Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    We made it into the top five and had 4 sparky moments. I think that's pretty good considering no one knew about this poll and that we are not the "official" ship or so people tell us. I think this poll proves otherwise. Sparky is teh obvious.
    I would have added a buncha stuff from Lifeline and some of the GITM moments that were shippy. Plus the gems of S3. Maybe just plopped TRW as one big moment?
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      I would have added a buncha stuff from Lifeline and some of the GITM moments that were shippy. Plus the gems of S3. Maybe just plopped TRW as one big moment?
      It's an old poll, before season 3 aired. So people did not get to vote for the awesomeness that is TRW and the defending my honor scene. If they have this poll again people tell me because I so would buy the magazine just so I could vote. lol. *iz sad*
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

We can hold one at GW. And I doubt we would need to tweak the results. (We're too good for cheating anyways.)

Comment

How do we make a poll?
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

You have to ask a mod.

Comment

Ok, I got bored again...

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...pictureid=8818

"A friendly game of one-on-one?"

Comment

Guys, there is only ONE week left to vote in the Sparky Awards. If you have not voted yet, please do so!!

Comment

*scurries inside thread*

*scurries out*
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
                    Ok, I got bored again...

Poor dolls

Comment

Anyways I was thinking about that Stargate Magazine readers poll that the magazine had a couple of years ago. Does anyone know when they might have it again? I mean SGA is ending so they might do one for all seasons of SGA or maybe s3-s5. I just want to know so I can actually you know vote this time. Not that sparky needed that much help since we actually made it on the Most romantic Atlantis moments unlike another ship.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9...0070614mr7.jpg
                      We made it into the top five and had 4 sparky moments. I think that's pretty good considering no one knew about this poll and that we are not the "official" ship or so people tell us. I think this poll proves otherwise. Sparky is teh obvious.
                      So what it comes down to is that Sparky wound up with the most "romantic moments" of all potential ships on SGA (up to that point)... and a certain other ship that TPTW supposedly planned to be "canon" had... none. Which just goes to show, you can't stop chemistry. Oh, the irony. *evil grin*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
                        Ok, I got bored again...

When I saw the phrase "one-on-one" in the caption, I started thinking of something other than basketball... (why yes, I am in the gutter today, why do you ask?)
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          When I saw the phrase "one-on-one" in the caption, I started thinking of something other than basketball... (why yes, I am in the gutter today, why do you ask?)
                          Yeah... I was thinking ice hockey too

Comment

Eri's questions on Progeny from yesterday:

1) Think back to when you first watched Progeny. What did you think then? What do you think now that S4 and 5 have happened?

At the time, I liked it. I thought it was an interesting development given what we already knew about the Ancients during the war with the Wraith. But having seen how things turned out in S4 and S5... massive suckage.

2) The Replicators were a carryover enemy from SG-1, though in a much more societally advanced form in SGA. Do you think it was worth it to resurrect them here? Should a new enemy have been developed instead?

I always thought the Replicators from SG-1 were rather... bland. It was all, replicate and take over the galaxy, blahblahblah. SGA's Asuran Replicators seemed more interesting to me, because of the twist with them being an abandoned creation of the Ancients and the resulting grudge against the Ancients and their "favored" children, humans. What annoyed me was the fact that the storyline was so abruptly dropped in S4, when it should have developed further. Once BAMSR was over, I was left thinking, "that's it?" Total letdown.

3) This is the first episode in which Elizabeth starts out as a member of the off-world exploration team. Did you like it?

Hell. Yes. They should've been doing this since Season 1.

4) Niam and his desire for ascension have a long lasting legacy on SGA. How do you think he and his 'rebel replicators' diverged from the programmed path of aggression harbored by Oberoth and the rest?

Given how they're all supposed to be "updated" simultaneously... I'm not sure. Perhaps the fact that the Wraith had shut down their attack code the first time allowed them to sort of stagnate for long enough that it was possible for them to diverge, or that Oberoth and the others just didn't care about Niam and his followers amusing themselves with their "silly little ideas."

5) What do you think John's 'Attack on Atlantis' scenario meant? Do you think he imagined the scenario all on his own, or did the replicators influence the dream? What does it say about John, that he sacrificed himself to save everyone?

I like what SR said about such a scenario being one of his worst nightmares. In all likelihood, the Asurans probably picked up on that when they probed his mind and simply created a set of circumstances to result in such a situation to see how he would react. As for what it says about John... he values the lives of others more than his own. He's not really suicidal, per se, in that he does not actively seek his own death, but he is committed to protecting others.

6) How do you feel about our group meddling with the Replicator base code and destroying them? Was Teyla justified in questioning their betrayal of Niam's trust?

I think Teyla was justified in questioning their betrayal... For that matter, given Elizabeth's background prior to being recruited for the Stargate program, one would've expected her to also question such a betrayal as well. I think Progeny, as well as other episodes like Michael, demonstrate how far Elizabeth has had to change her views in order to protect Atlantis and by extension, Earth.

7) How human do you consider the replicators, both the 'good' and the 'bad?'

I think Elizabeth herself said it best when she told Oberoth, "You said earlier that your brothers’ greatest weakness was their arrogance. May I suggest it runs in the family?"

8) What purpose do you think having Niam attack Elizabeth in the jumper served? Was it just Liz-whumping, which doesn't happen often, or was there more to it?

Plot device to tie in to TRW. And then oh-so-conveniently jumped on as a way to get rid of her in S4.

Spoiler:
                            9) Elizabeth becomes extremely tied to Oberoth and the Replicators in the later seasons. Why do you think this is? Does it harken back to her involvement in Progeny?

In retrospect, yes. Progeny may not have been intended as such at the time, but as I said earlier, it was "oh-so-convenient" an excuse.

10) The last shot of "Progeny" is of Niam, floating in space. This is mimicked in Ghost in the Machine with the FRAN version of Elizabeth. Was this a good parallel? A heartbreaking one? Both?

Both. Good, because Niam himself tied her to his cause when he appealed to her sympathetic nature in asking for the Lanteans' help. And it's heartbreaking because Niam, I think, was genuine in his desire to rise above what he'd been created to be... and he never achieved it.

Comment

*sigh* Good answers SK! I'm wondering why fans always care more about characters of this show than writers themselves?
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                Was it this quote?

I did my first convention this weekend and found this adorable group of girls - I think they call themselves 'shippers' - who have this thing about Weir and Sheppard and them having sex in closets...It's very weird!
                                Torri Higginson
                                Possibly... but I think the con I went to was after that. It was late in the year in Australia.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                                Hehehehe - I'm addicted to these things......

Spoiler:

*falls into the gutter* I had a totally different thought to the look of satisfaction on her face there...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                *starts to climb out of the gutter, falls back down* So did I!

Comment

Working...
                                X