• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning whumpers!
    sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for S&R
      Spoiler:
      OMG I really did adore this ep, from start to almost finish I loved how the blood seeped through that crisp white shirt at the beginning and he regained consciousness to find himself trapped and in pain. Then for Ronon to pull out that piece of metal and see the effects was fantastic. I loved that Sheppard tried to get Ronon to leave him, saying he would leave him in the same situation, being so obvious that he really wouldn't.

The point when he is starting to get weaker and isn't really capable of trying to lift the beam anymore and resting his head on it *happy sigh*.

Also later when they realise its not Atlantis people digging them out and the whole shoot until you can't shoot anymore was awesome, really felt that they thought that was it, they were done for.

I really didn't object to them being beamed out at the last second, I know I said I didn't want that but we did get the trapped and being dug out so ending up getting beamed out wasn't so bad.

It was so amazing to see Sheppard actually look a bit worried/scared when Keller was patching him up, but it soon being replaced by the determination to save Teyla and the baby. Getting patched up long enough to complete a rescue mission.

Seeing him not able to plant the C4 and touching his wound and his hand coming away bloody. Wow so effective.

I adored Keller joking with Sheppard about playing with his insides, and Sheppards completely unimpressed expression, it was priceless

The only thing that bugged me *controls herself at the mention of bug* was that he was far too chipper before going to surgery, playing on his DS, he should have been attached to lots of monitoring equipment, he should have at least had a pre-med to make hims slightly fuddled and sleepy and he most definitely shouldn't have been able to twist around in the bed to talk to Teyla. Would have loved to have seen him actually go ino theatre. I Wonder how scared he would have been going in and if he managed to control his emotions and not show his fear at having his insides played with especially as the sedative took a hold and his control slipped away

*happy sigh* ............ I need to watch it again.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Interview with DH, this is the link to 4th page

Little bit with JF
      Spoiler:

"It's hard enough for us not to call each other by our own names! I mean, Joe keeps coming into scenes where he goes, "Rachel? Ah, damn!" And then we blame Rachel because we say she's not acting Teyla enough. Otherwise, we would have called her Teyla."

so cute!!! bless

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      Ditto. Thanks Ali!

Oh heck yes! 38 Minutes has been toppled for me! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I can't wait for The Seed too! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE again. I think we're the luckiest fans in the whole universe at the moment. Let's hope we keep feeling like that, because, I think as you said, GG, the bar has been set pretty high, hasn't it?

Oh, I got another season 4 dvd today, and I listened to the Outcast commentary. Well, I'm half way through. But AM and AM, , both say how wonderful Joe was in the eppie. Spoilers for the commentary.:
      Spoiler:
      That he was tremendous and always is, but especially so here. That he gave so much etc... And that in all the cuts from the very beginning, it was Joe's performance that really made the episode so wonderful, throughout all the cuts etc.

So, that made me really happy to hear!
      I agree the bar has been set very high, this season is like a whumpers dream, I feel very lucky to be a Shep whumper fan right now

Yay recognition for his awesome acting performance, its so nice that lately in the commentaries they are being more appreciative of his skills.

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      We don't have the boxset yet over here We get the individual discs over here first, and the deleted scenes are on the last disc, so I haven't yet got them.

However, I did just hear something very interesting on the commentary for Outcast about the dead and buried Hexed. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
      Alan McCullough says that Hexed had Sheppard on Earth and that they were bringing back Dylan Neal who played Dave for it.
      Now I want it to have been made even more!
      I want that ep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
      OH MAN I WANNA SEE THE SEED PREVIEW NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

well actually i want the whole ep right now heh

ahem...well ill want this week to go quickly anyway (1st interview on friday....can you believe i actually have 3 job interviews now, one this week and 2 the next...crazy!!!)

Im so glad people have seen SR now...so we can all squeeeeee together!!!!!
      yay for job interviews, I hope you do really well and get to have a choice of which one to take

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
      I've been watching the promo *cough* afewtimes *cough* and all I can say is omg is it next friday yet!!!?? I don't know much about this season. I'll read a spoiler if it falls in my lap, I'm not a spoilerphobe, but I'm not seeking out stuff either. If something is too much and I see people saying that, I stay away from it. But I did know the premise for seed from reading the episode synopsis on tvguide's listing. Still the promo was far yummier than I'd anticipated! I only mind promos when they blatantly give away the 'big reveal'. Then it's irritating.
      I am kind of the same, I am not spoiler free but I am not off looking for them either. If its there I read it. I do wish I had the will power to be spoiler free, I do think I would enjoy it, but I just can't do it, I can't resist the spoiler buttons I resisted the promo until this morning but that was only because I was off drinking with friends. Linz sent me an email to tell me about the promo and it came through to my phone. Pretty funny sight, mobile phone in one hand, cocktail in the other, a little bit tipsy and not being able to stop myself from squeeing out loud (my friends don't know I am a whumper so try explaining why you are so excited about an email) obviously being a true professional I managed to hold onto my drink and not even spill a drop, but I did have the overwhelming urge to run off and find a pc so I could see it and squeee in private

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
      Okay so I just got to talk about this one...

What follows is a spoiler for the Seed but only what was revealed via the promo, I don't have any other information for this episode but I can't help but speculate on an idea that popped into my head.

Spoiler:
      I wonder if Carson uses John as a guinea pig for a cure? It looks like it's some kind of wraith infection and we know John carries wraith dna (or rna, whatever it is) from when he was infected with the retrovirus...so maybe that scene of sheppard on the bed is when carson is trying out a treatment?

I'm so excited, this episode just looks good period! I love episodes like these. TR was a favorite of mine too.
      guh *thud* WHUMPER DOWN!!!!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Hmm. I'm rather conflicted about what to do over the promos. I've never been spoiler-free before... and, not being in the US, I don't autmomatically get to see the promo after the ep. So.... do I stay completely pure and know nothing about the next ep before I go into it or do I watch (and squee over) the promos and hope Skiffy don't spoil too much of the plot with them?
      IMHO if you can resist, then I would, I don't regret looking at any spoilers but I do think that maybe the enjoyment is more if you aren't spoiled, I just really don't have the will power to not look, I am however going to try to not look at quite as much stuff as normal, but not sure if that will last

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Oooh, that would be cool!

However, I did some screencaps, so for anybody who doesn't mind seeing caps and a totally irrerevant viewpoint of the episode, check out

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/218184.html
      you loon don't ever change. So glad these are back I missed them

Gah. That one little scene... (oh you KNOW the one I mean! ) goes by FAAAAR too quickly! I may have had to replay that bit one or two times.... or more...
      who woul dhave thought a few seconds could make us that happy

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
      I like it! And as I was just pottering around on Amazon, noticing how they sell everything now, they should start offering whump, too:

Your basket: Heroic staggering (our price: 19.99 - you save 4.23!); blurry vision (4.75); noble self-sacrifice (pre-order: available November 8th); anxious team-mates (boxed set of three: 49.99); infirmary sheets (3.99 each. Pink. Others colours temporarily out of stock due to unprecedented demand)
      Proceed to checkout? (Order by 11 a.m. to guarantee delivery of all in-stock items by Monday 14th July)

Customers who viewed items in your basket also viewed:
      Mopping kit for fevered brow; intubation; disappearing from infirmary to go off and do something heroic despite injuries (item temporarily missing); Wraith feeding; halos (pack of 10)
      *frantically presses "add to basket" and gets 2 just incase*

Comment

Oh wow. That is an awesome thought. And, daft as it sounds, I'd really never stopped and thought about it like that. Although we know it's not real and it's all acting, it's so convincing and powerful that I've never even stopped to think about the real life logistics of it - that it's simply Chris putting his hand on Joe's chest and *all the rest* is Joe's incredible acting! Guh! Wow!
        I have to say I totally agree, I have never thought about it either and now I have it totally blows me away how gifted actors really are. To be able to do that with really nothing to act against is impressive. JF is such a talented actor.

Well I gave in and watched it. It did spoil me a teeny tiny bit I guess in that I knew nothing before about what the plot of the episode was. But it's not hugely spoilerish and I don't think it'll ruin things for me to know the very simple basic premise of
        Spoiler:
        Keller infected by an alien organism.
        That said, I think I'd prefer not to watch promos in the future. I find I really rather like not knowing at all what to expect.

It was worth watching to be able to join in the squeeeeee over that teeny tiny clip though and it's made me incredibly excited for next week's ep!

Oh it really is! I've never been spoiler-free in an active fandom before (one where the show is still airing brand new eps) and I've been quite surprised to find how determined I've become to stay spoiler-free and to go into eps not knowing what to expect, and how (mostly) easy I've found it to resist temptation and spoiler tags. I haven't particularly missed being able to join in the spoiler discussion and speculation and I am SO excited at the thought of watching episodes and being surprised by what happens!

I don't mind on this one occasion knowing the basic premise of the plot for The Seed but in general I think I'm going to steer clear of promos too in the future (unless you tell me there's one I should really watch and that it's safe! ) and enjoy being totally surprised by the eps.
        I have to say I admire your will power not to click on things. I think its very hard to stay completely spoiler free if you are active in fandom, you are always going to pick up bits and bobs about an ep, but to be able to resist those lovely spoiler buttons, is something that eludes me

Congrats on 5700, SanGate

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
          I like it! And as I was just pottering around on Amazon, noticing how they sell everything now, they should start offering whump, too:

Your basket: Heroic staggering (our price: 19.99 - you save 4.23!); blurry vision (4.75); noble self-sacrifice (pre-order: available November 8th); anxious team-mates (boxed set of three: 49.99); infirmary sheets (3.99 each. Pink. Others colours temporarily out of stock due to unprecedented demand)
          Proceed to checkout? (Order by 11 a.m. to guarantee delivery of all in-stock items by Monday 14th July)

Customers who viewed items in your basket also viewed:
          Mopping kit for fevered brow; intubation; disappearing from infirmary to go off and do something heroic despite injuries (item temporarily missing); Wraith feeding; halos (pack of 10)
          So if I order now what will they throw in for the same low, low price(oh wait that's the infomercial version of Whump, hmm wonder if thats the same quality whump as Amazon sells )

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
          *hangs head in shame* I caved.. I caved and watched the promo.. Not sure what to think of it.. I did like a certain moment (you all know which one I mean ), but a certain other thing makes me wonder..

*walks off, head down*
          *nods then hugs SanGate* Its okay to cave once in a while we all do it from time to time!
          Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
            I second that! Maybe get that on the side?

Congrats SanGate!!!
            Thanks

Originally posted by Listy View Post
            I have to say I totally agree, I have never thought about it either and now I have it totally blows me away how gifted actors really are. To be able to do that with really nothing to act against is impressive. JF is such a talented actor.
            ITA he really plays with nothing in that feeding scene doesn't he. Yup, it just hit me as well. Wow, very impressive acting!

I have to say I admire your will power not to click on things. I think its very hard to stay completely spoiler free if you are active in fandom, you are always going to pick up bits and bobs about an ep, but to be able to resist those lovely spoiler buttons, is something that eludes me

Congrats on 5700, SanGate
            Thanks

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
            So if I order now what will they throw in for the same low, low price(oh wait that's the infomercial version of Whump, hmm wonder if thats the same quality whump as Amazon sells )

*nods then hugs SanGate* Its okay to cave once in a while we all do it from time to time!
            Aw thanks *hugs back* Yeah I guess. But something inside me says this won't be the only time this season. We're only one ep on of course
            Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
            Save Our Seeker!
            LotS on LJ.

Comment

Completely agree, so staying clear with you Ali!

oh thank you Didn't even know myself
              you´re welcome

They are getting kinda creepy now SAF
              Really?! Sorry!
              Spoiler:
              BOO!!!!!

I caved, so no need for taking off your hat
              I meant for future *ahem* yeah, maybe we shouldn´t count the chickens right now

*whispers through teeth* Haven't seen that one yet
              Oh, you should. He´s so cute in that one. Although, it´s not quite up with SGA or Thoughtcrimes (to me) because it´s a rather quiet movie.

Spoilers for S&R
              Spoiler:
              OMG I really did adore this ep, from start to almost finish I loved how the blood seeped through that crisp white shirt at the beginning and he regained consciousness to find himself trapped and in pain. Then for Ronon to pull out that piece of metal and see the effects was fantastic. I loved that Sheppard tried to get Ronon to leave him, saying he would leave him in the same situation, being so obvious that he really wouldn't.

The point when he is starting to get weaker and isn't really capable of trying to lift the beam anymore and resting his head on it *happy sigh*.

Also later when they realise its not Atlantis people digging them out and the whole shoot until you can't shoot anymore was awesome, really felt that they thought that was it, they were done for.

I really didn't object to them being beamed out at the last second, I know I said I didn't want that but we did get the trapped and being dug out so ending up getting beamed out wasn't so bad.

It was so amazing to see Sheppard actually look a bit worried/scared when Keller was patching him up, but it soon being replaced by the determination to save Teyla and the baby. Getting patched up long enough to complete a rescue mission.

Seeing him not able to plant the C4 and touching his wound and his hand coming away bloody. Wow so effective.

I adored Keller joking with Sheppard about playing with his insides, and Sheppards completely unimpressed expression, it was priceless

The only thing that bugged me *controls herself at the mention of bug* was that he was far too chipper before going to surgery, playing on his DS, he should have been attached to lots of monitoring equipment, he should have at least had a pre-med to make hims slightly fuddled and sleepy and he most definitely shouldn't have been able to twist around in the bed to talk to Teyla. Would have loved to have seen him actually go ino theatre. I Wonder how scared he would have been going in and if he managed to control his emotions and not show his fear at having his insides played with especially as the sedative took a hold and his control slipped away

ITA!!! On all of it!!!

I agree the bar has been set very high, this season is like a whumpers dream, I feel very lucky to be a Shep whumper fan right now

Yay recognition for his awesome acting performance, its so nice that lately in the commentaries they are being more appreciative of his skills.
              Yeah, me too! That was seriously lacking in earlier seasons , so I´m glad they finally came to their senses!!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
              picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Spoilers for S&R
                Spoiler:

S&R
                Spoiler:

I loved the Ronon & Shep scenes in rubble! Bless Ronon's big heart! There was absolutely no way he was gonna leave Shep behind, no matter how much Shep tried to convince him. The whole changing the "deal" thing was so funny. And when Shep was trying to convince Ronon...all weak and breathy and bloody and...*ahem*...when Ronon started digging to loosen the rubble around the beam...and Shep said "Wrong way chief" so cute.
                Loved the brotherly bond these two have formed.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                  you´re welcome

Really?! Sorry!
                  Spoiler:
                  BOO!!!!!
                  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *runs around screaming across the thread*

Oh geez SAF, please don't ever do that again.. you got me scared there..

I was actually loling

I meant for future *ahem* yeah, maybe we shouldn´t count the chickens right now

Oh, you should. He´s so cute in that one. Although, it´s not quite up with SGA or Thoughtcrimes (to me) because it´s a rather quiet movie.
                  *writes down that movie* Yeah, I loved Joe in Tc, thought he did an excellent job *scoobie-doobie-doo where are you* Okay, now that's stuck in my head for the entire evening
                  Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                  Save Our Seeker!
                  LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
                    S&R
                    Spoiler:

I loved the Ronon & Shep scenes in rubble! Bless Ronon's big heart! There was absolutely no way he was gonna leave Shep behind, no matter how much Shep tried to convince him. The whole changing the "deal" thing was so funny. And when Shep was trying to convince Ronon...all weak and breathy and bloody and...*ahem*...when Ronon started digging to loosen the rubble around the beam...and Shep said "Wrong way chief" so cute.
                    Loved the brotherly bond these two have formed.
                    It was such a good scene

Comment

Oh my. All this discussion is making me seriously need to go and rewatch CG! I may even have to actually unwrap my Season 3 DVDs so I can watch it on the TV!

I've actually done remarkably well in not picking up any info, despite being in an active fandom. Thankfully most people, especially in the threads I hang in, are pretty good at spoilering properly and at labelling their spoilers and I've developed a good talent for, if I do inadvertently run across something, kinda squinting and getting the heck out of there before it has chance to really take root in my memory!

I honestly know only teeny tiny very vague bits about a couple of episodes -even though I still read JM's blog (I tend not to read the comments much; Joe's pretty good at not revealing too much but the fans can get a bit carried away in the comments ).
                      sigpic

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *runs around screaming across the thread*

Oh geez SAF, please don't ever do that again.. you got me scared there..

I was actually loling

*writes down that movie* Yeah, I loved Joe in Tc, thought he did an excellent job *scoobie-doobie-doo where are you* Okay, now that's stuck in my head for the entire evening

You know there´s actually a funny side-story to Thoughtcrimes -
                        Spoiler:
                        I LOATHE Scoobie Doo (sorry ) so couldn´t stop myself from rolling my eyes when he started that song. And later that same evening, during preps for dinner, I started humming it and my bf (who has never watched TC but LOVES Scoobie Doo and rented the dumb movie ) gave me the same annoyed look, saying "So, you gave Scoobie Doo a try without me then?"

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                        picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Well, my lawn is mowed

my laundry is started

Popcorn is popping

Hubby is off helping a friend build a walkway
                          I guess I shouldn't snicker at how much that smiley does look like my hubby!!!

Guess what I'm going to do now!

A) Mop the kitchen floor
                          B) Watch Search and Rescue
                          C) Paint the trim for the bathroom
                          D) Take a nap

Spoiler:
                          If you picked A or C then You don't know me very well.
                          If you picked D then
                          If you picked B (which is always the one to pick when in doubt) then

Here is for all the spoiler free

My watching commences in about 10 minutes so if anyone would like to join me for a group watch -- Yeah. If not, then I will quietly be glued to my tv set.

**huggles the DVR**
                          sigpic

Comment

Me thinks you are gonna C) Paint the trim for the bathroom
                            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

No chocolate for you young lady!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post

You know there´s actually a funny side-story to Thoughtcrimes -
                                Spoiler:
                                I LOATHE Scoobie Doo (sorry ) so couldn´t stop myself from rolling my eyes when he started that song. And later that same evening, during preps for dinner, I started humming it and my bf (who has never watched TC but LOVES Scoobie Doo and rented the dumb movie ) gave me the same annoyed look, saying "So, you gave Scoobie Doo a try without me then?"
                                That is funny! I don't really like Scooby Doo either. I always knew who did it. And don't even get me started on those live action movies which I must admit I have attempted. But the song is sooo catchy

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                Well, my lawn is mowed [img]http://bestsmileys.com/working/10.gif

my laundry is started [img]http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/4.gif

Popcorn is popping [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/smilies/party0029.gif

Hubby is off helping a friend build a walkway http://bestsmileys.com/working/1.gif
                                I guess I shouldn't snicker at how much that smiley does look like my hubby!!!

Guess what I'm going to do now!

A) Mop the kitchen floor http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/2.gif
                                B) Watch Search and Rescue http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../dancepuff.gif
                                C) Paint the trim for the bathroom [img]http://bestsmileys.com/working/6.gif
                                D) Take a naphttp://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/smilies/goingtobed.gif

Spoiler:
                                If you picked A or C then http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ino_11_2kb.gif You don't know me very well.
                                If you picked D then http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../pillfight.gif
                                If you picked B (which is always the one to pick when in doubt) then http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ies/foryou.gif

Here is for all the spoiler free
                                http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../chocolate.jpg

My watching commences in about 10 minutes so if anyone would like to join me for a group watch -- Yeah. If not, then I will quietly be glued to my tv set.

**huggles the DVR**
                                Thanks for the flowers and the chocs or should I give me choc back because I watched the promo.. *puts choc quickly in mouth and starts chewing*
                                Save Our Seeker!
                                LotS on LJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X