No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tuned in to watch, but I admit I time delayed episodes. But I still watched them. The way things went down, it was like WTF, Atlantis is getting canned for another show? At least that how things looked.

Probie, how was Bastille Day? I know for our Independence Day, I consider it a victory if I wake up alive, have all my limbs, and my eyebrows are still there. And I have gotta add, I love the French National Anthem, geez all that talk about bloody standards and watering fields with the enemies blood, that's hardcore shizzle.
    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
      Hi all. I'm in love with Sparky and I just discovered GateWorld's forum, so it's too bad I didn't come here earlier to speculate about Atlantis while it still aired.

I apologize in advance if I start to obsess and... hey! That's a nice image of Joe Flanigan.... *watches Vegas and drools*
      Gosh, can't believe I looked over your post.
      Welcome to the wonderful world of Sparky on the GW forum!
      Relax, have a drink, but stay away from any mints that are offered to you

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Literally. LOL I wonder what other shows have left their audience so unsettled. Even Firefly had the movie to sort of bring closure to a few things. If you don't count shows that didn't last very long, I'm betting no other show that ran for 5 years had so many angry fans by the end. Shippers don't count. They're never happy. LOL But from some of the things I've been reading and long loyal fans that are seriously disillusioned and have left the fandom altogether, SGA has left everybody with a sour taste.
      Oh, this is so true. I know no one who is happy about the way the show went, about how it ended, about how they treated the characters, about how storylines went. Doesn't matter what their interest in the show is or what their ship is... absolutely no one is happy about it.
      I keep saying it and I'll always keep saying it: SGA went downhill (even down the drain) from "Sunday" on...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
        I tuned in to watch, but I admit I time delayed episodes. But I still watched them. The way things went down, it was like WTF, Atlantis is getting canned for another show? At least that how things looked.

Probie, how was Bastille Day? I know for our Independence Day, I consider it a victory if I wake up alive, have all my limbs, and my eyebrows are still there. And I have gotta add, I love the French National Anthem, geez all that talk about bloody standards and watering fields with the enemies blood, that's hardcore shizzle.
        SGA was the only show I watched live and, Lord help me, I kept it up right to the bitter end. Now we DVR everything. Yeah, TPTB are good at denying the reality of "how things look" as opposed to what they claim they were doing that virtually nobody sees. LOL

Hey, we have the rockets red glare. We got shizzle too.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post

Technically, Bastille Day is today but there were some parties yesterday. Like I said my father was almost set fire to the house. So like you said if I wake up alive, it’s a victory.lol
          I was with my friends last night. We saw fireworks and dance and ate a loooooooot. I’m so tired.
          This morning I was awakened by the "Marseillaise" because my father was watching the military parade on TV. He was so pissed to see our president on the TV. For the little story. This day, the president can pardon traffic offences. My dad has a fine for a little mistake he did on the road with his car. But our President doesn’t want to continue this French Tradition. So my dad has to pay and he’s angry.lol

And for you *Put her hand on her heart* I will sing the "Marseillaise".
          "Come, children of the Fatherland,
          The day of glory has arrived.
          Against us tyranny's,
          bloodied banner is raised, (repeat)
          Do you hear in the countryside
          The roar of those ferocious soldiers?
          They come right here into your midst
          To slit the throats of your sons and wives!
          To arms, citizens,
          Form your battalions,
          Let's march, let's march!
          May a tainted blood
          Drench our furrows!"
          Thanks wikipédia for the translation.lol
          Yes it's a hardcore song and I'm not a big fan of this song.

Vive la Révolution!
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            I just saw on the French blog the all story about the comment on "Broken ties". So now I'm not worry because yes..it's nothing relevant like you said.

By the way, we forgot to put "This Mortal Coil" on the list for the post-a-thon.

Thanks for the link.
            Now, how about providing a really relevant quote here?

Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.

We know whom he meant.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
              Hi all. I'm in love with Sparky and I just discovered GateWorld's forum, so it's too bad I didn't come here earlier to speculate about Atlantis while it still aired.

I apologize in advance if I start to obsess and... hey! That's a nice image of Joe Flanigan.... *watches Vegas and drools*
              Hi! You'll fit right in!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              out of Ronan Teyla, Carson and Rodney who do u think would be the most acceptable to John and Elizabeth's Relationship? Who do u think wouldn't be so acceptable?
              Hrm. It'd just be interesting to see what their reactions would be. As far as accepting, I'd say Ronon just because he doesn't comment on much anyway. Teyla would probably be concerned about what impact the relationship would have on everything, and I would think Carson would feel a wee bit awkward about it--though given his prodding of Elizabeth in Conversion, I could be wrong there.

Literally. LOL I wonder what other shows have left their audience so unsettled. Even Firefly had the movie to sort of bring closure to a few things. If you don't count shows that didn't last very long, I'm betting no other show that ran for 5 years had so many angry fans by the end. Shippers don't count. They're never happy. LOL But from some of the things I've been reading and long loyal fans that are seriously disillusioned and have left the fandom altogether, SGA has left everybody with a sour taste.
              Oh. My. Unfortunately there are a few. That's one of the biggest problems, for me, with shows nowadays. Either they're so successful they keep on going forever, dragging their plotlines along with them to the point they just get incredibly stupid; or, they're not successful and they cut off early so there IS no resolution.

Some I've had to see this happen to: The X-Files, The West Wing, Smallville, House, Dr. Quinn, MD...even The Pretender, just to name a few. There are more I'm forgetting. But all of those shows have had to play the plot-fill-hole game to satisfy the networks, which typically means even amazing writing, like WW or XF, goes waaaaay south. It's incredibly disheartening as a TV viewer.

That's why I'm crossing my fingers that the Lost Finale season will work, and benefit ABC, so more networks will take to limiting runs of successful shows. Some shows can run forever--procedurals, for example, can go for a while if the characters slowly develop and the murder-mystery takes front and center (NCIS)--but some shows need to end *cough* Grey's Anatomy *cough* and I hope Lost paves the way from some of the well-written, but limited in scope shows, to find a way to end so viewers are impressed and happy.

I'd take 5 years of an incredibly well-done series over 10 years of crap that's on "just because ratings are up" anyday.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.

We know whom he meant.
                This sparked (heh) a memory and I looked it up. In the Stargate magazine issue #15, Mar/Apr 2007 they asked JF this: Sheppard's got a central role in terms of his friendships within the Atlantis team, but are we going to see any possible love interests introduced? and he replied: I think if the love interests are shown through the plot it's great, but when you have a love interest that's just specifically a love interest, I don't buy that and I try to avoid it in this show. I think that if you're going to do a love story, it's far more interesting to have friction between two people who like each other rather than it is watching them be in love. Watching two people be in love is such a saccharine experience you want to shoot them right before you shoot yourself. People make that mistake often in entertainment. I want to see them try to be in love, that's more interesting. Overcoming the obstacles to be in love-that is actually more true to life than this strange euphoric state of love all the time. I'm not a cynic, I swear!

I mean, a classic example is in The Remains of the Day. There's that scene with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson and they're fighting over a book, but it was sort of sexually charged, right? You could have a sex scene, that would be the traditional angle to go down for a scene, right, but the truth is, that was a more sexual scene than most scenes anywhere else and it is largely to do with the fact that it's not expressed, it is not said and consequently it keeps things in the world of desire.

He also said sometimes he reads a script and it makes his blood boil because he knows his character wouldn't do or say that and he marches right up and complains. LOL No wonder JM thinks he's a pain in the butt. Oh and I guess this disproves what JM said on the commentary about JF not reading the script.

Now first of all, the man talks like a professor. And second of all that sounds remarkably like what he said about his boss, doesn't it. Hmmm? I took from the question that they don't consider any member of his team as a love interest. Hmmm again.
                sigpic

Comment

We know whom he meant.
                  I'm always surprised by this quote. Joe Flanigan always said that there is nothing between his character and Elizabeth and after he said this.
                  I'm sure he wasn't talking about her but he knew that all the fans think about Elizabeth. This man is evil.lol

Eri13: You broke my heart when you talked about House. I love this show and I'm always happy when I saw an episode.
                  But I agree with you about "Grey's anatomy".lol
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm always surprised by this quote. Joe Flanigan always said that there is nothing between his character and Elizabeth and after he said this.
                    I'm sure he wasn't talking about her but he knew that all the fans think about Elizabeth. This man is evil.lol

Eri13: You broke my heart when you talked about House. I love this show and I'm always happy when I saw an episode.
                    That quote you hear so much when Joe said there's nothing between them is from the end of S1 or early S2. It no longer matters. What he says now is all that counts. Ha.
                    sigpic

Comment

This sparked (heh) a memory and I looked it up. In the Stargate magazine issue #15, Mar/Apr 2007 they asked JF this: Sheppard's got a central role in terms of his friendships within the Atlantis team, but are we going to see any possible love interests introduced? and he replied: I think if the love interests are shown through the plot it's great, but when you have a love interest that's just specifically a love interest, I don't buy that and I try to avoid it in this show. I think that if you're going to do a love story, it's far more interesting to have friction between two people who like each other rather than it is watching them be in love. Watching two people be in love is such a saccharine experience you want to shoot them right before you shoot yourself. People make that mistake often in entertainment. I want to see them try to be in love, that's more interesting. Overcoming the obstacles to be in love-that is actually more true to life than this strange euphoric state of love all the time. I'm not a cynic, I swear!

I mean, a classic example is in The Remains of the Day. There's that scene with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson and they're fighting over a book, but it was sort of sexually charged, right? You could have a sex scene, that would be the traditional angle to go down for a scene, right, but the truth is, that was a more sexual scene than most scenes anywhere else and it is largely to do with the fact that it's not expressed, it is not said and consequently it keeps things in the world of desire.

He also said sometimes he reads a script and it makes his blood boil because he knows his character wouldn't do or say that and he marches right up and complains. LOL No wonder JM thinks he's a pain in the butt. Oh and I guess this disproves what JM said on the commentary about JF not reading the script.

Now first of all, the man talks like a professor. And second of all that sounds remarkably like what he said about his boss, doesn't it. Hmmm? I took from the question that they don't consider any member of his team as a love interest. Hmmm again.
                      I love that he sounds like a professor, and I agree with him. Remains of the Day is a great film. He's got taste. Well, the previous quote about John and his lady boss proves that he has taste too

Comment

Well, I think he couldn't openly cheer for his character to hook up with his pretty lady boss, because he was under contract and was told to "support" different things. However, he can speak his own mind now, hehe.

And he did the con kiss prank too. I think he was indirectly stating his opinion back then.

Comment

I like the way this guy thinks. I'm totally agree with him when he says "I think that if you're going to do a love story, it's far more interesting to have friction between two people who like each other rather than it is watching them be in love."
                          It would have been cool to have Joe Flanigan for showrunner with Carl Binder.
                          And for the part about JM. I found a new french article about SGA this week. It was an article about the "conflict" between the producers and the actors. Joe is the rebel in the article.lol And there is a small article where there are all the reasons why SGA lost fans. One of the reason is the death of Elizabeth. So true.

That quote you hear so much when Joe said there's nothing between them is from the end of S1 or early S2. It no longer matters. What he says now is all that counts. Ha.
                          You are so right. Forget what I said.

I'm sick. "Thanks Bastille Day". I hate to be sick because I can't think correctly. I leave you guys. I will do a small nap.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I think he couldn't openly cheer for his character to hook up with his pretty lady boss, because he was under contract and was told to "support" different things. However, he can speak his own mind now, hehe.

And he did the con kiss prank too. I think he was indirectly stating his opinion back then.
                            He did have a way of getting his point across. LOL And that quote was from the Stargate Magazine of Jan/Feb 2009.

I like the way this guy thinks. I'm totally agree with him when he says "I think that if you're going to do a love story, it's far more interesting to have friction between two people who like each other rather than it is watching them be in love."
                            It would have been cool to have Joe Flanigan for showrunner with Carl Binder.
                            And for the part about JM. I found a new french article about SGA this week. It was an article about the "conflict" between the producers and the actors. Joe is the rebel in the article.lol And there is a small article where there are all the reasons why SGA lost fans. One of the reason is the death of Elizabeth. So true.

You are so right. Forget what I said.

I'm sick. "Thanks Bastille Day". I hate to be sick because I can't think correctly. I leave you guys. I will do a small nap.
                            Joe is a very smart guy, well educated and well read. I hope he gets to be a producer one day.

What did the article say about the conflict?
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh the kiss....link

It will be interesting to see what he will say at the convention in November.

Oh I'm dying...and I can't write in english. It's time for me to do my nap.
                              sigpic

Comment

Okay Sparkies. The 4th and final (I mean it) part of the heat wave saga.

Spoiler:

Atlantis Midnight

Elizabeth Weir stretched languidly and let her foot trail along the hairy calf of the man who was stretched out beside her. Her skin was damp from the heat which was a product of both the weather and her recent activities. Hours had passed. They had slept and awakened and slept again. How many times exactly she couldn't quite recall. Now she smiled and stretched some more, sliding closer to John and letting her hands slide across his bare back. His even breathing told her he was still deeply asleep, so she smiled against his skin and snuggled closer remembering how they had ended up so intimately entwined.

“Stop that, you're just making it worse.” Elizabeth slapped at John's hands and swiped at the blob of ice cream on her shirt.

John used one pinkie finger to scoop chocolate from her chest just above the neckline of her shirt and into his mouth. The action earned him a glare from Elizabeth who was busily trying to wipe away several other spills on her person.

“Honestly John Sheppard. Sometimes I think you are 12 years old.”

John pouted and stuck the spoonful of Rocky Road in his mouth. “It wasn't my fault. You jiggled my hand.”

“I did not. And furthermore I don't know why we couldn't take the time to look for another spoon.” Elizabeth was using the tail of her shirt to wipe away the ice cream on her chest giving John a nice view of her midriff.

“I explained that to you, Elizabeth. Someone was coming and we had to hurry.”

“Well I didn't hear or see this mysterious someone.” Elizabeth swiped the spoon and dipped it into the carton which was sitting on the floor between them.

“I guess my ears are just trained to sense danger.” John made a grab for the spoon which she was now holding out of his reach.

“And your mouth is trained for bull****.” Elizabeth scooped up more ice cream and waved it in front of his face.

John looked at the large drops that had fallen onto his pants and scowled up at her. “Doctor Weir, I am shocked. First of all, you wound me. And second of all, I didn't know you had a potty mouth.”

“Please, I spent a lot of time in the diplomatic corps. You ain't heard nothing yet.” The last word came out in a squeal as he made a sudden dive for the spoon and ended up tumbling both of them onto the rug.

The spoonful of ice cream ended up in John's hair and his arms ended up around Elizabeth. When they both realized that their bodies were touching from chest to knees and it was hard to tell exactly whose legs were where, they froze. And the temperature of the room seemed to go up another degree or two.

“Hunh.” John started to breathe again with an intake of breath that expanded his chest. That was a bad idea at the moment because it only made him more aware of the soft breasts that were already drawing his attention in numerous ways.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, was way ahead of him having realized she was in serious trouble when at the moment she fell backwards and John's body collided with hers she had grabbed anything she could to steady herself. In this case, her hands had slipped across the sweaty skin of his back where his tee shirt had ridden up and had come to a stop somewhere in the region of his broad shoulders.

John quickly caught up, however, and focused his suddenly very aware hazel eyes on her slightly parted lips.

“Joh..” Elizabeth only managed part of a syllable before she found John's lips covering hers. Chocolate and heat and something new. Something that would forever after be defined as John.

And just that fast, everything had changed and now she was trailing the tip of her tongue along his spine and he was turning in her arms to face her.

John smiled but didn't open his eyes. “I better not open my eyes and find out this was another one of my dreams,” he murmured.

Elizabeth lightly trailed her fingertips up his chest, making the smile grow bigger and tried unsuccessfully to pry open one of his eyes. “Unless you've been dreaming about waking up with Rodney, I don't think you'll be disappointed,” she teased.

Both eyes popped open. “Eww, now you had to go and spoil it. I'll never get that little image out of my brain.”

His hands were busy hauling her closer and he lowered his head to take a huge pretend bite out of her neck. Elizabeth let out an undignified squeak and pinched him on the bottom. “Maybe we can replace it with something else.”

“I like the way you think.” John didn't waste any time with further small talk but began to kiss her in earnest.

Neither noticed the sound of raindrops pattering against the window or the cool rush of air that was beginning to flow from the repaired air conditioning system. They paid no heed to the buzzing of their two radios which were lost somewhere in the pile of clothing on the floor next to the melted remains of a carton of Rocky Road and one discarded spoon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X