No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey whumpers!!! Long time no post. Just dealing with RL.

Happy Bday Sherry!!!

JF in Chicago!!!! Wow!! Yay for those going!!! What great timing Strey!!!

SGAFan - sorry RL and your muse are giving you a hard time. I will wait patiently for Cold Silence to be done. I still have half of Rhymer's fic to finish and lots of others to keep me busy -- whenever I can find time to read again. As to what I like to read, I like to read just about anything. I like to keep in touch with Atlantis in anyway I can. Well, I guess I should really say, anything well written.

IHS I'm glad Hubby realized his mistake. They sometimes just need a bit of nudging to make the right choices.
    sigpic

Comment

Good evening whumpers,

not able to catch up, but I decided to catch up the last page instead....I hope I did not miss something important from the rest....

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
      I would love to go to Chicago, as I said earlier. I'd have to move my trip to see the family, which is doable. However, I need to buy the ticket (about $1100 - $1250) and I sorely need to replace my computer. Until I know whether I'll continue to have a job, I just don't dare. *whimper*
      Originally posted by prion View Post
      well, il think the gold ticket is out of hte question. just too friggin expensive. i don't know. gotta see what the economy brings this year. this is definitely an extravagent thing to do. i'd love to see Joe again, but gah, the price would be very high.

Indeed! I mean, for a minute I was considering to go, but it did not take me a lot to realized I was...crazy (well...the idea of meeting Joe, can make you see things!!! and loose your mind).
      But nuh! just imagine, for me it would be....like 210 000 USD!!!! (only plane, golden ticket and hotel room).

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
      Mooooo

Hey! I want to read it. I haven't started reading yet, but I've heard such good things about and and love your work!!
      Hi Lorr! I'm off to catch up, but still I would like to know what fic would that be...

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
      So, I have an interesting question for you all. I already know you all love reading Whump, thats a given! But what else? Do you like reading stories that go different directions than whump? Team? Action? Humor? Character Study? AU? ITs just a point of curiousity with me becuase personally, I like to read all kinds (except slash... got nothing against people that like it, just not my cup o' tea ) and I also like to write a lot of different types of stories.

Just curious...
      As for me, I'm pretty new at all this, I started to read my first fic just some months ago...but since then, I'm always reading something, always. I'm a fast reader only when it is about shep whump fics. and I've not stop.
      The last Secret Santa's fics was my fisrt contact with slash.....and I did not like it (nothing against it, just not my type).

So, I have to admit I only love shep whump fics but I ocassionaly read the shep whumpers non-shep whumping material, just because I already know they are good writters.

Comment

Originally posted by Strey View Post
        My first con! Everrr! Do you have a roomie? Whumpers gotta stick together! Confirm your seat #, and I'll request an adjacent one asap. OMG - still gaga...
        Wow. So far, Joe, Amanda Tapping and Paul McGillion. Sweet. It would be beyond wonderful if Rachel Luttrell, David Hewlett and Jason Momoa sign up. Anyone from SGA. David Nykl. Robert Picardo. The team... guh... *sigh* The rapport... *double sigh with a side of drool*
        Better book a hotel room, right? It'll fill up quick, right? (Newbie, hello?!)
        I've met Paul, David N., Jason and Chuck and they are so nice and a lot of fun.

Anyone want a roomie for Chicago? Just called the hotel, and it's $106 plus tax per room, 4 people, max 6 with trundle/rollaway beds. Heck, I've slept in train luggage racks before now. Having said that - been there, done that - would prefer an actual comfy bed. I'll book soon - they tell me there's time - but, it'd be good to know that a room can be split. Any takers? Huh? I don't snore!
        I may possibly need a roomie. Not sure yet. I will let you know. You can always make a reservation to hold a room and cancel 2 days before the con. That's what I did. I got a double room. They won't charge your card till you check in.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

Happy Bday Sherry!!!

JF in Chicago!!!! Wow!! Yay for those going!!! What great timing Strey!!!
        *waves* Hi Pocus. Thanks for the b-day wishes. I'm super excited about JF too.
        sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
        &
        AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

(((hugs))) Sherry!!! Great to see you around!! I am thrilled you will be getting to meet JF.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
            I've met Paul, David N., Jason and Chuck and they are so nice and a lot of fun.

I may possibly need a roomie. Not sure yet. I will let you know. You can always make a reservation to hold a room and cancel 2 days before the con. That's what I did. I got a double room. They won't charge your card till you check in.

*waves* Hi Pocus. Thanks for the b-day wishes. I'm super excited about JF too.
            Good to know. Will make that reservation asap. I'm happy to share, and would love to share with whumpers who don't snore! (My bottom line.)
            sigpic

Comment

Good to know. Will make that reservation asap. I'm happy to share, and would love to share with whumpers who don't snore! (My bottom line.)
              hey Strey!

I did PM you.

Comment

SGAFan - sorry RL and your muse are giving you a hard time. I will wait patiently for Cold Silence to be done. I still have half of Rhymer's fic to finish and lots of others to keep me busy -- whenever I can find time to read again. As to what I like to read, I like to read just about anything. I like to keep in touch with Atlantis in anyway I can. Well, I guess I should really say, anything well written.
                *waves back at Pocus* good to see you!

Thanks. Wrote a bit more on the chapter tonight. pushing the muse some. I think it will be the last chapter, but not done whumping... yet
                sigpic
                My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

(((hugs))) Sherry!!! Great to see you around!! I am thrilled you will be getting to meet JF.
                  Me too!!!!

I'm not sure if I snore. I have roomed with gategeek and prion. So you would have to ask them.
                  sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                  &
                  AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Now I have to think about going to Chicago! Sounds like quite a few whumpers will be going!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                      Me too!!!!

I'm not sure if I snore. I have roomed with gategeek and prion. So you would have to ask them.
                      Guess I should just go ahead and book, then. If anyone wants to share a room with a first-time con goer who doesn't do RL snore whump, do let me know.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                        *waves back at Pocus* good to see you!

Thanks. Wrote a bit more on the chapter tonight. pushing the muse some. I think it will be the last chapter, but not done whumping... yet
                        Yay for more whump!!! Keep pushing that muse, but don't whump the whump muse. That might not be good. Feed it nice chocolate and soothe its feet with fuzzy slippers! (the slippers will keep it from running away too fast)

Well time for bed. Night all!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yay for more whump!!! Keep pushing that muse, but don't whump the whump muse. That might not be good. Feed it nice chocolate and soothe its feet with fuzzy slippers! (the slippers will keep it from running away too fast)

Good night Pocus!

Comment

hehehehe... will do. she's slowly coming around. kind of distracted.

but I did finish another story I've been working on for over a year.

g'night! Sleep well and thanks *hugs*
                            sigpic
                            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Well, time for me to toddle off. Another night of getting very little done on the fic.
                              Spoiler:
                              However, I did a test build on a new laptop. I did one at work today but it came in a little too expensive. I scaled it back a bit and am still happy with it. I may just order it tomorrow. Squee! I think my muse might be happier with a computer that runs better.

Goodnight!

Comment

*yawns* Morning! In a week I'll be in line for... *checks schedule* Alexis

Happy birthday Sherryw!!!

I did it! I did it! I did it! I gots me a gold package to Chicago! Eep! Anyone else going? Oh, Salty - thank you so much for posting that info. Tell me you're going!!!! OMG - my first con! Joe...
                                *passes out*
                                Awesome Strey! I'm very happy for you and the other whumpers who are going!

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                                San - sorry it didn´t work
                                me too

Love the picfic
                                Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                                Save Our Seeker!
                                LotS on LJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X