Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    That's what I thought. *waves Anuna in off the ledge* It was just JM being JM.
    Ignore me guys. I had a remarkably crappy day and my fuse is very short.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I agree but it's JM (with PM) who wrote the movie so I will be not surprised if he finds a "partner" for Sheppard. I have nothing against Joe Mallozzi but I hate his choices. And I'm afraid that he takes (ok it's not alone) stranges decisions again for the movie.
      Last edited by Probie; 26 May 2009, 11:16 AM.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

So, sounds like Mallozzi's up to his old tricks again...

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Here's what we could see on the blog of Joseph Mallozzi today. Sorry...

I hate him for this.
        Agent_xsley writes: “My question is, has Weir’s story been completed or will we ever see that character again in the movies?”
        Answer: Weir’s story ended in Ghost in the Machine. The character will not be appearing in the movie.
        He's said that before, and I still think he's full of cow dung. We all know that GitM did absolutely nothing to conclusively resolve any of the unanswered questions surrounding Weir's fate. The story will never be complete until those questions are answered on screen.

I think I scared everybody.lol
        I will reassure you. He said a small sentence. I'm sure they have nothing planned for Sheppard. JM has even said he thinks that John is a loner. More than Ronon.

May 2, 2009
        Jennie writes: “In the Atlantis movie, is there any chance for a romantic partner for Sheppard?”
        Answer: Oh, sure, nothing is impossible.

Sorry for the fear but with TPTB you never know what will happen.
        And more of Mallozzi contradicting himself and demonstrating that TPTW have absolutely no idea what the heck they're doing. First he says 'we're keeping Sheppard a loner', then he says 'we're gonna have romance for Sheppard'? What a joke.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good afternoon, Sparkies!

So, sounds like Mallozzi's up to his old tricks again...

He's said that before, and I still think he's full of cow dung. We all know that GitM did absolutely nothing to conclusively resolve any of the unanswered questions surrounding Weir's fate. The story will never be complete until those questions are answered on screen.

And more of Mallozzi contradicting himself and demonstrating that TPTW have absolutely no idea what the heck they're doing. First he says 'we're keeping Sheppard a loner', then he says 'we're gonna have romance for Sheppard'? What a joke.
          Just to clarify because this is making me crazy. He didn't say there was going to be romance for Sheppard. He was jerking around as usual. He said. Nothing is impossible. I guess we'll just have to wait to panic when the movie actually comes out.

Elizabeth, however, seems to be dead to him.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Which is such a shame
            *glares at JM*

Sig by me

Comment

Just to clarify because this is making me crazy. He didn't say there was going to be romance for Sheppard. He was jerking around as usual. He said. Nothing is impossible. I guess we'll just have to wait to panic when the movie actually comes out.
              True, that. It's the same vague 'maybe, maybe not' sort of thing that gets everyone worked up, and then when the episode/movie finally arrives, absolutely nothing happens and we're as bored as ever.

Hoping that if he pretends that the storyline isn't one huge gaping hole big enough to fly a 747 through, it'll just 'magically' disappear. If nothing else, it proves once again he's very good at pretending things that are right in front of his face don't exist. Just like Sparky.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I upset everyone with my posts. I need to stop talking about Joe Mallozzi.
                What I like is to see your reactions about the movie. When I go on a French forum, I see the same reactions. Most people don’t want to see the movie or expected to be disappointed. I must say that Stargate has lost a lot of fan in France. SGA is no longer broadcast on TV in France since the season 2 (except on a channel that we have to pay). Not a surprise

True, that. It's the same vague 'maybe, maybe not' sort of thing that gets everyone worked up, and then when the episode/movie finally arrives, absolutely nothing happens and we're as bored as ever.

Hoping that if he pretends that the storyline isn't one huge gaping hole big enough to fly a 747 through, it'll just 'magically' disappear. If nothing else, it proves once again he's very good at pretending things that are right in front of his face don't exist. Just like Sparky.
                Yes this can not be a conclusion for Weir but it is the only one that they gives us. Fortunately, there are fanfics with better stories for Weir.
                And yes they don't want to see what is front of their eyes but it's too late to deny what exists. Even my mother (she watched only one episode) saw that there was something between Sheppard and Weir while I saw nothing. I wasn't a sparky at this time. I remember thinking "what she is talking about?". Now, I see. My mother is a Sparky before me. I just realize it.
                Last edited by Probie; 26 May 2009, 02:24 PM.
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Mallozzi seems to enjoy yanking the fans' chains. Which certainly doesn't keep the fans happy. Speaking of unhappy fans...

What I like is to see your reactions about the movie. When I go on a French forum, I see the same reactions. Most people don’t want to see the movie or expected to be disappointed. I must say that Stargate has lost a lot of fan in France. SGA is no longer broadcast on TV in France since the season 2 (except on a channel that we have to pay). Not a surprise
                  The producers and the studio seem to be paying even less attention to what the viewers overseas think than the viewers here in the US. That the only channel that's willing to carry SGA over in France is a pay channel is telling... the free channels won't carry it because most viewers won't watch it, either because they don't care or don't like it. What that tells me is that the producers are doing something wrong.

Yes this can not be a conclusion for Weir but it is the only one that they gives us. Fortunately, there are fanfics with better stories for Weir.
                  Guess I'm gonna have to publicly shame whatever producers have the guts to show their faces at Comic-Con this year with a few polite-but-pointed questions.

And yes they don't want to see what is front of their eyes but it's too late to deny what exists. Even my mother, in one episode, saw that there was something between Sheppard and Weir while I saw nothing the first time. I remember thinking "what she is talking about?". Now, I see. My mother is a Sparky before me. I just realize it.
                  *giggles*

Comment

And yes they don't want to see what is front of their eyes but it's too late to deny what exists. Even my mother (she watched only one episode) saw that there was something between Sheppard and Weir while I saw nothing. I wasn't a sparky at this time. I remember thinking "what she is talking about?". Now, I see. My mother is a Sparky before me. I just realize it.
                    Yep, and apparently TPTW are deaf as well as blind. It seems impossible that they aren't aware of the glaring discontent from the fans. I mean, come on JM, do you live under a rock? You're the producer for crying out loud! It's your job to know these things! And you can't even say that it's just the US fans who are upset with your decisions- it's global!
                    But then again, I guess it just boils down to the fact that they just really don't care what the fans think. We are insignificant. An old comment about "mindless lemmings" springs to mind.
                    Oh yeah, really feeling some extreme dislike for TPTW right now.

And that's cool about your mom, Probie. One episode, and she saw Sparky. Heehee!
                    And you know, that almost makes it worse. A person who has only seen one ep can see Sparky right away, but the people who actually make the show, who have seen every ep as it was being made, can't see it. *shakes head and sighs in disgust*

And it's our poor Elizabeth that has to suffer the consequences. You're right SR, she is dead to him. 'nothing is impossible', ha!
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Its a bugger that JM has no intentions of including Elizabeth in the movie... however it wouldn't be the first time he's told furfies to fans....

Meanwhile.. my muse is nibbling... I have a scene in my head... John's in Elizabeth's office for punishment after an indiscretion that has caused major tensions with the Athosians... just what bet did John lose to have to run naked through the Athosian village in the middle of winter.... and what will Lizzy do about it?

Comment

Guess I'm gonna have to publicly shame whatever producers have the guts to show their faces at Comic-Con this year with a few polite-but-pointed questions.
                        Ooo, please do! And make sure and get it on video so we can see how they react. I wanna see how they squirm. *evil grin*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                          Oh yeah, really feeling some extreme dislike for TPTW right now.
                          You and me both. And I'm about to take it out on poor John in my fic. *evil laugh*

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                          Ooo, please do! And make sure and get it on video so we can see how they react. I wanna see how they squirm. *evil grin*
                          Oh, I'm hoping to, believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                            Its a bugger that JM has no intentions of including Elizabeth in the movie... however it wouldn't be the first time he's told furfies to fans....

Meanwhile.. my muse is nibbling... I have a scene in my head... John's in Elizabeth's office for punishment after an indiscretion that has caused major tensions with the Athosians... just what bet did John lose to have to run naked through the Athosian village in the middle of winter.... and what will Lizzy do about it?
                            Heehee. *snickers at John* Sounds extremely amusing. If this is going to be a fic, then I can't wait to read it. That would have to be quite a bet.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                              ZOMG! *dies laughing* Whatever it was, I have no doubt that copious quantities of very potent Athosian moonshine were drunk prior to said bet being delivered.

Comment

You and me both. And I'm about to take it out on poor John in my fic. *evil laugh*
                                *joins in evil laughter*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X