No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! It appears to be a quiet Canon!Monday here on the Sparky thread, and I've got devious plotting and planning for Big Bang on my mind!

And for those of us in the US, it's Memorial Day. So take a moment to remember those who have given their lives in defense of our country and the freedoms we enjoy.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! It appears to be a quiet Canon!Monday here on the Sparky thread, and I've got devious plotting and planning for Big Bang on my mind!

And for those of us in the US, it's Memorial Day. So take a moment to remember those who have given their lives in defense of our country and the freedoms we enjoy.
      I second that. And also think about the wounded warriors who remember every day what it's like to fight for our freedom around the world.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

To all Patriots everywhere!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
          http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/Atlantis/sigs/salute-to-patriots.jpg

Thanks. Though that salute makes me wiggle a bit. Here's my tribute:

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I know it isn't a wonderful salute but John's heart was in it.

*hubby does the eyeroll whenever he sees it*

I do love your sig! Goes right to the heart of it!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I second that. And also think about the wounded warriors who remember every day what it's like to fight for our freedom around the world.
              In-very-deed.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/Atlantis/sigs/salute-to-patriots.jpg

*salutes*

Thanks. Though that salute makes me wiggle a bit. Here's my tribute:

Spoiler:
              So very true.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So... I've begun writing on the BigBang story, but I need someone to bounce ideas off.
                Preferably someone with a bit of time so I don't have to wait a week for a reply
                I'm not looking for a beta, just someone who wants to read my progress and give me ideas and lemme bounce ideas off of you.
                So, not someone who's all: 'wow amazing job' but someone who says: 'not bad, but maybe you could do this or that' or 'that character would never do something like that'. In few words: someone who won't break down everything I do, but who can tell me how to do a better job. Someone who keeps me writing.
                Lol, after all of this, I wouldn't be surprised that none of you would want to do it

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  So... I've begun writing on the BigBang story, but I need someone to bounce ideas off.
                  Preferably someone with a bit of time so I don't have to wait a week for a reply
                  I'm not looking for a beta, just someone who wants to read my progress and give me ideas and lemme bounce ideas off of you.
                  So, not someone who's all: 'wow amazing job' but someone who says: 'not bad, but maybe you could do this or that' or 'that character would never do something like that'. In few words: someone who won't break down everything I do, but who can tell me how to do a better job. Someone who keeps me writing.
                  Lol, after all of this, I wouldn't be surprised that none of you would want to do it
                  Cheerleaders! Big Bang is taking sign-ups for those too, and I can see there's a couple of Sparky-friendly applicants already up. Everything will get more sorted out and settled once all sign-ups are closed.

Speaking of which, I still need to sign up. Hmm, I think it's about time I got that Gmail account.

Comment

I watched "echoes" today because when I read the Post-a-thon, there is something that intrigued me.
                    I quote SR “Oooh, I forgot this part. Cute McShep. I like them as buddies. And no. He did not pat Rodney on the ass. Just no."
                    It’s a cute scene but NO he didn’t pat Rodney on the ass but his back. John does this only on Elizabeth .lol
                    This episode is one of my favorite. All the scenes between Weir, Sheppard and McKay are excellent.

KR: I can help you if you want. I have a lot of time because I don’t work for the moment. Perhaps you want to do this with someone that you know better. So if you find nobody, I’m here.

Oh and today I saw Torri in an “old” movie on TV. She has a small role but it was funny to see her. She was and is so beautiful.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Cheerleaders! Big Bang is taking sign-ups for those too, and I can see there's a couple of Sparky-friendly applicants already up. Everything will get more sorted out and settled once all sign-ups are closed.

Speaking of which, I still need to sign up. Hmm, I think it's about time I got that Gmail account.
                      There are Cheerleader sign-ups? Really? Hmm... should check that out...
                      And yeah... go sign up!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      I watched "echoes" today because when I read the Post-a-thon, there is something that intrigued me.
                      I quote SR “Oooh, I forgot this part. Cute McShep. I like them as buddies. And no. He did not pat Rodney on the ass. Just no."
                      It’s a cute scene but NO he didn’t pat Rodney on the ass but his back. John does this only on Elizabeth .lol
                      This episode is one of my favorite. All the scenes between Weir, Sheppard and McKay are excellent.
                      I've said this a trillion times before, but that's what I missed most after Torri was kicked out: The Liz/John/Rodney triangle. I didn't just miss playful and flirty Sparky but I truly missed that triangle. Those three on screen together made for some of the best and most natural scenes ever on tv. This never returned in s4 and s5. They are just so played into each other, their banter is like it should be instead of forced like we saw so many times in the last two seasons. It's just a shame the writers apparently never saw it that way

KR: I can help you if you want. I have a lot of time because I don’t work for the moment. Perhaps you want to do this with someone that you know better. So if you find nobody, I’m here.
                      Thanks for volunteering. I'm going to check out the official cheerleader list first and I'll get back to you if I find no one there.

Sig by me

Comment

And yeah... go sign up!

I've said this a trillion times before, but that's what I missed most after Torri was kicked out: The Liz/John/Rodney triangle. I didn't just miss playful and flirty Sparky but I truly missed that triangle. Those three on screen together made for some of the best and most natural scenes ever on tv. This never returned in s4 and s5. They are just so played into each other, their banter is like it should be instead of forced like we saw so many times in the last two seasons. It's just a shame the writers apparently never saw it that way

Thanks for volunteering. I'm going to check out the official cheerleader list first and I'll get back to you if I find no one there.
                        They are blind for many things. The director of this episode (I think is Will Waring. I'm not sure) said in the commentary that he loves these three actors because there's real chemistry between them.
                        They bring something to each other. For example, Rodney is less annoying when he has a scene with Weir. Ah...the old good time...

I find a new vid (I hope lol). We all know that John is the guardian angel of Elizabeth. So this is a video that proves it.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwP8HNQmWk
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

And yeah... go sign up!
                          Done!

I seem to recall they set up some informal group chats last year for like-minded writers and artists; I imagine they'd be doing it again, so all the Sparkies and McSheppers and gen fans who are participating could get together with each other to talk shop, as it were.

I keep calling Elizabeth, John and Rodney the Three Musketeers of Atlantis. Because they totally are, and you've really hit the nail on the head about it here.

Probie mentioning Will Waring's comment about Torri, Joe and David having great chemistry together was very timely. Waring also directed Common Ground, The Game, Sunday, and This Mortal Coil, among other episodes. And they've all got some really strong trio moments, even when all three of them are not in the same room.

Well, like I said, the ringleaders at Big Bang will be setting up some more concrete stuff once sign-ups are closed. But until then... there's always private messaging.

Comment

:: yawnies:: Morning Sparkies!!

I feel like writing something today.. anyone got anything to inspire my muse with???

KR.. I can be your proofing buddy if you need me to be

Comment

They are blind for many things. The director of this episode (I think is Will Waring. I'm not sure) said in the commentary that he loves these three actors because there's real chemistry between them.
                              They bring something to each other. For example, Rodney is less annoying when he has a scene with Weir. Ah...the old good time...

I find a new vid (I hope lol). We all know that John is the guardian angel of Elizabeth. So this is a video that proves it.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwP8HNQmWk
                              The directors always seemed to notice that kind of thing. I've heard many good comments on the acting and chemistry in commentaries. Too bad the writers didn't feel the same way. Except Carl Binder of course.
                              sigpic

Comment

The directors always seemed to notice that kind of thing. I've heard many good comments on the acting and chemistry in commentaries. Too bad the writers didn't feel the same way. Except Carl Binder of course.
                                Yup. In Carl Binder we trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X