X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
    OT
    Spoiler:
    Is Body Pump hard? I was thinking of going on Thursday! Did Total Body Workout on Saturday, Torture today, doing Aerobics tomorrow and Legs Bums and Tums on Wednesday!

During todays class to keep me going I was repeating Joe Flanigan over and over again in me head thinking I would be getting all fit for Chevron (as if!)
    I hear you and Listy - I keep repeating 'photo with JF' when I want to indulge. There's a few pounds I'd like to shed in the next few weeks (oh the joys of being short).
    sigpic

Comment

OT
      Spoiler:
      Is Body Pump hard? I was thinking of going on Thursday! Did Total Body Workout on Saturday, Torture today, doing Aerobics tomorrow and Legs Bums and Tums on Wednesday!

During todays class to keep me going I was repeating Joe Flanigan over and over again in me head thinking I would be getting all fit for Chevron (as if!)
      I used to love Body Pump class when I had a gym membership when I worked in town. It's not high impact but it gives you a good workout and I found it great for toning. I used to do a killer BLT class once a week (it was knackering but would feel SO good afterwards!) and try and do Body Pump once a week or once every other week too, as well as going swimming and doing a few sessions on the cardio equipment and weights machines.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
        I hear you and Listy - I keep repeating 'photo with JF' when I want to indulge. There's a few pounds I'd like to shed in the next few weeks (oh the joys of being short).
        At least I have an excuse for being fat in this photo with JF!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          I used to love Body Pump class when I had a gym membership when I worked in town. It's not high impact but it gives you a good workout and I found it great for toning. I used to do a killer BLT class once a week (it was knackering but would feel SO good afterwards!) and try and do Body Pump once a week or once every other week too, as well as going swimming and doing a few sessions on the cardio equipment and weights machines.
          BLT? Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato? Now that's my kind of exercise plan... though I'd probably skip the lettuce and tomato.

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
            BLT? Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato? Now that's my kind of exercise plan... though I'd probably skip the lettuce and tomato.
            Sadly, I'm a purist when it comes to bacon butties - gotta be hot bacon in white bread and preferably with brown sauce. I don't like cold bacon and I don't like hot bacon with cold lettuce so BLTs are a no go.
            sigpic

Comment

At least I have an excuse for being fat in this photo with JF!
              I don't think fat is the right word when you're preggers, but I'm sure you will be glowing - and not just from being near JF!
              sigpic

Comment

Sadly, I'm a purist when it comes to bacon butties - gotta be hot bacon in white bread and preferably with brown sauce. I don't like cold bacon and I don't like hot bacon with cold lettuce so BLTs are a no go.

Yep, crispy bacon, fluffy white bread and HP sauce all the way. Yum!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                  Hey Whumpers!! My oh my youe are a chatty bunch about Vegas! Makes it easy to catch up as I'm skipping over all of it.

Could Shep have possibly been fixed wing certified before he joined the service? With all that money, I think he could easily have afforded pilot lessons and air time and well, as big a company (and money) his daddy had, I'm sure there was corporate or private jet somewhere. Could the military ban him from flying fixed wing on his own time? Could they take him up for a test flight in some fixed wings for double qualifications? Could Shep have switched "MOS" (officers don't have an MOS do they?)..from fixed to rotary and have certification for both types?

It would certainly be interesting to find out.
                  He could have flown private jets yes, but there's track you follow in the Air Force and its just not normal to go from jets to choppers. I used two AF pilots as my consultants when writing my fic concerning John's military background, but that I'm sure there's a lot of room for error.

And the best conclusion we came up with was he flew jets, rose the ranks, got shot down at some point and landed a cushy gig somewhere, possibly as an in instructor. Or kept doing back ops missions which would explain all the fixed wings he flew...then and this is a big 'leap' was able to train on choppers on his own time and was able to choose flying them in Afghanistan.

I kind of did a history of it here:

http://community.livejournal.com/sga...hon/26350.html

Not trying to pimp, its just easier to use this. lol

Though I'm always trying to find out more.
                  My fanfic-
                  http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

*sigh*

Sitting here home alone with only a twitching, kicking bubbin for company. After 2 lovely weeks of him being off work, hubby has gone back down to London for the week and won't be back till Friday evening. S'really wierd being on my own again after having had him around for so long. *sigh*
                    (((HUGS))) Enjoy it while you can!! Life will be non-stop all to soon.
                    Oh, a BLT done right is so yummy!

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                    Yep, crispy bacon, fluffy white bread and HP sauce all the way. Yum!
                    I never could take to HP sauce.

Originally posted by Kristen999 View Post
                    He could have flown private jets yes, but there's track you follow in the Air Force and its just not normal to go from jets to choppers. I used two AF pilots as my consultants when writing my fic concerning John's military background, but that I'm sure there's a lot of room for error.

And the best conclusion we came up with was he flew jets, rose the ranks, got shot down at some point and landed a cushy gig somewhere, possibly as an in instructor. Or kept doing back ops missions which would explain all the fixed wings he flew...then and this is a big 'leap' was able to train on choppers on his own time and was able to choose flying them in Afghanistan.

I kind of did a history of it here:

http://community.livejournal.com/sga...hon/26350.html

Not trying to pimp, its just easier to use this. lol

Though I'm always trying to find out more.
                    Thanks, I'll bookmark it! I knew it would be difficult to switch tracks, but I suppose there are exceptions. I wish TPTB had explained it at least to some point.

Comment

Well, I went searching for "Vegas" fanfic and found a bunch, so I compiled a list with links at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/287227.html

All contain Shep whump, of course. If there are any others out there, I'd love to know!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Well, I went searching for "Vegas" fanfic and found a bunch, so I compiled a list with links at

All contain Shep whump, of course. If there are any others out there, I'd love to know!
                        ooh, excellent! *bookmarks*
                        sigpic
                        My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                          I have lost 2 stone so far! But would like a miracle way of dropping another 2 by Chevron is that could be arranged

Is it all using weights or body bars and stuff?

I hated my LBT today. I find the weekend classes are full of really fit 20 year olds - not flabby 40 somethings

Comment

I hated my LBT today. I find the weekend classes are full of really fit 20 year olds - not flabby 40 somethings
                            I find that all the time. Hence the reason I work out alone, at home with the blinds pulled! Im self conscious enough about my looks without reminders of how I don't look and have never been able to look even when I was in my 20s! *sigh*
                            sigpic
                            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

My rather rambling thought on Vegas.
                              Spoiler:

I loved this episode - helped by my love of CSI and love of AUs and the soundtrack. I adored JF in this - not just in the GUH OMG look at the scruff, open shirt and glasses way but in the way he played AU!Shep down on his luck and bitter it was Shep but not.

I liked that Robert Cooper wrote this episode rather than JM etc because I don't think they could have done either the story or shep (or JF for that matter ) justice.
                              the scene where Shep quit hardly any dialogue - Joe played it fantastically you could see what he was doing. I am not sure that other writers would have allowed the scene to play that way and wouldn't have put dialogue in.

I liked the Rodney in this AU more suave, more people skills, he knew what buttons to push and how to get to John and he was still a genius.
                              Also Todd - going mad and quoting poetry, (would love to know how they caught Todd) but still had a dynamic with Sheppard.

As for did he live or die at the end, I think he died. it was redemption - for Shep getting back some sense of honour and saving the world perhaps proving that he was the type of person Rodney thought he was.
                              That said I am not adverse to reading any number of tags that happen to include last minute rescues.

The thing that irritates me as others have said is why did we have to wait until so long to get an ep about Shep and then an AU!Shep at that, and then we know more about him after an hour than in 5 seasons of regular Shep. What is it that makes 'our' Shep so difficult to write about?

Who on earth did Jewels makeup the blue eye shadow a little OTT

One thing about the casting for this - if they are going with 'special cameos' it really helps if you know who they are, I never watched the sopranos the only reason I know they are is because I read in online.

I would like to thank SGFAN for the pictures, especially the ones that appeared in response to the jeans question - very enlightening

You are making me feel peckish here I adore bacon and it has to be HP sauce hmmm

Originally posted by prion View Post

Thank you
                              I've read some great tags already recced from here -thank you

Comment

I have lost 2 stone so far! But would like a miracle way of dropping another 2 by Chevron is that could be arranged

Is it all using weights or body bars and stuff?

Congratulations
                                I know I should loose weight but motivation is hard and like SGAFan much prefer my own home with no one else around.

Comment

Working...
                                X