Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Well, treating the season like an experiment is one of the reasons why we ended up with what we have now.

Those are grownup people. You can't avoid the issue of relationships if you want something decent and realistic. Yes I know it's sci fi, but this is not a show for kids. It's science fiction for relatively grownup people. Intelligent writing is desirable.

BSG used those little details intentionally. SGA didn't. Those happened in by the way fashion... I didn't have a feeling they were done consistently and on purpose.

Yes, there weren't hints of people sleeping with one another in S1 (or other seasons) but in the real world? There would be some comfort $ex after The Storm/The Eye at least.
    Its seems to me that...

Spoiler:
    ...the PTB are quite happy to write major whumpage stories regarding Teyla and the whole baby thing. Y'know, strange psycho man wants to take away child for evil purposes and whatnot, but a character actually being human and possibly embarking on the road of a relationship with someone? Nooo, cant do that.

Seems a bit backward. BSG managed it (the S2 episode The Farm creeped me out/shocked me that they were prepared to portray that kind of treatement of woman) but they managed to show a relationship growing between several characters. Atlantis seems happy to portray the really shocking stuff, but cant deal with humanity.

I hope I explained that well...
    The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
    Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
    "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Love the mom and Dad icons Torri012!! Snurched a few.
      Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Originally posted by Short Angel View Post
        Love the mom and Dad icons Torri012!! Snurched a few.

awww thank you

Comment

i think we need more sparky music videos for songs i was looking through my tunes and i saw these:

I'll be alright without you-Journey
          After All (Love theme from Chances are) Cher
          your still the one - Shania Twain
          The Ghost of you- My Chemical Romance
          Can't Help Falling in Love- The Immortal Elvis Presley
          I only have eyes for you- The Flammingoes.

these were only a handful of the songs i found that would probably make good sparky videos ever since i saw the first two episodes of Season 4 and this mortal coil i've been listening to these songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            i think we need more sparky music videos for songs i was looking through my tunes and i saw these:

these were only a handful of the songs i found that would probably make good sparky videos ever since i saw the first two episodes of Season 4 and this mortal coil i've been listening to these songs.
            hm.. i'm alright with doing one for a MCR song but then only a cool one .. like .. famous last words .. or .. kill my friends ... or .. dead!

Comment

Torri i demand more icons!

Oh songs? don't get me started i wont stop i wa shoping to make one to Christina Aguleria - Hurt
              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

My favorite sparky song? Is this: Dwight Yoakam - The back of your hand

(and that's my video.... made for the very first sparky story I wrote)
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

my first sparky video i made to... gezz i can't even remember there were so many lol. I know my first Sam and Jack one was to 4ever byt the Veronica's

the earlist i can remember of sparky was When you say nothing at all - Ronan Keating. so i think tahts pretty much my fav sparky song
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

damn, I have some serious catching up to do..

I love Haunted by Kelly Clarkson, it's very Sparky season 4!!!!

edit: How to save a life by The fray, also s4 sparky. This song always makes me cry

Fantastic icons Torri, more please

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                      Torri i demand more icons!
                      Originally posted by sofie View Post
                      Fantastic icons Torri, more please
                      hiii, thanks you two

well, just tell me what you want and it try it

Comment

Hello!

I'm up for any games--I just can't participate too much in anything based around fanfiction, because I have nowhere near the knowledge everyone else does and I don't have time to read much, unfortunately. It's either read it or write it, and right now I'm working on writing it!

Does anyone have a summary of the Elizabeth moments mentioned in Kindred I, II and TLM? I'm not expecting there to be much mention of anything, but I heard KII had a few things. I'm curious, and it'll help me with my fanfic.

To keep the forum chatty--perhaps we can do a 'one episode a day' sort of discussion about possible sparky moments for each episode of Atlantis, in chronological order? It would be great for people not so versed in all Atlantis episodes, allow us to picspam, let us debate about what we think was sparky and what wasn't, and point out the sparky in what appears, on the surface, to be a non-sparky episode.

One a day, so everyone can pitch in throughout the day, general discussion, not many rules, fanfic/fanvid mentions for sequels/stories based on/summarizations, etc.

Ought to take a good 60 or so days to get through them all. We can stop with the Elizabeth episodes in S4, though we can make mention of the few times she's mentioned/seems to be thought of (like in Miller's Crossing).
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          Hello!

I'm up for any games--I just can't participate too much in anything based around fanfiction, because I have nowhere near the knowledge everyone else does and I don't have time to read much, unfortunately. It's either read it or write it, and right now I'm working on writing it!

Does anyone have a summary of the Elizabeth moments mentioned in Kindred I, II and TLM? I'm not expecting there to be much mention of anything, but I heard KII had a few things. I'm curious, and it'll help me with my fanfic.

To keep the forum chatty--perhaps we can do a 'one episode a day' sort of discussion about possible sparky moments? It would be great for people not so versed in all Atlantis episodes, allow us to picspam, let us debate about what we think was sparky and what wasn't, and point out the sparky in what appears, on the surface, to be a non-sparky episode.

One a day, so everyone can pitch in throughout the day, general discussion, not many rules, fanfic/fanvid mentions for sequels/stories based on/summarizations, etc.

Ought to take a good 60 or so days to get through them all. We can stop with the Elizabeth episodes in S4, though we can make mention of the few times she's mentioned/seems to be thought of (like in Miller's Crossing).
                          Yay! That's a good idea!!! I'm in!! If we start with The Rising, pointing out obvious and not so obvious sparky moments.... Rising is full of them!

If I may start - the moment when he sits in the chair for the first time,a nd Carson calls for rest of them. It's the first time they see each other. We know she had a chat with him later, convincing him to join the expedition, and that he wasn't very excited, more like hesitant. I wish we saw that. She probbably turned his world upside down, and I can only imagine what he thought of her enthusiasm.

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Guess what?

I'm back.

And I give you An Eye for an Eye Chapter 3.

What have I missed?
                            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post

I suggested this ages ago when we were doing the Sparky fan mixes...

I Am - Bon Jovi (from the Have A Nice Day album. Excellent song, as far as I know never released as a single)

And a few more, because I LOVE BON JOVI SO EFFIN MUCH (yet cannot afford a ticket to see them when they're in the UK )

Always - Bon Jovi

Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore - Bon Jovi (feat. LeAnne Rimes)
                              The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
                              Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
                              "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

There was a good Sparky video made to the song Always by Bon Jovi, not sure if it's still available on YouTube or not though.
                                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Working...
                                X