No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is our National Day and as is traditional it's raining cats and dogs.

At least, it was in the early afternoon. We even gave it a name:

Drache nationale » is a popular name given to the heavy rain that sometimes falls on Belgium on the national holiday.​"

Leaving for France tomorrow afternoon where the weather will be the same as it is here now, rain and dry spells with a temp no higher than 68° (so between 20 and 22° Celsius).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, and what I forgot to say before about traffic court... Remember how I said my ticket was on a stretch of road where everyone speeds, and FH was like "ching, ching! $$$" Well, she was absolutely correct. Four out of every five tickets that came up to the court were from two different roads - one of which was the one where I got caught. The judge noticed how it kept being the same 2 roads and was cracking jokes about it. I warned my friends on Facebook about the 2 roads, as they are clearly the town's speed traps (at least for this month).

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Drache nationale » is a popular name given to the heavy rain that sometimes falls on Belgium on the national holiday.​"

Leaving for France tomorrow afternoon where the weather will be the same as it is here now, rain and dry spells with a temp no higher than 68° (so between 20 and 22° Celsius).
      That sucks that it's raining on your national holiday! (But funny that it's so common you have a name for it).

Have fun in France!! I would love to be in those temps! And to be in France. *sigh*

Comment

JT2 does that mean no luck on the ticket?

FH-safe travels.

SK- for whatever reason when I read about you raiding the mainland I feel the need to stock my pantry too lol. I did clean it out so it will be ready if I dare to raid my Costco soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          JT2 does that mean no luck on the ticket?
          Oh I did get it cleared from my record. There's a law in RI that as long as you've had a clean driving record for 3 years, you can get one ticket cleared from the record. That's what I used. It still cost me $60 but the ticket would have been $90 and it would have impacted my car insurance.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

OMG, that's hilarious that it always rains on that day! Have fun on your vacay, sounds like the weather is going to be wonderful!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Oh, and what I forgot to say before about traffic court... Remember how I said my ticket was on a stretch of road where everyone speeds, and FH was like "ching, ching! $$$" Well, she was absolutely correct. Four out of every five tickets that came up to the court were from two different roads - one of which was the one where I got caught. The judge noticed how it kept being the same 2 roads and was cracking jokes about it. I warned my friends on Facebook about the 2 roads, as they are clearly the town's speed traps (at least for this month).
            Yeah, the cops sure weren't subtle about it, were they?

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            SK- for whatever reason when I read about you raiding the mainland I feel the need to stock my pantry too lol. I did clean it out so it will be ready if I dare to raid my Costco soon.
            Hey, keeps everything fresh, right?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's a bit windy on the west coast of France... and we are clearly having a view on a busy shippinglane cause we've spotted several big ships -- one even so genormous I mistook it for an oilplatform. Turned out it was actually one of those ships that hauls containers to and fro.

Comment

I hope Pat is well rugged up.
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Yeah, the cops sure weren't subtle about it, were they?
                  Not at all! This court is held every 2 weeks, and there were like 50 people altogether. They were busy little bees on those 2 roads. It made me feel a little better about being stopped, to be honest. Cause I certainly wasn't alone! What was weird was that there were far more women present than men. That makes me wonder why that is. Does the (male) cop let other men go? Or is it just that more women make the effort to get their records cleared?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                  It's a bit windy on the west coast of France... and we are clearly having a view on a busy shippinglane cause we've spotted several big ships -- one even so genormous I mistook it for an oilplatform. Turned out it was actually one of those ships that hauls containers to and fro.
                  As long as they don't get stuck like the Evergiven.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Whee, ship-spotting!

As long as they don't get stuck like the Evergiven.

LMAO!

Not at all! This court is held every 2 weeks, and there were like 50 people altogether. They were busy little bees on those 2 roads. It made me feel a little better about being stopped, to be honest. Cause I certainly wasn't alone! What was weird was that there were far more women present than men. That makes me wonder why that is. Does the (male) cop let other men go? Or is it just that more women make the effort to get their records cleared?
                    I'm inclined to think that in general, most women do care more about getting their records cleared...though the cynical part of me also wouldn't be surprised if more men were let go in the first place. ​​​​​​​
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Whee, ship-spotting!
                      Funny you should mention it cause today we wondered if the ship-tracking equivalent existed of Flightradar24... and it does: MarineTraffic.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Funny you should mention it cause today we wondered if the ship-tracking equivalent existed of Flightradar24... and it does: MarineTraffic.
                        MarineTraffic is so awesome! I'm on there at least once a week looking to see what's around the islands. Some fancy fancy yachts are out here, let me tell you...

Comment

Learned today that not all ships can be tracked... mind you, it was an old type 3-masted naval barque.

Also, the weather was clear enough for me to see across the Channel and spot the white cliffs of Dover (Great-Britain). Turns out, we are indeed on the narrow bit of the North Sea where France and the British Isles are but a stone's throw away from each other.

Comment

Turns out, we are indeed on the narrow bit of the North Sea where France and the British Isles are but a stone's throw away from each other.
                            Tell me you did not throw Pat & Josephine across just to prove it.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

My mom met my step-dad at traffic court lol.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Learned today that not all ships can be tracked... mind you, it was an old type 3-masted naval barque.

Also, the weather was clear enough for me to see across the Channel and spot the white cliffs of Dover (Great-Britain). Turns out, we are indeed on the narrow bit of the North Sea where France and the British Isles are but a stone's throw away from each other.
                                Coolness! Always awesome when things come together like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X