Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(posted in Whump thread)
    I don't know if these have already been linked here, but there are a couple of "official" vids of Joe's Vancouver Con appearance.
    I think he is just so cute (and a little snarky) in them!
    First one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZcXiONL-go&NR=1
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Yeah, you're right... it probably was a good thing...

One time isn't enough... far from... I mean one dress uniformed John in five seasons... nope, not nearly enough.
      I can imagine it annoyed you, but I was too busy looking at the hotness that was John in his dress uniform

Yup, I do live in Belgium.
      And no, I don't have all the commentaries for s1 on the zone2 DVD's
      So, I have s1 double... zone1 and zone2. You have to love having a region free DVD player
      I'm actually thinking of getting s2 and s3 in zone1 too as I've noticed there appear to be differences too in the extra's.
      Ok now I'm gonna cry in my bed but after that I something for the people who speak about wedding between John and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth At the bottom of the page.
      John and his best man They have sad face but it's the emotion to see Elizabeth in a wedding dress.
      Maybe you will prefer this option: John
      Or this John and his other best man with food .lol
      Teyla sings for them lol

I forget to find a pic for Ronon but it's late and I want to go to sleep.lol

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hah!

Apparently, other countries have gotten extras not on the discs; it seems that the UK discs for each season were packaged with code cards that allowed access to a "secret" website with computer desktop wallpapers for download. I've seen some official-looking wallpapers (complete with all the correct copyright tags) floating around on the web that may be those "secret" ones from S1-3, though I haven't seen any new ones recently.

How annoying. Why can't they just give each country/region the same discs with the same features?
      Exactly!

Bye everyone
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

oh I forget the kiss

And the fact that they have two little girls. 1 and 2

Ok now it's very late and I say stupid things so Bye.lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Ok now I'm gonna cry in my bed but after that I something for the people who speak about wedding between John and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth At the bottom of the page.
          John and his best man They have sad face but it's the emotion to see Elizabeth in a wedding dress.
          Maybe you will prefer this option: John
          Or this John and his other best man with food .lol
          Teyla sings for them lol

I forget to find a pic for Ronon but it's late and I want to go to sleep.lol
          Cool pics! Thank you for looking them up

John had his wooby face on for Carson's funeral... poor John
          And I never noticed this before, but the coffin has an Atlantis decal on it... It's details like these that we're missing (among other things) in s5, isn't it?

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            oh I forget the kiss

And the fact that they have two little girls. 1 and 2

Ok now it's very late and I say stupid things so Bye.lol
            ROFL!!
            Liz & John would never have a kid as annoying as Harmony
            Nah, then I'd rather like these kids for them
            They really know the fine arts on how to annoy Rodney, just like their kids should

Sleep tight and have many Sparky dreams
            btw, you're always welcome to come and look at the missing commentaries at my place... We have a guest bed, so you can stay for a weekend and we'll make it a whole Sparky weekend

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              That was about the bent of Season 3. I love technical commentary but sometimes all you just want to hear about characters.

John flew fighter jets too? Wasn't he a chopper pilot? Isn't there sort of a huge difference between them?

Although I guess F-302's and the PJs were more like jet flight controls...
              As an AF pilot, you typically don't go from choppers to fighters. I know pilots who have gone between different fighters and different choppers. But hey, suspension of disbelief. Like how a pilot is all of a sudden qualified to lead a SpecOps type team.

snip
              Only the one time. And they screwed up the order of his award ribbons, which annoyed me.
              Wow, that's keeping an eye on the details.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              snip
              John in his dress uniform *drools*
              We have never seen enough of that, now have we?
              The time of day would dictate his uniform. His Service Dress would be appropriate for any time of day. (I guess since he is his own Commanding Officer, he could allow himself to sub in a white turndown collar shirt and black bow tie.) In "200" the lighting made it appear in the evening. I believe after 1800 or 1700 he is allowed to wear Mess Dress to events like his wedding. Mess Dress is like white tie. Just google USAF Mess Dress for pics. Warning:All Shep thunkers will drool even more imagining him in Mess Dress.

It's been a while since my AFROTC days, but the info should be accurate.
              Last edited by pkprd869; 06 July 2009, 03:40 PM.
              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

i think if Sheppard and Weir had Kids i think they would one of each: a boy and girl. im guessing they would named them James Sheppard and Rachel Sheppard-Weir.

Comment

He was a chopper pilot before Rising, but I guess when he and Lizzie and the rest of the Atlantis command staff went back to Earth between The Siege and Intruder, John got training on the F-302's. Hmm, good thought about the jumper controls maybe preparing him for jet controls.
                  Or he played a lot of video games. LOL

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  (posted in Whump thread)
                  I don't know if these have already been linked here, but there are a couple of "official" vids of Joe's Vancouver Con appearance.
                  First one:

Great! Thanks for that.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    (posted in Whump thread)
                    First one:

*dies laughing*

Thanks for sharing the link, those are great!

The #2 one, where Joe tells everyone to take Brad Wright and RCC hostage was a scream!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                      As an AF pilot, you typically don't go from choppers to fighters. I know pilots who have gone between different fighters and different choppers. But hey, suspension of disbelief. Like how a pilot is all of a sudden qualified to lead a SpecOps type team.
                      On that last bit, fans have speculated from practically the beginning that Sheppard was in Special Ops prior to the incident in Afghanistan that led to him being punted to Antarctica, and there's a conversation between Sheppard and Nancy in Outcast that indicates that he was involved in some sort of classified operations during their marriage. So perhaps not so unbelievable after all.

Wow, that's keeping an eye on the details.
                      Oh, believe me, I wasn't the first to notice; the really devoted Shep fans were the ones to painstakingly research it from the screencaps.

The time of day would dictate his uniform. His Service Dress would be appropriate for any time of day. (I guess since he is his own Commanding Officer, he could allow himself to sub in a white turndown collar shirt and black bow tie.) In "200" the lighting made it appear in the evening. I believe after 1800 or 1700 he is allowed to wear Mess Dress to events like his wedding. Mess Dress is like white tie. Just google USAF Mess Dress for pics. Warning:All Shep thunkers will drool even more imagining him in Mess Dress.

It's been a while since my AFROTC days, but the info should be accurate.
                      I actually researched this part myself for a super seeekrit Sparky project I'm working on. Mess Dress is the "black tie" (or in this case, blue tie) version, Formal Dress is the "white tie" version. And yes, the mental image of Shep in Air Force Mess/Formal Dress made me squee and melt into a puddle of blissful goo. Just think how Lizzie would react to seeing him in it!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

On that last bit, fans have speculated from practically the beginning that Sheppard was in Special Ops prior to the incident in Afghanistan that led to him being punted to Antarctica, and there's a conversation between Sheppard and Nancy in Outcast that indicates that he was involved in some sort of classified operations during their marriage. So perhaps not so unbelievable after all.

Oh, believe me, I wasn't the first to notice; the really devoted Shep fans were the ones to painstakingly research it from the screencaps.

I actually researched this part myself for a super seeekrit Sparky project I'm working on. Mess Dress is the "black tie" (or in this case, blue tie) version, Formal Dress is the "white tie" version. And yes, the mental image of Shep in Air Force Mess/Formal Dress made me squee and melt into a puddle of blissful goo. Just think how Lizzie would react to seeing him in it!
                        To the first part, I thought he was flying missions for Spec Ops. I think it's in "Phantoms" when they bring up going back for downed pilot (the one he was ordered to leave behind) and they evac-ed a Spec Ops team together.

Second, it should have been easy for wardrobe to get those right. The USAF has charts and tables out the wazoo about how to properly where ribbons. Wardrobe could've googled it for crying out loud.

The Mess/Formal Dress, you are correct. I checked AFI36-2903 (USAF uniform regs) and Formal Dress is regulated more like white tie. It's only mentioned in the table 2.1, so I missed it. Mess Dress has turndown-collar with pleats, blue satin cummerbund, and matching blue satin bow tie so its more like black tie. Formal Dress is the white pique formal waistcoat(vest) and matching white pique bow tie. I assume the wing-tip shirt is stiff front as its the only correct shirt worn with civilian white tie. The table calls the Formal Dress white tie, then in the same sentence states the civilian equivalent is a Tuxedo, which is less formal than white tie. I can deal with pleat front shirts and satin for the lapel facings, cummerbund, and bow tie. (I have other personal preferences for black tie, but more on those later.) But a pleat-front wingtip shirt, that is against all that is Holy in Mens' Formal Dress.

Liz would probably jump at Shep dressed to the nines. Now if they can dance like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers...
                        Last edited by pkprd869; 06 July 2009, 07:41 PM.
                        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Heya guys! If you want to read a naughty little fic, go here. It's called "Way past bedtime".
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

And speaking of Sparky kids, look at this little girl. She even has the curls.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

To the first part, I thought he was flying missions for Spec Ops. I think it's in "Phantoms" when they bring up going back for downed pilot (the one he was ordered to leave behind) and evac-ed a Spec Ops team.
                              There's that. Then there's the way he went Rambo on the Genii strike team in The Storm/The Eye. You don't normally see those kind of mad skillz from a run-of-the-mill rotor pilot.

Second, it should have been easy for wardrobe to get those right. The USAF has charts and tables out the wazoo about how to properly where ribbons. Wardrobe could've googled it for crying out loud.
                              Word! That mistake was just inexcusable. And don't even get me started on how he probably should've had the Antarctica Service Medal too.

The Mess/Formal Dress, you are correct. I checked AFI36-2903 (USAF uniform regs) and Formal Dress is regulated more like white tie. It's only mentioned in the table 2.1, so I missed it. Mess Dress has turndown-collar with pleats, blue satin cummerbund, and matching blue satin bow tie so its more like black tie. Formal Dress is the white pique formal waistcoat(vest) and matching white pique bow tie. I assume the wing-tip shirt is stiff front as its the only correct shirt worn with civilian white tie. The table calls the Formal Dress white tie, then in the same sentence states the civilian equivalent is a Tuxedo, which is less formal than white tie. I can deal with pleat front shirts and satin for the lapel facings, cummerbund, and bow tie. (I have other personal preferences for black tie, but more on those later.) But a pleat-front wingtip shirt, that is against all that is Holy in Mens' Formal Dress.
                              Definitely a stiff-front wing-tip shirt for Formal Dress; as you've correctly surmised, it's de rigueur for white tie.

Liz would probably jump at Shep dressed to the nines. Now if they can dance like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers...
                              She wouldn't just jump at him, she'd jump him, period.

Dancing, now... With Lizzie's bum knee, keeping up with Fred and Ginger could be problematic...

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Heya guys! If you want to read a naughty little fic, go here. It's called "Way past bedtime".
                                Oh dear frak, that's hot. *fans self*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                And speaking of Sparky kids, look at this little girl. She even has the curls.
                                Squee! Now someone just needs to photoshop Lizzie's face on Teer's body.

Comment

Working...
                                X