Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Whew! You've got a lot on your plate!

I hear you! I can't even stand to eat salted butter, so whenever I go to a restaurant, no butter touches my bread, since they usually only serve prepackaged pats of salted butter. Ick! I'll take sweet natural butter any day.

I know... the one and only time I watched Adrift, it nearly killed me ded.

*hugs Anuna back*

Mmmm... coffee...
    Not so much. It's so fun just to have stuff to write on without super deadlines or feeling pressure. It's sorta whatever I'm in the mood for, since as far as the Sparky is concerned one is fun, one is angsty, and one brings Elizabeth back!

And Lost is just mind-bogglingly cool.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Not so much. It's so fun just to have stuff to write on without super deadlines or feeling pressure. It's sorta whatever I'm in the mood for, since as far as the Sparky is concerned one is fun, one is angsty, and one brings Elizabeth back!

And Lost is just mind-bogglingly cool.
      Absolutely! I was burnt out for a while after doing Restoration, and it was because of the stress of trying to meet the deadline (and the added stress of knowing that it would be the only Sparky fic to finish that year's BB challenge... yikes!). I couldn't even look at my notes for my Restoration-verse holiday fic after that. So I put it all aside and have been playing with some of my other fandom projects that I've been meaning to get to for a while, like the SGA series timeline. The lack of pressure has been very welcome, and it's helped get me in the mood to play with SS6 so John can save Elizabeth.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Howdy folks, real life has been a pain taking away my time to visit with y'all. Eri and SK I know how it is after finishing a long writing project. I can barely stand to read Teenage Wasteland, and my novella I wrote in college (First Prize by the way... enough horn tooting, sorry) makes me want to vomit. And all y'all gals stop picking on us men folk. Maybe one day we'll stop dragging our knuckles on the ground... Maybe.
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          Howdy folks, real life has been a pain taking away my time to visit with y'all. Eri and SK I know how it is after finishing a long writing project. I can barely stand to read Teenage Wasteland, and my novella I wrote in college (First Prize by the way... enough horn tooting, sorry) makes me want to vomit. And all y'all gals stop picking on us men folk. Maybe one day we'll stop dragging our knuckles on the ground... Maybe.
          *chuckles* Now, now, pk, you know perfectly well that we're only teasing.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello all! *waves*

I finally got around to finishing a ficlet for the last batch of prompts. Enjoy.

What Do You Mean I Can't Park Here?
            sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
              Hello all! *waves*

I finally got around to finishing a ficlet for the last batch of prompts. Enjoy.

*reads and giggles insanely* Poor John. LMAO! *pets him*

Comment

Hello all! *waves*

Loved it. I wish I had time to do a drabble but I still have to paint.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

HOMEWORK! Dropping this off because I don't have much time to play.

The Eye – opening scenes

Spoiler:

“Kolya!”

The rain was biting; a cold, driving force that seemed to increase in intensity every time John blinked. Around him, high waves were already pounding the pier, splashing up in chaotic spirals against the walls and gathering heavily across the floor of the Grounding Station. Any more water on the piers and it would begin to take its toll on Atlantis.

But at the moment it didn’t much matter; his focus was on nothing but the radio in his hand and the man at the other end of it. Acastus Kolya, a Genii Commander John knew nothing of, save for his voice and the Machiavellian manner of his attack strategy.

Kolya had struck first and John had won that round—it had cost Kolya two of his soldiers and the ability to remotely access the control console of Grounding Station Three. It was no more than the Genii had done to them; John had already lost two good men earlier in the day. The problem was, Kolya held all the cards right now and apparently didn’t like uneven odds.

And he was about to level the playing field in a very brutal way.

--/--

Elizabeth Weir took a slow breath, keeping her gaze steady, her face calm. Kolya took a step forward, his Genii pistol aimed at her chest, ready to make good on his threat to kill her.

“Kolya! Don’t do this!” John’s voice crackled through the Genii radio, nearly drowned out by the force of the storm whirling around him on the pier. He’d gone from threatening the Genii commander to pleading with him in a matter of seconds, the tone of his voice edged with a desperation Elizabeth had not heard before.

If Sheppard was afraid…

“How is this going to help you get what you want?” she questioned softly, careful to keep her voice steady and low.

Kolya’s response was equally quiet and controlled, though there was still menace in his eyes. “Sheppard put you in this position, not me.”

The coldness of his tone—the way he seemed to regard her, as a pawn rather than a person—gave every justification for the fear now coursing through her. All her past experience dealing with people like him told her this was not a man to be negotiated with. And when someone like that made a decision, little could be done to change it.

For one of the few times in her life, Elizabeth had no idea what to do. Everything sat balanced on the edge of a knife. Kolya’s gun lifted a little and she held her breath, eyes locked on his, waiting.

“You can’t do this!”

Elizabeth gasped in surprise as Rodney suddenly darted in front of her, blocking Kolya’s shot, his hand clasped around his injured arm. “This is crazy—you need her!”

Kolya blinked, his concentration broken by Rodney’s unexpected move. As he studied them both, seemingly trying to comprehend what to do next, the young redhead to his left, Sora, spoke up. “He’s right, Commander.”

“I’m not kidding,” Rodney insisted. “There are codes required to activate the shield. Codes that only she knows…you can’t do this without her!”

The Genii commander narrowed his eyes and Rodney raised his hands defensively, apparently just now realizing the position he’d put himself in. “Well, you…you can’t do this without me, either! I mean…we’re a package deal. You take us out of the equations and and…and…you don’t have an endgame! Granted, that’s a chess term…I’m…I…my point is…we’re the only ones who can fix the grounding station, we’re the only ones who can activate the shield, we’re the only ones who can solve problems I can’t even think of yet!”

Elizabeth took a soft breath as Kolya’s gun started to lower. In front of her, Rodney kept talking, growing louder and more excitable. “You kill EITHER one of us and you don’t get what you want! That’s how important we are! It’s impor…”

“Rodney…Rodney, he gets it,” she breathed into his ear, still trying to maintain her calm, following Kolya with her eyes.

Somehow McKay heard her despite his agitation and he stopped, watching the Genii commander with trepidation. Kolya continued to stare at them for a moment, then turned silently and left, heading towards her office.

Elizabeth glanced over the young redhead who’d spoken up for them. “I appreciate…”

The girl looked at her, an impetuous pout crossing her face. “You’re an asset we need to complete this mission,” she snapped as she pushed past them, her red curls flying behind her, and strode after her leader.

Rodney turned, breathing heavily, laying his hand back on his injured arm. Elizabeth eyed him from a moment, keeping her voice low and steady. “You stood in front of a gun for me.”

His reaction wasn’t quite what she expected; rather than looking proud—or overwhelmed—he made a face. “Don’t thank me just yet. We have two and a half hours until the storm hits and unless our luck changes drastically, the city is going to be obliterated.”

Elizabeth closed her eyes, suddenly understanding. For all the good it had done her now, Rodney had truly only bought her a little more time. Kolya had stonewalled them at every turn, and now, with she and Rodney hostage, he’d removed any chance Sheppard might have had of helping them. The City was at the mercy of both the Genii and the storm, and it seemed impossible to imagine anything would be able to save them from both.

--/--

Acastus Kolya studied the rain streaking behind the magnificent glass windows of Atlantis, pondering.

McKay presented him with a problem. The scientist was a necessary, if bothersome, asset—but he did not strike Acastus as of the ilk to risk his own life for another’s unless there was a need for it. Kolya did not know enough of the strange hybrid of Atlantis and alien systems to know if he was lying as to Weir’s importance. Whether he had overplayed her significance or not, there was not enough reason to dispatch with her at the moment.

But Sheppard still posed a problem. If he knew the Genii hands were tied as regarded his people, he would be a thorn in their side, and Acastus did not have the type of manpower he required—or trusted—to focus specifically on getting rid of him.

Yet, he seemed to have a weakness where Weir was concerned. He’d bargained his own life against hers just minutes ago. In Kolya’s experience that type of soldier was one of two things—weak, or desperate.

Sheppard was well trained and smart, but if he was emotionally unstable that could be used to tactical advantage.

He lifted the radio, punching the talk button. “Major Sheppard, how’s this for credibility? Weir is dead.”

--/--

The words cut through him like a knife.

Weir is dead.

The click of the pistol over the radio had been clear as a bell. Kolya hadn’t let him hear the kill shot, but John could imagine it, imagine her being brave right up until the end, when that cold-blooded ******* pulled the trigger.

She hadn’t deserved that.

He struggled for breath, rain drenching everything, anger rising with every slap of the wind against his face.

John lifted the radio device to his mouth. “I am going to kill you.” He pronounced the words slowly for Kolya’s benefit, making sure the Genii understood exactly what he meant.

“Maybe,” came the subdued reply. “Stay out of my way, or McKay will join her.”

He breathed out harshly, puffing his cheeks against the rain, fury building. All she’d wanted to do was protect the City, make it so they’d have many more days to continue exploring and discovering, as they’d done since they first stepped through the gate.

Kolya had destroyed that hope with a single shot.

The radio shut off, and within that moment, everything else—McKay, Kolya’s ploy, the storm itself—none of it seemed to matter. The bitterness within him grew; a dark sense of purpose he’d not felt since his days in Afghanistan. The need to put the human being aside in him aside in order to focus on one objective.

Take out the enemy, at all costs.

That was all that mattered, all that could be done. All that could repay a little of what had been lost.

Kolya had made his move. Now, he was going to die for it. John couldn’t change what happened, but he could sure as hell make him—all of them—pay for it.

He turned for the stairs, shouldering his gun. The life signs detector would let him know where the Genii were in the City. It would be their decision, who would come after him.

And who would be the first to die.
                  Last edited by Eri13; 11 March 2010, 07:06 AM.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hello all! *waves*

Oh, this is too cute for words! I loved it. Everyone was in character and John being protective is just made of WIN. Great banter. Thank you for writing this...
                    sigpic
                    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      HOMEWORK! Dropping this off because I don't have much time to play.

The Eye – opening scenes

Spoiler:

“Kolya!”

The rain was biting; a cold, driving force that seemed to increase in intensity every time John blinked. Around him, high waves were already pounding the pier, splashing up in chaotic spirals against the walls and gathering heavily across the floor of the Grounding Station. Any more water on the piers and it would begin to take its toll on Atlantis.

But at the moment it didn’t much matter; his focus was on nothing but the radio in his hand and the man at the other end of it. Acastus Kolya, a Genii Commander John knew nothing of, save for his voice and the Machiavellian manner of his attack strategy.

Kolya had struck first and John had won that round—it had cost Kolya two of his soldiers and the ability to remotely access the control console of Grounding Station Three. It was no more than the Genii had done to them; John had already lost two good men earlier in the day. The problem was, Kolya held all the cards right now
                      and apparently didn’t like uneven odds.

And he was about to level the playing field in a very brutal way.

--/--

Elizabeth Weir took a slow breath, keeping her gaze steady, her face calm. Kolya took a step forward, his Genii pistol aimed at her chest, ready to make good on his threat to kill her.

“Kolya! Don’t do this!” John’s voice crackled through the Genii radio, nearly drowned out by the force of the storm whirling around him on the pier. He’d gone from threatening the Genii commander to pleading with him in a matter of seconds, the tone of his voice edged with a desperation Elizabeth had not heard before.

If Sheppard was afraid…

“How is this going to help you get what you want?” she questioned softly, careful to keep her voice steady and low.

Kolya’s response was equally quiet and controlled, though there was still menace in his eyes. “Sheppard put you in this position, not me.”

The coldness of his tone—the way he seemed to regard her, as a pawn rather than a person—gave every justification for the fear now coursing through her. All her past experience dealing with people like him told her this was not a man to be negotiated with. And when someone like that made a decision, little could be done to change it.

For one of the few times in her life, Elizabeth had no idea what to do. Everything sat balanced on the edge of a knife. Kolya’s gun lifted a little and she held her breath, eyes locked on his, waiting.

“You can’t do this!”

Elizabeth gasped in surprise as Rodney suddenly darted in front of her, blocking Kolya’s shot, his hand clasped around his injured arm. “This is crazy—you need her!”

Kolya blinked, his concentration broken by Rodney’s unexpected move. As he studied them both, seemingly trying to comprehend what to do next, the young redhead to his left, Sora, spoke up. “He’s right, Commander.”

“I’m not kidding,” Rodney insisted. “There are codes required to activate the shield. Codes that only she knows…you can’t do this without her!”

The Genii commander narrowed his eyes and Rodney raised his hands defensively, apparently just now realizing the position he’d put himself in. “Well, you…you can’t do this without me, either! I mean…we’re a package deal. You take us out of the equations and and…and…you don’t have an endgame! Granted, that’s a chess term…I’m…I…my point is…we’re the only ones who can fix the grounding station, we’re the only ones who can activate the shield, we’re the only ones who can solve problems I can’t even think of yet!”

Elizabeth took a soft breath as Kolya’s gun started to lower. In front of her, Rodney kept talking, growing louder and more excitable. “You kill EITHER one of us and you don’t get what you want! That’s how important we are! It’s impor…”

“Rodney…Rodney, he gets it,” she breathed into his ear, still trying to maintain her calm, following Kolya with her eyes.

Somehow McKay heard her despite his agitation and he stopped, watching the Genii commander with trepidation. Kolya continued to stare at them for a moment, then turned silently and left, heading towards her office.

Elizabeth glanced over the young redhead who’d spoken up for them. “I appreciate…”

The girl looked at her, an impetuous pout crossing her face. “You’re an asset we need to complete this mission,” she snapped as she pushed past them, her red curls flying behind her, and strode after her leader.

Rodney turned, breathing heavily, laying his hand back on his injured arm. Elizabeth eyed him from a moment, keeping her voice low and steady. “You stood in front of a gun for me.”

His reaction wasn’t quite what she expected; rather than looking proud—or overwhelmed—he made a face. “Don’t thank me just yet. We have two and a half hours until the storm hits and unless our luck changes drastically, the city is going to be obliterated.”

Elizabeth closed her eyes, suddenly understanding. For all the good it had done her now, Rodney had truly only bought her a little more time. Kolya had stonewalled them at every turn, and now, with she and Rodney hostage, he’d removed any chance Sheppard might have had of helping them. The City was at the mercy of both the Genii and the storm, and it seemed impossible to imagine anything would be able to save them from both.

--/--

Acastus Kolya studied the rain streaking behind the magnificent glass windows of Atlantis, pondering.

McKay presented him with a problem. The scientist was a necessary, if bothersome, asset—but he did not strike Acastus as of the ilk to risk his own life for another’s unless there was a need for it. Kolya did not know enough of the strange hybrid of Atlantis and alien systems to know if he was lying as to Weir’s importance. Whether he had overplayed her significance or not, there was not enough reason to dispatch with her at the moment.

But Sheppard still posed a problem. If he knew the Genii hands were tied as regarded his people, he would be a thorn in their side, and Acastus did not have the type of manpower he required—or trusted—to focus specifically on getting rid of him.

Yet, he seemed to have a weakness where Weir was concerned. He’d bargained his own life against hers just minutes ago. In Kolya’s experience that type of soldier was one of two things—weak, or desperate.

Sheppard was well trained and smart, but if he was emotionally unstable that could be used to tactical advantage.

He lifted the radio, punching the talk button. “Major Sheppard, how’s this for credibility? Weir is dead.”

--/--

The words cut through him like a knife.

Weir is dead.

The click of the pistol over the radio had been clear as a bell. Kolya hadn’t let him hear the kill shot, but John could imagine it, imagine her being brave right up until the end, when that cold-blooded ******* pulled the trigger.

She hadn’t deserved that.

He struggled for breath, rain drenching everything, anger rising with every slap of the wind against his face.

John lifted the radio device to his mouth. “I am going to kill you.” He pronounced the words slowly for Kolya’s benefit, making sure the Genii understood exactly what he meant.

“Maybe,” came the subdued reply. “Stay out of my way, or McKay will join her.”

He breathed out harshly, puffing his cheeks against the rain, fury building. All she’d wanted to do was protect the City, make it so they’d have many more days to continue exploring and discovering, as they’d done since they first stepped through the gate.

Kolya had destroyed that hope with a single shot.

The radio shut off, and within that moment, everything else—McKay, Kolya’s ploy, the storm itself—none of it seemed to matter. The bitterness within him grew; a dark sense of purpose he’d not felt since his days in Afghanistan. The need to put the human being aside in him aside in order to focus on one objective.

Take out the enemy, at all costs.

That was all that mattered, all that could be done. All that could repay a little of what had been lost.
                      Kolya had made his move. Now, he was going to die for it. John couldn’t change what happened, but he could sure as hell make him—all of them—pay for it.

He turned for the stairs, shouldering his gun. The life signs detector would let him know where the Genii were in the City. It would be their decision, who would come after him.

And who would be the first to die.
                      *Shivers* WOW, that's great! I really need to go back and rewatch those eppies...
                      sigpic
                      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

ERI!!! ZOMG, that was a brutal scene! In a good way, of course. You captured everyone's feelings, the desperation and sick helplessness of John, Elizabeth and Rodney, Kolya's cold calculation, Sora's frustration and petulance, and at the end, John's cold, primal rage starting to rear its head... That was awesome! I'd say you got an A+ on that assignment!

Comment

For those keeping score of the weekday reruns on SyFy, Conversion is coming on right now. John's turning into a bug and Elizabeth won't give up on him... *sighs*

Comment

Thanks you guys! *hugs all* Glad you liked the story.

Eri, that was awesome homework!!
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

ERI!!! ZOMG, that was a brutal scene! In a good way, of course. You captured everyone's feelings, the desperation and sick helplessness of John, Elizabeth and Rodney, Kolya's cold calculation, Sora's frustration and petulance, and at the end, John's cold, primal rage starting to rear its head... That was awesome! I'd say you got an A+ on that assignment!
                              ITA. And it inspired me to work on my own homework, which just happens to be from Conversion. It'll probably get posted tomorrow.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

For those keeping score of the weekday reruns on SyFy, Conversion is coming on right now. John's turning into a bug and Elizabeth won't give up on him... *sighs*
                                I actually made the kids turn off their show so i could watch as much of it as I could squeeze in before I had to leave for bell choir. my 5 yo looked at me weird and said "but mommy, don't you have this one on DVD?" I couldn't figure out how to explain to him that it doesn't matter...if SGA is on, I have to watch...end of story.
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X