Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    The day has been saved, and Lizzie and John share one last scene of quiet introspection. *sighs*

And now, to finish hooking up the new computer and boot that baby up!
    And now for the hubby report. Today's comments were that Elizabeth is a good strong leader and he loves Novak and wishes we had seen more of her. Also that the Athosians just kind of killed the suspense. LOL And he didn't get the twilight bark but was already thinking about the LOTR signal fires. LOL again. Geek.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

IT LIVES!!!!!

My new computer is up and running, and it's a beautiful thing!

Damn, I love my widescreen monitor.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      And now for the hubby report. Today's comments were that Elizabeth is a good strong leader and he loves Novak and wishes we had seen more of her. Also that the Athosians just kind of killed the suspense. LOL And he didn't get the twilight bark but was already thinking about the LOTR signal fires. LOL again. Geek.
      LOL! Poor Dr. Lee. Doesn't anyone watch Disney movies anymore?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I confirm that the French fans are great. (Yes I'm proud lol) I just saw that on Youtube, there is a group of fans who create episodes of Stargate. It's well done. Colin Cunninghan gave a good comment about this.

Other topic. I almost finished "Mirror; Mirror" and it's really a great book. I had some problems at the beginning but now I love it. A movie like this will be interesting.
        SK: You have "Angelus", no? Do you start to read it?
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          I confirm that the French fans are great. (Yes I'm proud lol) I just saw that on Youtube, there is a group of fans who create episodes of Stargate. It's well done. Colin Cunninghan gave a good comment about this.

Other topic. I almost finished "Mirror; Mirror" and it's really a great book. I had some problems at the beginning but now I love it. A movie like this will be interesting.
          I'm reading "Mirror Mirror" also and had the same reaction in the beginning. LOL It would make a great movie.
          sigpic

Comment

FOOTBALL!!!!

*shakes cardinal and gold pompoms*

John would be so proud of us...
            I woke up thin morn' to Sportscenter (typical guy, I know) and they will be having a true freshman starting at QB. He seems laid back and very intelligent (graduated high school early and enrolled at USC in the spring) so maybe he'll work out.

Yay!!!! Woo hoo! One week to go.

*shakes maroon and orange pom poms and does the Hokie Pokie*

Yes, I know, VT has the worst colors. But at least the orange goes with my hair. LOL
            I was sorry to hear your monster tailback blew out his knee. I had the same injury so I feel for him. I hope y'all can still roll the 'Tide. Speaking of the SEC...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            It could be a worse orange. Trust me. I live in a state surrounded by orange...*checks around for our resident Vol fan*

I have to commend them for the title.
            Our orange is a very lovely orange taken from the American Daisey which is abundant on Ole Rocky Top. It's such a nice flower I would break sartorial tradition (red carnation, white carnation, blue cornflower aka: bachelor button, or white gardenia. The red poppy is only appropriate on Memorial day in the US) and wear it as a buttonhole (boutonniere) in my lapel. I think Lizzie would appreciate a regional spin on classic men's style
            (If Cary Grant, Fred Astaire, and Clark Gable can wear a flower in their lapels whenever they want; so can I dadgumit!)

And besides, we can always make fun of the Gators together. Please see earlier character icon Florida mocking post.
            snip

The local high school's colors are orange and black. Does that count?
            Mine were red and black. We were called the "Red Devils". You have no idea how funny it was to see every church in town having "GO DEVILS" on their signs.

IT LIVES!!!!!

My new computer is up and running, and it's a beautiful thing!

Damn, I love my widescreen monitor.

LOL! Poor Dr. Lee. Doesn't anyone watch Disney movies anymore?
            Congrats on the new toys. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. Before the snickers turn into laughs, I think Jerry Orbach, dancing beer steins, and angry mobs with torches and pitchforks makes for cinematic greatness.

Whew, here's a lil' somethin' just for fun.

Spoiler:
            In honor of the NFL, since I did a college one a little earlier.
            I had the craziest dream last night.
            Oh, what was it?
            Well, the SGC said they had a new secret weapon against the Wraith.
            Really. How did it work?
            Well... they sent it here with instructions to send it to a Wraith planet. Then it was lather, rinse, repeat after that. A few days later, no more Wraith.
            What was the secret weapon?
            DA Coach.
            DA Coach? As in DITKA?
            Yup.
            Actually, that plan might work.

What can I say, half of me is Southside Chicago and the other half is Tennessee.
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              I woke up thin morn' to Sportscenter (typical guy, I know) and they will be having a true freshman starting at QB. He seems laid back and very intelligent (graduated high school early and enrolled at USC in the spring) so maybe he'll work out.
              I cannot wait for College Gameday to start. Squeee!

I was sorry to hear your monster tailback blew out his knee. I had the same injury so I feel for him. I hope y'all can still roll the 'Tide. Speaking of the SEC...
              Thanks. *sobs* But we have 3 good ones right behind him. And the 'Tide is going to roll over for sure. Hee. Though I predict a very low scoring game.

Our orange is a very lovely orange taken from the American Daisey which is abundant on Ole Rocky Top. It's such a nice flower I would break sartorial tradition (red carnation, white carnation, blue cornflower aka: bachelor button, or white gardenia. The red poppy is only appropriate on Memorial day in the US) and wear it as a buttonhole (boutonniere) in my lapel. I think Lizzie would appreciate a regional spin on classic men's style
              (If Cary Grant, Fred Astaire, and Clark Gable can wear a flower in their lapels whenever they want; so can I dadgumit!)
              Our orange is a nice burnt orange much like my hair. LOL And our colors work great for decorating with mums in the fall.

And besides, we can always make fun of the Gators together. Please see earlier character icon Florida mocking post.
              My husband's family in FL are all mad Gator fans. We can taunt them. Glad VT doesn't have to play them. And love Tim Tebow.

I almost forgot why I came here before I got distracted by football talk. I just found this stunning vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Ies...eature=related
              sigpic

Comment

I'm reading "Mirror Mirror" also and had the same reaction in the beginning. LOL It would make a great movie.
                I'm rereading it, and I'm finding more Sparky on second read. The entire book is good, but I really love the J/E sections. Though I really feel for John the original and his pounding headache the whole time. Love how he calls himself 'Junior' though. :3

Mine were red and black. We were called the "Red Devils". You have no idea how funny it was to see every church in town having "GO DEVILS" on their signs.

Congrats on the new toys. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. Before the snickers turn into laughs, I think Jerry Orbach, dancing beer steins, and angry mobs with torches and pitchforks makes for cinematic greatness.

Whew, here's a lil' somethin' just for fun.

Spoiler:
                In honor of the NFL, since I did a college one a little earlier.
                I had the craziest dream last night.
                Oh, what was it?
                Well, the SGC said they had a new secret weapon against the Wraith.
                Really. How did it work?
                Well... they sent it here with instructions to send it to a Wraith planet. Then it was lather, rinse, repeat after that. A few days later, no more Wraith.
                What was the secret weapon?
                DA Coach.
                DA Coach? As in DITKA?
                Yup.
                Actually, that plan might work.

What can I say, half of me is Southside Chicago and the other half is Tennessee.

Thanks. *sobs* But we have 3 good ones right behind him. And the 'Tide is going to roll over for sure. Hee. Though I predict a very low scoring game.

Our orange is a nice burnt orange much like my hair. LOL And our colors work great for decorating with mums in the fall.

My husband's family in FL are all mad Gator fans. We can taunt them. Glad VT doesn't have to play them. And love Tim Tebow.

I almost forgot why I came here before I got distracted by football talk. I just found this stunning vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Ies...eature=related
                I was going to mention we can't pick on the Gators because SR has ties to them, which is a shame. But if she's okay with taunting I am.

I recently had to make a few graphics for our Sports program, SportsNite, featuring a shirtless Tim Tebow in his GQ spread. I was really hating graphics that day, let me tell you.

I woke up this morning to SportsCenter.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Great vid. Never be distract by football when you have beautiful vids like this. lol

I'm rereading it, and I'm finding more Sparky on second read. The entire book is good, but I really love the J/E sections. Though I really feel for John the original and his pounding headache the whole time. Love how he calls himself 'Junior' though. :3

I was going to mention we can't pick on the Gators because SR has ties to them, which is a shame. But if she's okay with taunting I am.

I recently had to make a few graphics for our Sports program, SportsNite, featuring a shirtless Tim Tebow in his GQ spread. I was really hating graphics that day, let me tell you.

Yes there are a lot of Sparky in it. I don't know if we can say that it's Sparky but....a little moment in the book.

Spoiler:
                  "Elizabeth? (Ikaros)
                  -"That's 'Dr.Weir' to you" John snapped, before she could say it herself.
                  -"Why? You call her 'Elizabeth'"
                  -"You're not me."
                  "Certain, uh, privileges have to be earned" she explained......"

pkprd869: Hi! I didn't understand the half all your post because you are talking about football but it's cool to see you here.lol
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm totally okay with the taunting of the Gator fans. They know I love them.

Great vid. Never be distract by football when you have beautiful vids like this. lol

Yes there are a lot of Sparky in it. I don't know if we can say that it's Sparky but....a little moment in the book.

Spoiler:
                    "Elizabeth? (Ikaros)
                    -"That's 'Dr.Weir' to you" John snapped, before she could say it herself.
                    -"Why? You call her 'Elizabeth'"
                    -"You're not me."
                    "Certain, uh, privileges have to be earned" she explained......"

pkprd869: Hi! I didn't understand the half all your post because you are talking about football but it's cool to see you here.lol
                    I loved that Sparky moment too and how protective of her John was.

Don't try to understand the football talk. Just know that we're even more passionate about Sparky. LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

Probie my homie! *fist pound and explosion* It's cool if you don't understand football; I don't know why the French eat snails Anyways, it sounds like the book you're reading sounds good. And I wonder what "privileges" Shep has and how he "earned" them (Anuna's influence has put my brain the proverbial gutter)
                      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Don't try to understand the football talk. Just know that we're even more passionate about Sparky. LOL
                        On re-read, I thought these parts were interesting, too:

Spoiler:

1) When 'original John' is alone with 'crazy Elizabeth' at the beginning, there's a moment where he contemplates throwing himself off the gangplank he's running on but he can't do it, because if he did 'he'd be killing Elizabeth, too' and he couldn't stand that.

2) in that same scene, he also remarks on how he hates the moments where 'crazy Elizabeth' becomes lucid, because it reminds him of the friend he's lost, and when she goes back to becoming 'crazy' it tears his heart out.

3) Still love the fact that when he first sees 'original' Elizabeth, there are flowers blowing around everywhere.

4) He literally throws his arms around her about 6 or 7 times in the book--wish we'd seen more of THAT in the show (still hate we didn't actually see him 'catch her' in Echoes. Wonder why he didn't?)

5) I also noticed a funny line--when Elizabeth is recovering after the ride down the river she notices she's in dry clothes--and in the story she remarks something like 'best not to think about how she got into those', as she's alone with two men--Brother Star and John, who was the one who led Brother Star to her. Wonder if he stayed awake for that before falling asleep?

Probie my homie! *fist pound and explosion* It's cool if you don't understand football; I don't know why the French eat snails Anyways, it sounds like the book you're reading sounds good. And I wonder what "privileges" Shep has and how he "earned" them (Anuna's influence has put my brain the proverbial gutter)
                        Hmmm...you ARE hanging around here too much.

This particular book has John giving CPR to Elizabeth at one point, so use your imagination.

I love snails. They're yummy.

Comment

Spoiler:

1) When 'original John' is alone with 'crazy Elizabeth' at the beginning, there's a moment where he contemplates throwing himself off the gangplank he's running on but he can't do it, because if he did 'he'd be killing Elizabeth, too' and he couldn't stand that.

2) in that same scene, he also remarks on how he hates the moments where 'crazy Elizabeth' becomes lucid, because it reminds him of the friend he's lost, and when she goes back to becoming 'crazy' it tears his heart out.

3) Still love the fact that when he first sees 'original' Elizabeth, there are flowers blowing around everywhere.

4) He literally throws his arms around her about 6 or 7 times in the book--wish we'd seen more of THAT in the show (still hate we didn't actually see him 'catch her' in Echoes. Wonder why he didn't?)

5) I also noticed a funny line--when Elizabeth is recovering after the ride down the river she notices she's in dry clothes--and in the story she remarks something like 'best not to think about how she got into those', as she's alone with two men--Brother Star and John, who was the one who led Brother Star to her. Wonder if he stayed awake for that before falling asleep?

This particular book has John giving CPR to Elizabeth at one point, so use your imagination.

I love snails too. With lots of garlic and butter. Yummy.

And on the John picking Elizabeth up thing in Echoes, I would imagine it was just a practical decision. There's no way Joe could have lifted her dead weight. So I'm sure getting her into his arms took a bit of help from Torri so they couldn't show him picking her up. After all, she said herself she's a healthy Welsh girl. Thin but tall. LOL However, I would love to have seen the outtakes from that scene.
                          sigpic

Comment

And on the John picking Elizabeth up thing in Echoes, I would imagine it was just a practical decision. There's no way Joe could have lifted her dead weight. So I'm sure getting her into his arms took a bit of help from Torri so they couldn't show him picking her up. After all, she said herself she's a healthy Welsh girl. Thin but tall. LOL However, I would love to have seen the outtakes from that scene.
                            Yeah, noting how 'unconscious' Weir had her arm wrapped around Joe's shoulders to help him out as he carried her to the infirmary, I figured he couldn't pick her up. I was referring to when she fainted, why they didn't have him sort of half-catch her. All you see is her eyes flutter, and she topples forward, then it's a cut to John looking startled and his arms uncrossing, then to Rodney as he stops speaking, then the next cut has Elizabeth fully on the floor with John's hand under her head. You don't actually see what happened from faint-to-floor.

From a camera/shooting perspective it looks weird to have her collapsing forward and then the next shot be of someone holding only her head. We don't even see her hit the floor.

In production speak, we call that-there "discontinuity". In other words, there's NO WAY John would have been able to bend forward and catch only her head. It would have been way too dangerous, he could have broken her neck. Common sense wise, when he saw her start to fall he would have tried for the full on grab of some kind, even if was only good enough for him to stagger around and lay her gently to the floor. In any case, it would have led to her being in his arms as he laid her down to the floor, not just her head in his hand.

(Actually, technically Rodney should have darted forward, and let her fall against him, as it would have been easier for him...but we'll ignore that and chalk it up to Rodney not realizing it was happening... )

My guess is they couldn't get a good shot of anyone catching her without it looking awkward or taking too much time--where they were standing, there were a lot of set pieces in the way--but I can still grumble about missing out on John actually grabbing her.

However, they do make up for it with him full on carrying her in the next scene.
                            Last edited by Eri13; 28 August 2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah, noting how 'unconscious' Weir had her arm wrapped around Joe's shoulders to help him out as he carried her to the infirmary, I figured he couldn't pick her up. I was referring to when she fainted, why they didn't have him sort of half-catch her. All you see is her eyes flutter, and she topples forward, then it's a cut to John looking startled and his arms uncrossing, then to Rodney as he stops speaking, then the next cut has Elizabeth fully on the floor with John's hand under her head. You don't actually see what happened from faint-to-floor.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...echoes0690.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...echoes0691.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...echoes0693.jpg

From a camera/shooting perspective it looks weird to have her collapsing forward and then the next shot be of someone holding only her head. We don't even see her hit the floor.

In production speak, we call that-there "discontinuity". In other words, there's NO WAY John would have been able to bend forward and catch only her head. It would have been way too dangerous, he could have broken her neck. Common sense wise, when he saw her start to fall he would have tried for the full on grab of some kind, even if was only good enough for him to stagger around and lay her gently to the floor. In any case, it would have led to her being in his arms as he laid her down to the floor, not just her head in his hand.

(Actually, technically Rodney should have darted forward, and let her fall against him, as it would have been easier for him...but we'll ignore that and chalk it up to Rodney not realizing it was happening... )

My guess is they couldn't get a good shot of anyone catching her without it looking awkward or taking too much time--where they were standing, there were a lot of set pieces in the way--but I can still grumble about missing out on John actually grabbing her.

However, they do make up for it with him full on carrying her in the next scene.
                              Oh, I see. We can't have too much Sparky now can we? But at least we got the carry.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey...Don't start with the food. Snails is great but I prefer Frogs' legs. Better....yummy
                                And I asked myself the same question "How he earned privileges?" I totally agree with you. It's the fault of Anuna.LOL

I love your talk about football. It's interesting even if I'm a little lost.
                                I don't know who talk about this but the colors of my city is orange and black. So I support the black and orange team in your "football".Lol

Spoiler:

Thanks to take my defense, girls. Les escargots, c'est super bon. You have to translate that.lol
                                Don't start to talk about food or I'll write 5 pages about this....Fondue, raclette,Tartiflette....Ok sorry but I have to eat something now.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X