X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlie24 View Post
    My rather rambling thought on Vegas.
    Spoiler:

I loved this episode - helped by my love of CSI and love of AUs and the soundtrack. I adored JF in this - not just in the GUH OMG look at the scruff, open shirt and glasses way but in the way he played AU!Shep down on his luck and bitter it was Shep but not.

I liked that Robert Cooper wrote this episode rather than JM etc because I don't think they could have done either the story or shep (or JF for that matter ) justice.
    the scene where Shep quit hardly any dialogue - Joe played it fantastically you could see what he was doing. I am not sure that other writers would have allowed the scene to play that way and wouldn't have put dialogue in.

I liked the Rodney in this AU more suave, more people skills, he knew what buttons to push and how to get to John and he was still a genius.
    Also Todd - going mad and quoting poetry, (would love to know how they caught Todd) but still had a dynamic with Sheppard.

As for did he live or die at the end, I think he died. it was redemption - for Shep getting back some sense of honour and saving the world perhaps proving that he was the type of person Rodney thought he was.
    That said I am not adverse to reading any number of tags that happen to include last minute rescues.

The thing that irritates me as others have said is why did we have to wait until so long to get an ep about Shep and then an AU!Shep at that, and then we know more about him after an hour than in 5 seasons of regular Shep. What is it that makes 'our' Shep so difficult to write about?

Who on earth did Jewels makeup the blue eye shadow a little OTT

One thing about the casting for this - if they are going with 'special cameos' it really helps if you know who they are, I never watched the sopranos the only reason I know they are is because I read in online.

I would like to thank SGFAN for the pictures, especially the ones that appeared in response to the jeans question - very enlightening

You are making me feel peckish here I adore bacon and it has to be HP sauce hmmm

Thank you
    I've read some great tags already recced from here -thank you
    ITA on your thoughts about Vegas!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
      I find that all the time. Hence the reason I work out alone, at home with the blinds pulled! Im self conscious enough about my looks without reminders of how I don't look and have never been able to look even when I was in my 20s! *sigh*
      Well during the week I can go and the people there are a lot older and I feel a lot happier!

Originally posted by charlie24 View Post
      Congratulations
      I know I should loose weight but motivation is hard and like SGAFan much prefer my own home with no one else around.
      Thanks!

JF is good motivation though

Comment

JF is a motivator for many things!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats, SheppyD! That is an area I really need to get serious about. It would help so many of my health issues if nothing else!

I am so jealous of all you whumpers getting to see JF! I fear it is a once in a lifetime thing for me, and that was VanCon in 06. Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
            for sure!
            sigpic
            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
              Congrats, SheppyD! That is an area I really need to get serious about. It would help so many of my health issues if nothing else!

I am so jealous of all you whumpers getting to see JF! I fear it is a once in a lifetime thing for me, and that was VanCon in 06. Sigh
              It has not been that hard and Linzi has been a great 'diet buddy' - which really helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                He certainly is!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                  It has not been that hard and Linzi has been a great 'diet buddy' - which really helps!
                  thats what I need; a diet buddy. all my friends around here are thin and very pretty.
                  sigpic

Comment

Why thank you! You've been a wonderful inspiration too!
                    sigpic

Comment

thats what I need; a diet buddy. all my friends around here are thin and very pretty.
                      It really helps, IMO. Someone to spur you on and support you. SheppyD and I have both been working out a lot, so we're going to be the fittest we've ever been at a Con, I hope! And we haven't whumped ourselves too much! Yet.....

We only want to whump Sheppy!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well you can find online diet buddies!!! I am not thin and pretty - so maybe I could help!

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                        Why thank you! You've been a wonderful inspiration too!
                        Well I wouldnt have done it without you!

Comment

Well you can find online diet buddies!!! I am not thin and pretty - so maybe I could help!

Well I wouldnt have done it without you!
                          Ditto!
                          sigpic

Comment

I may take you up on that! Can I join your diet brigade?
                            sigpic

Comment

I may take you up on that! Can I join your diet brigade?
                              You can indeed!!!!!

It sounds dull but it usually involves telling each other what we have eaten each day, if we have burned any calories and then how much we have lost! I joined a website where i log my food each day - nothing is off limits I just eat 1400 cals and try and burn 200 extra each day! Having people to tell these facts to really helps!!!!!

I have just agreed a challenge to lose 10 lbs by 14 Feb!!!!

Comment

Is it all using weights or body bars and stuff?
                                Essentially, yeah.. it's kinda like controlled weight lifting to music. You basically have a weights bar with a coupla weights on (it's mostly pretty light stuff) and will e.g. have the bar across your shoulders and be doing controlled squats and bends etc. There was also stuff using a step and lying on your back on the step and using hand weights to do arm raises and extensions etc and even some floor stuff doing like press-ups and tricep dips. I also remember some balance stuff - tipping the step on its end and holding onto it for balance and using one of those stretchy exercise bands around your ankles and doing sideways leg lifts etc. It's all slow, controlled repetitions, rather than high energy stuff like in an LBT class - tiring in its own way though and I did sometimes have to stop (e.g. on the arm exercises) as my muscles were shaking and I just couldn't do one more lift! . I used to really enjoy it, it was one of my favourite classes and one that I found really made a difference to my figure, because of the toning. Classes like LBT are great for cardio fat burning but Body Pump is fantastic for toning your muscles and improving your posture and figure. Really you need to be doing both - fat burning and toning - to get the best results.

P.S. Well done on your loss so far! That's fab! I had started back on my WW diet with a vengeance in August and was doing really well and had lost ½ a stone... and then got pregnant! Mind you, I'm still 5lb lighter than when I got pregnant - lost 10lb in the first trimester and still only put 5lb of that back on.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X