always like it. Which again, I knew anyway. David's totally adorable though and I love him how he is!

Joe, as Ali said, whines and gets told to shut up by BamBam. joe hurt his neck in one stunt on DG and Jason said 'emememememememem!' and called Joe a baby so he shut up!

Kavan and David are friends so Kavan said David will know what he's saying about him!
            We've heard enough other tidbits about DH to know that's him!

LOL about Joe! Maybe he just wants to be pampered!

Oh yeah, SGU has been picked up for 2 seasons.
            Figures...

for what it's worth, you didn't step on mine...

For sure!

*shoves soapbox back under the bed*

well, yeah. I guess i dont know much either because I assumed a new show, with new actors, new sets a team of writers... etc would be much more expensive (not to mention risky from a fail/success standpoint) than an SGA movie...

*shrugs*
            I can't write what I want. Not for mixed company.

Comment

Thanks for the updates Ali - enjoy the last party - and thanks for the explanation re JF and stunts! I've known a few guys who were good athletes but who had major trouble in my aikido class (and a couple of them were rugby players).
              Looks like the Thistle still has the same lovely carpeting!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the updates Ali - enjoy the last party - and thanks for the explanation re JF and stunts! I've known a few guys who were good athletes but who had major trouble in my aikido class (and a couple of them were rugby players).
                Looks like the Thistle still has the same lovely carpeting!
                After seeing BamBam's stunt show and his explanation of the fight scenes and demonstration of how fights are co-ordinated, rehearsed and set up I can well understand why Joe doesn't do them; he just wouldn't have enough time to rehearse it. Rachel and Jason don't have a lot to do on screen and can practice a lot. Joe can't. And Joe isn't that good at it either! (He does admit that himself though.)
                sigpic

Comment

Nah! Don't be daft!

It is very annoying about SGU for me, as a fan of Atlantis. I want Atlantis, not SGU and I do feel SGA has been royally shafted

But, I do understand MGM's motivation from a business sense. I don't like it, but I do get it.
                  Thanks for the info Linzi.. sounds like you had a great time.

I'm not at all surprised about the news on the SGA movie... I have even less hope now that it will ever happen.. as for MGM I think starting up a new show with new actors and a very different premise is much riskier in this present economic climate than sticking with something that was doing well and was pretty lucrative for MGM.... they are putting all their money into SGU and I honestly believe if it does well SGA will be forgotten about, and all the attention will be keeping SGU on the air.

Strangely enough I think if SGU was to tank then we may get more movies as this would really be the only option left to the ptb to keep the franchise alive and to pull back some existing fans.... though if SGU has been promised 2 seasons I don't think this bodes well for SGA as I don't see an SGA movie being made while SGU is on the air.. if there is any money left in the kitty it will go to SG1... as SG1 always seems to get favoured over SGA..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                    I think the events of - S5 spoiler
                    Spoiler:
                    TLT might have affected the way Shep feels about Todd. The fact that Todd was willing to crash the Daedalus, with all onboard, into the Asgaard facility was a little too much for Shep to overlook.
                    Yes. I think so. Sheppard is a protective and loyal man to his men and colleagues. Trust isn't earned easily. You mess with his people, he won't forgive you or ever trust you again, IMO.

JM probably already knows full well what was said and by whom.
                    You're probably right there. Kavan is a lovely guy though and I'd hate him to be on the end of some JM snark. I think he could take it though

Whenever you can. I know whatever you write will be perfect!

I was actually thinking about posting just a condolence of sorts.
                    Spoiler:
                    "Sorry to hear about the movie being so up in the air with the possibility of it not going forward. Glad you have other fish to fry."
                    Actually, I do feel sorry for JM and PM. They've been rather shafted too, IMO JM has wound me up at times, after all, I am a Sheppard fan, but he's not all bad.

We've heard enough other tidbits about DH to know that's him!
                    Oh, I know. I do like David though. He's so easy to talk to and has a great sense of humour and is really British in that sense, IMO. I think he's a good laugh and very talented. But he is a bit of a girl, so Kavan says!

LOL about Joe! Maybe he just wants to be pampered!
                    I think he does. But he's very, very manly. HEHE!

Figures...
                    I had heard that SGU had been picked up for 2 seasons, but it was nice to have it confirmed. Not that I'm happy about it particularly though
                    I can't write what I want. Not for mixed company.

Snicker, snicker!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ali, Linzi, that you for the details! I can't wait for the full con reports - hint, hint! Ali, you look fabulous!

After seeing BamBam's stunt show and his explanation of the fight scenes and demonstration of how fights are co-ordinated, rehearsed and set up I can well understand why Joe doesn't do them; he just wouldn't have enough time to rehearse it. Rachel and Jason don't have a lot to do on screen and can practice a lot. Joe can't. And Joe isn't that good at it either! (He does admit that himself though.)
                      I agree. Being athletic doesn't mean a person is good at all physical activities. Whiplash is not fun!

Comment

Ali, Linzi, that you for the details! I can't wait for the full con reports - hint, hint! Ali, you look fabulous!

I agree. Being athletic doesn't mean a person is good at all physical activities. Whiplash is not fun!
                        Whiplash is awful. I suffered it after a car crash and my neck and jaw just aren't the same now! *Whines like a baby* Wraithfoddar did a great little TDO ficcie about Sheppy and whiplash, as I remember!
                        sigpic

Comment

All the con reports are so fun to read. What lucky souls you all are. Thanks for giving us all such great detail. No tidbit is too small.

Alipeeps - great costume.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            Thanks for the info Linzi.. sounds like you had a great time.

I'm not at all surprised about the news on the SGA movie... I have even less hope now that it will ever happen.. as for MGM I think starting up a new show with new actors and a very different premise is much riskier in this present economic climate than sticking with something that was doing well and was pretty lucrative for MGM.... they are putting all their money into SGU and I honestly believe if it does well SGA will be forgotten about, and all the attention will be keeping SGU on the air.

Strangely enough I think if SGU was to tank then we may get more movies as this would really be the only option left to the ptb to keep the franchise alive and to pull back some existing fans.... though if SGU has been promised 2 seasons I don't think this bodes well for SGA as I don't see an SGA movie being made while SGU is on the air.. if there is any money left in the kitty it will go to SG1... as SG1 always seems to get favoured over SGA..
                            I had a brilliant time, thanks, Blue. Whumpers are great dancers! Well, most are... I'm not though! Listy is the star there!

I have such mixed emotions about SGA and SGU. I'm angry, hurt and a little irritated. But I do understand the financial situation - after all MGM is a business. I just wish TPTB had spent as much time developing SGA as they seem to have SGU! I just get the impression SGA is viewed as an inferior child in every way. I liked SG1. Especially the early seasons. I watched SGA because of that. But I ADORED SGA. I am passionate about it, even when I've been sorely let down or disappointed. I feel so sad it's gone.

The movie situation worries me very much. I so want some more Sheppy whump and good Sheppy stuff and I'll be bitterly disappointed if season 5 was the end of SGA forever.

On the plus side, I watched S and R at the con and enjoyed it so much! IMO, when Martin Gero writes a good season opener, goodness he excels at it. I adore S and R and think it's one of Gero's best eppies. Along with The Storm/Eye and Sieges I and III. I mean, sure I don't like some of his eppies but boy, he sure whumps Sheppy good and proper every now and then! I can't deny I admire his writing skills too.. except in one eppie which shall remain nameless!
                            Last edited by Linzi; 25 January 2009, 12:38 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maggs View Post
                              All the con reports are so fun to read. What lucky souls you all are. Thanks for giving us all such great detail. No tidbit is too small.

Alipeeps - great costume.
                              You're most welcome!

Alipeeps' costume was wonderful. She made a very graceful Teyla. She was a little tall, but I think Teyla might have been hopped up on wraithy juice because of the pregnancy and had a growth spurt upwards!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                All the guests have been fab and it's been a great fun con.. still got the last party to go tonight. Today's been great as because I won the sides in the auction I got to go into the autograph room again today and get it signed by everyone (so talk to them all again) and they were all lovely and chatting with me and e.g. Paul wrote on the sides, when he signed it, "Good luck with the wee one!"
                                that´s really nice

For those who asked, me as pregnant Teyla!

Spoiler:
                                http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/AliTeyla.jpg

The wig seems to have slipped back a little bit in this photo so doesn't look quite right...
                                nice costume!

Everyone laughed and I heard one of the guys at the table (it might have been BamBam say, "Now that's method acting!"

He was being very cheeky and naughty! Once he got over his initial nervousness (this was Chris' first ever con!), Chris was quite flirty and teasing on stage and someone asked a question about Todd's relationship with Sheppard or some such and Chris just laughed and said he'd have to come out and admit that Sheppard and Todd were in a "relationship" and then added cheekily that Joe's a very good kisser!
                                how cute

He only complains about the sudden jerking about kinda stunts etc - see explanation below!

BamBam basically said that Joe is a very physical, athletic guy (and explained about the soccer games etc) but that he's not so much into sharp, sudden sort of motion like snapping off rapid punches etc in martial arts or that kind of thing - or the kind of motions that you need to brace yourself for (like being pulled rapidly backwards on a harness! ). BamBam said that he was deliberately pulling really hard on the wire on the DG stunt to pull Joe back into the crashmats, trying to freak Joe out, and RC was in on the joke by saying they needed another take etc, just to wind Joe up by making him do it again! He did say Joe did get a bit of whiplash from that stunt though and strain the muscles in his neck/shoulders a little.. but they told him to stop whining and he got over it.
                                Ouch
                                that´s rather nasty though
                                Bring on the Shep whump but leave Joe outta this, poor guy!

And I probably look like a bad whumper now
                                Well, guess it´s part of the job

question re con: Do they always show an ep?

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                                picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Working...
                                X