No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cat is lucky is is so very cute. He nibbled my cheek this morning. He is a tiny terrorist.

I have a bit of convention envy this weekend, I saw some picks of Joe, Rachael, Rainbow and Paul at a con somewhere.

And- it’s new bike day! I sold my hardtail and upgraded to a full suspension MTB. Super excited to get it on a trail tomorrow! Rainy here though, so crossing my fingers the trails drain enough to ride.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I finally caved and got a subscription to Apple+ so I could binge Ted Lasso before its last 2 episodes. I figured it might be nice to watch them right away. Well, I probably won't get to current by the next episode drop on Wednesday (let's hope I actually get some sleep periods in there between binging), but I should be caught up before the finale.

I figure I can cancel right after that, and I'll have only cost myself one month's fee. There's a free trial period, but it's only for 1 week. I didn't want to attempt binging that fast. Of course, it's possible I won't like it. But Tumblr has me shipping for the show just from seeing gif sets. I'm such a shipping fool.

I've had some evil sunburns as well. Actually had sun poisoning once. It was quite unpleasant. When I'm in a sunny locale, I have to be much more careful than I am around here typically. The umbrella is a brilliant idea, though!!
      Sun poisoning?!? That does sound unpleasant. Can't take credit for the umbrella idea, I used to see older Asian and Hispanic ladies carrying them back when I lived in SoCal, and I thought it was brilliant too.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
      My cat is lucky is is so very cute. He nibbled my cheek this morning. He is a tiny terrorist.

I have a bit of convention envy this weekend, I saw some picks of Joe, Rachael, Rainbow and Paul at a con somewhere.

And- it’s new bike day! I sold my hardtail and upgraded to a full suspension MTB. Super excited to get it on a trail tomorrow! Rainy here though, so crossing my fingers the trails drain enough to ride.
      Hah! Silly kitty!

Ahh, one day I'll get back to a con...

Yay for new bike! Hope you get to go out on a trail with it soon!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post

Awww, kitty gave you love nibbles!

Congrats on the new bike!

And another convention should be another event for the Sparky World Tour.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
        Sun poisoning?!? That does sound unpleasant. Can't take credit for the umbrella idea, I used to see older Asian and Hispanic ladies carrying them back when I lived in SoCal, and I thought it was brilliant too.
        Yeah, I was light-headed, nauseated, chills, and had a killer headache. I was supposed to be watching my then young niece and nephew and I had to call my mom to come help me out cause all I could really manage was to lay on the couch watching videos all day.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

And another convention should be another event for the Sparky World Tour.
          The Sparky World Tour never ends!

Yeah, I was light-headed, nauseated, chills, and had a killer headache. I was supposed to be watching my then young niece and nephew and I had to call my mom to come help me out cause all I could really manage was to lay on the couch watching videos all day.
          Yikes! Maybe not quite Sheppard-level whump, but that's gotta be close.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oops... missed a bit I see.

Also, where did May go? I mean, we're almost at the end of it...

Anywho... work is busy and now that I've more or less left the "OH MY GODDESS, WHAT DID I DO" phase behind me, I'm gradually finding my place.

Had another team event last week --> the underground canals (read: sewers) of Antwerp. I was the only one in the group who didn't seem to have a problem with the smell. I thought it smelled like the catacombs of an old castle or the way those old WWI semi-underground forts smell.

It was epic though cause there was like 200 years of layered history, some rats (not many) and a freakishly cool spider. Obviously, since I was the only female in the group, the guide expectantly looked at me to go "ew" when he pointed the spider and rats out to us and all I commented on was how the rat didn't look very healthy and shrugged at the spider's webs. (They contain the rat population when it grows too big -- which I was the one to ask him about it too)

Had a meeting with the team which was very pleasant and then diner at the Bomma, a restaurant serving the sort of food grandma would serve. They even had a thing that if you brought a picture of your grandma with you, you'd get a free drink. The owner told us that he had over 2000 pictures of grandma's hanging on his walls.

This coming weekend we got tickets to visit the military planes at the airport. Monday is a national holiday, then tuesday I have a proof-of-concept meeting in Antwerp with a client (my POC is not finished so that's going to interesting this week), and I think by the end of next week I have a meeting with the company I work for now at their offices ... at the other end of Belgium.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm mid-way through season 2 of Ted Lasso (before you're all like.... whaaaaaaaa? The first season only had 10 episodes. Seasons 2 has 12. It's not like binging a normal, full run show. And besides, restless leg syndrome has made my insomnia reach new heights this past week).

FH - Howdy! Glad to read that you're getting along well with your new coworkers. Really interesting trips.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              The Sparky World Tour never ends!
              Never!!!

Yikes! Maybe not quite Sheppard-level whump, but that's gotta be close.
              I didn't have to go near any nuclear bombs to eventually solve the situation, so I'd call that a win.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

FH: Whoa, you've got a busy week! Those team trips sound like so much fun!

I didn't have to go near any nuclear bombs to eventually solve the situation, so I'd call that a win.

Comment

Let me present you with Belgium at its finest today:

The news at 8:30 this morning reported that the Flemish government had decided to change the names of places on the roadside traffic-signs to the language of the destination, so instead of, for example the city of Liege, it would say Liège (French) instead of Luik (Dutch).

The main reason was to lessen the confusion of drivers, foreign and domestic. I mean, I get it. It can get confusing sometimes, no argument there.

HOWEVER... as you may well know, or not know, we have very specific laws about the use of what language where so my first thought when I heard the news was: "LOL!! See how long that'll last with our language laws!"

*** Later that same day... approximately 6hrs later...

There's an article on my main news page reporting the plan has been revoked and due to the language laws the signs will have to remain in Dutch in Flanders, French in the Walloon region, German in the German region and bilingual in the Brussels area.

I LOL'd so hard when I saw that.

Oh yeah, maybe you didn't know this yet but we not only have country borders (well on paper we have them) but we also have a language border.

Comment

What are the laws on having multiple languages on signs?
                    I am thinking Liege (Luik). or Luik (Liege).
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

FH That's too funny.

So, the second to last episode of Ted Lasso came out last night and my ship isn't going to happen and I feel ship baited. AGAIN. Damnit for Tumblr making me fall in love with this damned good show.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

FH: OMGLMAO! Ahhh, the insanity of government.

So, the second to last episode of Ted Lasso came out last night and my ship isn't going to happen and I feel ship baited. AGAIN. Damnit for Tumblr making me fall in love with this damned good show.
                        Ouch! Yeah, this is why I don't watch much new TV anymore. Too many opportunities to be disappointed. *hugs you*

Comment

Ouch! Yeah, this is why I don't watch much new TV anymore. Too many opportunities to be disappointed. *hugs you*
                          Thank you! *glomps back*

The sliver of optimist in me (whose voice sounds like my mother's) is saying "There's still one week to go!" but the more realistic, cynical part of my brain (from my dad's side) is like "What did you expect?? Your ships almost never sail." I was thinking about it and the only ships I can think of that ended happily (outside of Jane Austen) are Katniss/Peeta in The Hunger Games and John/Aeryn of Farscape. Other than that....

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                            What are the laws on having multiple languages on signs?
                            I am thinking Liege (Luik). or Luik (Liege).
                            Only available in the Brussels area which is bilingual so there the signs are usually bilingual. In any of the other regions it has to be in the language of the region so Dutch (or Flemish as we tend to say), French or German.

Heck, a couple of years ago there was a proverbial firestorm when Brussels Airport decided to create a "Kiss & Ride" zone, and actually named it that. The whole of the Flemish government bent over backwards cause they couldn't use the English term for it. They changed it to Drop-Off zone, the word drop-off having been adopted in the Flemish dictionary so an acceptable term.

Obviously, the jokes and memes have been brilliant.

Comment

Hey y’all! Time for my biannual pop in to ensure I’m alive and kicking

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Let me present you with Belgium at its finest today:

The news at 8:30 this morning reported that the Flemish government had decided to change the names of places on the roadside traffic-signs to the language of the destination, so instead of, for example the city of Liege, it would say Liège (French) instead of Luik (Dutch).

The main reason was to lessen the confusion of drivers, foreign and domestic. I mean, I get it. It can get confusing sometimes, no argument there.

HOWEVER... as you may well know, or not know, we have very specific laws about the use of what language where so my first thought when I heard the news was: "LOL!! See how long that'll last with our language laws!"

*** Later that same day... approximately 6hrs later...

There's an article on my main news page reporting the plan has been revoked and due to the language laws the signs will have to remain in Dutch in Flanders, French in the Walloon region, German in the German region and bilingual in the Brussels area.

I LOL'd so hard when I saw that.

Oh yeah, maybe you didn't know this yet but we not only have country borders (well on paper we have them) but we also have a language border.
                              Holy guacamole Batman! I had no idea that Belgium had language borders. I mean, sure, we have different dialects and accents here and you can more or less tell where someone is from by how they talk, but not quite to that degree.

Comment

Curse Tumblr for making us fall in love with all these people who aren’t actually in love with each other onscreen, at least Sorry girl *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X