No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RoryJ, I was just thinking the same thing yesterday! You are so right. The only female I can think of who that doesn't apply to is
    Spoiler:

Cadman in "Duet" where he tells her to stop asking stupid questions and to be a good little girly and keep quiet, but I think that is mainly because she is actually in his head and she is behaving badly, and also from the beginning she doesn't seem to treat him with much respect, teasing him about his date with Katie Brown on a mission, aothough they don't seem to know each other very well. So in other words, I reckon she deserves it!
    Oh, and the way I understood that snapping at Weir in the lab in that episode was that when she said, "Rodney" he thought it was Cadman again and only realised it was Weir after he had snapped at her.
    Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
      Oh dear Arlessiar that really doesn't sound good.

See in one way it's great having these newer large hard drives but then when they play up or crash it means you lose so much more, my old computer was less then 4 GB, no seriously, if it had of crashed there was no room to lose much anyway but now 160 GB and more then half of that is used (don't ask how!!! ) I don't even want to think about recovering that much info.
      I've got a 190GB harddrive and thats got so much data on it that I'm not sure how to back it all up, all I can think of is getting an external harddrive, it seems to be the best way but I've got no money so I'm really paranoid about viruses atm I'd die if I lost all my photoshops

Arlessiar- I really hope that harddrive problem gets sorted out soon, I'm not sure how only one of the partitions stopped working, if it was a problem with the harddrive itself wouldn't both partitions have stopped working?

And to stay ontopic:

Rodney: Did I hear that right? Arlessiar's lost all her SGA episodes of ME?!!! Well that is just dispicable! Just give Sheppard five minutes with those harddrive manufacturers and he'll sort them out!

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

what was the pilot thing joe was in then? *is intrigued*

and just to stay on topic...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          Wow, I'd like to tag a big WORD to all of that.

My additional thoughts...
          Spoiler:

I wish there had been more fallout from "Trinity". I don't see the point of dragging a character down if you never get the chance to see them get back up. Rodney's mistake in Trinity and his subsequent loss of trust with both Shep and Weir were never mentioned after that ep - a complete waste.

I'm not trying to hog this thread, honest, but just like to add this before I forget how to do those spoiler tags again
          Spoiler:

And I haven't even seen Trinity yet, but I would have thought that Shep and Weir had made enough mistakes of their own in other episodes not to get caught in the "blame game". For instance, waking the Wraith, letting Ford get away (twice), to name a couple of Shep's.
          Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Oh, you guys and your pics of Rodney's backside. *sigh* I finally saw Treed Murray (Or Get Down as it's listed here). Not a bad movie as it kept my attention throughout. But don't you be stabbing lil Davie in the thigh!
            sigpic
            Sig by im_meli
            More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

You know, Catsitter? I was thinking the same thing about
              Spoiler:
              Cadman in "Duet" just after I posted (I was also thinking about how I wrote "mildstone" instead of "milestone", but that's beside the point . . .).

I think in that situation, you're right.
              Spoiler:
              There was another consciousness in his brain (and, I'll admit, and annoying one at times) who was making it difficult for him to concentrate. At this point she was incurring the wrath of McKay and pretty much had any degrading comments coming. Also, by the end of the episode, once she'd been with him for a while, Rodney was unwilling to let her sacrifice herself so that he could live and kept telling her to stop even considering it, which was a step in character development for him IMO. Even with concerns to Katie Brown, we know he was at least smooth enough to ask her out (I would have loved to see that scene), and by the time we see him talking with her, he's got another woman yapping away in his head telling him that he sucks at talking to women, so he has a right to be frazzled and nervous.
              I also agree with you about his reason for "snapping" at Elizabeth, but the fact that he instantly regrets it and apologizes is the important thing
              sigpic

Comment

Heehee, people just don't like it when you point out that maybe a thread has already been started with the same topic. Jeez people around here are touchy.
                No, someone redded you because of that? *sighs*
                you don't often pop by before work, get up too early?
                Normally I just look at my mails when I get up and see what's new on GW. What can I say, I'm addicted to this place, and since I'm not allowed to surf the net at work in my lunch break I check the thunk quickly in the morning. Most of the time I don't log in then, since I only have a few minutes for the net, but sometimes I can't resist, like today.
                Originally posted by FalseHope
                I really hope that harddrive problem gets sorted out soon, I'm not sure how only one of the partitions stopped working, if it was a problem with the harddrive itself wouldn't both partitions have stopped working?
                I'm asking myself the same question, I have no idea how that works or what the problem is.
                And I hope nothing bad will happen to your computer until you can buy that external harddrive to make backups of all your manips!
                Rodney: Did I hear that right? Arlessiar's lost all her SGA episodes of ME?!!! Well that is just dispicable! Just give Sheppard five minutes with those harddrive manufacturers and he'll sort them out!
                *g*

Ok, time for a goooood pic:

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific
                  what was the pilot thing joe was in then? *is intrigued*
                  I'm guessing from the "ripped off from the X-Files" comment that it's probably Thought Crimes that's being referred to.

It's actually not bad...
                  Spoiler:
                  Joe plays an NIA agent who ends up working with a girl who (unbeknownst to him - at first) is a psychic and can read people's thoughts. The show pretty much centres around her (the psychic) and Joe's character doesn't appear till about half way through but it's not a bad film (it was released as a film after not getting picked up as a pilot) and he's very good in it... and even gets whumped a little!

For the sake of topic - can't really repost these yummy promo pics too often:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                    For the sake of topic - can't really repost these yummy promo pics too often:
                    I agree, they're pretty yummy. I'm so happy about these pics, can't wait for more! More of the whole cast, but especially of McKay!

Bye, A., just watching football, USA-Czech Republic. Hmm, I guess Zelenka would be happy now

Comment

hi peeps! I was away all weekend at a friends house out of town. Introduced her to Atlantis - I think she likes it! She has one of those big wide screen HDTV's, it was very cool to watch SGA on it.

Arlessiar, I hope the problem with your harddrive is fixed soon. Yikes! I'm so sorry this happened. There's nothing like losing must have, important files! When my computer decides to go bonkers on occasion, I always wish RM were around to help. Gosh all this talk of failing hard drives is making me paranoid - time to make backups again!

teknikal - good to see you drop by.

Willow - stay warm

Originally posted by Mercury973
                      I finally saw Treed Murray (Or Get Down as it's listed here). Not a bad movie as it kept my attention throughout. But don't you be stabbing lil Davie in the thigh!
                      That was a good movie. Glad you got to see it.

from Intruder
                      Spoiler:

"Genius at work"

Or...

"Snark in progress"

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

ah thoughtcrimes yes very good film shame it wasnt made into a series but then atlantis would be very different if it had LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RoryJ
                          Spoiler:

I also agree with you about his reason for "snapping" at Elizabeth, but the fact that he instantly regrets it and apologizes is the important thing
                          Well, she is his boss. How would your boss take it if you snpped at them? I'm guessing not well.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                            Well, she is his boss. How would your boss take it if you snpped at them? I'm guessing not well.
                            Yes but she is not your regular boss look at Kavanaugh and her (oh and didn't she handle that well ), no McKay could say things but he doesn't. No secret I don't like Weir, but I have to say at least McKay seems to respect her and Teyla (Xena comment aside).

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific
                              ah thoughtcrimes yes very good film shame it wasnt made into a series but then atlantis would be very different if it had LOL
                              No it was Man Made and it was OK ish... Joe looked about 12! (he was in fact 30!) it was worth it just for the Flanigan hair.

*cough* Anyway Hewlett!

Yes up and just about to go to work I think we won the Soccer! Not sure but I think we may have!

I wish I had a cap of David kicking that soccer ball around in And never let
                              her go.

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars
                                I was away all weekend at a friends house out of town. Introduced her to Atlantis - I think she likes it!
                                Hehe, good work. And, did she like or hate McKay?
                                I think we won the Soccer! Not sure but I think we may have!
                                You did, and it was a great game!

Bye, A.

Comment

Working...
                                X