No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I don't know if this site is acting whacky, or it's my computer, or it's just me.

I wish I could give you some of my extra weight. It would benefit us all! I am most certainly not designed to be thin. Even when I was at my thinnest, I was a large person. Big bones. My mom was even worse. She was 5'4" and wore size 10 shoes. I also wear size 10 shoes but I'm 5'7". For those non-Americans, a women's size 10 is very, very large. It's typically the last size in regular stock at shoe stores.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

My Seattle Kraken got eliminated in the Stanley Cup Playoffs last night. Sad face. But hey, we took out the defending champs in the first round and then pushed Dallas all the way to Game 7 in the second round, so not too bad for a second year expansion team!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Okay I don't know if this site is acting whacky, or it's my computer, or it's just me.
      Hmm, nothing weird on my end...could just be the server having indigestion again...

I wish I could give you some of my extra weight. It would benefit us all! I am most certainly not designed to be thin. Even when I was at my thinnest, I was a large person. Big bones. My mom was even worse. She was 5'4" and wore size 10 shoes. I also wear size 10 shoes but I'm 5'7". For those non-Americans, a women's size 10 is very, very large. It's typically the last size in regular stock at shoe stores.
      Heh! All I really need is to move the weight I do have around to other parts of the body, and I'll be good.

OMG at the shoe sizes. I wear a size 7, but when I was little, getting shoes was such a pain because my feet were so narrow. Still kinda tricksy today depending on what kind of shoe it is...athletic shoes always seem too wide for me. *headdesk*

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
      Happy Monday I bought myself a bike rack for the jeep for Mother’s Day. It is a trailer hitch one and it is a beast. So hopefully no flying bikes as I’m on the roads. My bike does fit in the back of the jeep but it takes all the space and I need a lot of space for snacks

I had a free Apple TV trial so I’ve been watching yet more shows during the random rain showers we had this weekend. I’m liking Silo. Different from things I’ve watched before. It has one of the Dune actors as a lead.
      ​Oooh, new toys! Have fun with the trailer! And yeah, always gotta leave room for snacks.

I think I'm gonna let my Disney+ subscription hang on for another month so I can watch Andor. I've heard good things about it.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        My Seattle Kraken got eliminated in the Stanley Cup Playoffs last night. Sad face. But hey, we took out the defending champs in the first round and then pushed Dallas all the way to Game 7 in the second round, so not too bad for a second year expansion team!
        Yeah, not bad at all though!! I have a few family members very upset about the Boston Bruins tanking in round 1 when they had such a good season. The Boston Celtics are still in it, for basketball. The Boston Red Sox (baseball) are sucking big time.

I just can't wait for football season. The schedule came out and the first game for the New England Patriots will be against the Philadelphia Eagles, you know... the team that was so good it went to the Super Bowl last year. Gonna be a rough season for the Patriots. *shrugs* I had all those good seasons with the Patriots where they won all the time. I have to accept a few down years.

Hmm, nothing weird on my end...could just be the server having indigestion again...
        It's definitely my PC. It's acting a little sluggish.

Heh! All I really need is to move the weight I do have around to other parts of the body, and I'll be good.
        Ha!! I have a friend who is large like me and we've both complained that we didn't get the large chests that most larger women have.

And we've both had breast cancer in our 40s! Seems unfair somehow.

OMG at the shoe sizes. I wear a size 7, but when I was little, getting shoes was such a pain because my feet were so narrow. Still kinda tricksy today depending on what kind of shoe it is...athletic shoes always seem too wide for me. *headdesk*

I have the opposite problem with having wide feet. As my mom got older she even needed extra-wide, which are hard to come by. We had to either order them online or go to a specialty shoe store and pay super $$$.

Comment

I had insomnia last night, so I went grocery shopping right when the store opened at 7am. There was no one there, which was great. I was pretty much alone with the workers. On the other hand, nothing was really ready for the day. The bakery stuffs weren't out yet, etc.

My brother and sister-in-law get up at 4:30am every day, and I texted them to say they are crazy. There should only be ONE 4:30 a day that we're awake for.

Comment

JT2- Can you also text my cat about the 4:30 am thing? He is relentless when he decides I’ve slept enough. I usually give up about 6 am and then he trots off to plan other acts of mayhem.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
              JT2- Can you also text my cat about the 4:30 am thing? He is relentless when he decides I’ve slept enough. I usually give up about 6 am and then he trots off to plan other acts of mayhem.

That's how my sister-in-law responded to me - that their cats wouldn't let them sleep past 4:30 regardless. Cats are such little sh*ts, aren't they? Good thing they're so cute.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a fabulous Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I had insomnia last night, so I went grocery shopping right when the store opened at 7am. There was no one there, which was great. I was pretty much alone with the workers. On the other hand, nothing was really ready for the day. The bakery stuffs weren't out yet, etc.

My brother and sister-in-law get up at 4:30am every day, and I texted them to say they are crazy. There should only be ONE 4:30 a day that we're awake for.
                I was up at 4 this morning to make the early ferry and after spending all day pillaging the mainland, I feel like a zombie right now. I don't know how anyone can do this every day, a-hole cats or no.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was up at 4 this morning to make the early ferry and after spending all day pillaging the mainland, I feel like a zombie right now. I don't know how anyone can do this every day, a-hole cats or no.
                  I figured you must have been hitting the mainland today when you didn't post. That is a very long and exhausting day!! I hope you get some good rest.

Did you make out well on your shopping spree?

Last edited by JT-2; 17 May 2023, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I figured you must have been hitting the mainland today when you didn't post. That is a very long and exhausting day!! I hope you get some good rest.

Did you make out well on your shopping spree?
                    Made out like a bandit, got lots of good stuff! And then slept like the dead, LOL. Now, time to put all my loot away!

Comment

Made out like a bandit, got lots of good stuff! And then slept like the dead, LOL. Now, time to put all my loot away!
                      Yay for good stuff, and for good sleep!!

And after you finish putting everything away, you'll need a nap!

Comment

I have to go to the dermatologist today. I hate being so pale. Damn genes.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yay for good stuff, and for good sleep!!

And after you finish putting everything away, you'll need a nap!
                          LOL that's for sure!

I have to go to the dermatologist today. I hate being so pale. Damn genes.
                          Yup. Hats and sunscreen and long sleeves and long pants and even gloves for my hands, oh my!

Comment

Yup. Hats and sunscreen and long sleeves and long pants and even gloves for my hands, oh my!
                            Okay I don't go that far, so maybe you're paler than I am, which I didn't think was possible.

All was good at my appointment. Don't have to go for another year. Woohoo!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Okay I don't go that far, so maybe you're paler than I am, which I didn't think was possible.
                              Hah! I'm probably not any paler than you, but having had evil sunburns before, I've decided to simply take all measures to prevent them from happening again. Including carrying a small pocket umbrella for when I'm standing outside in a line. Seriously! I've done it at conventions, and OMG the envious looks I get from other convention attendees!

All was good at my appointment. Don't have to go for another year. Woohoo!!
                              Great news!

Comment

I finally caved and got a subscription to Apple+ so I could binge Ted Lasso before its last 2 episodes. I figured it might be nice to watch them right away. Well, I probably won't get to current by the next episode drop on Wednesday (let's hope I actually get some sleep periods in there between binging), but I should be caught up before the finale.

I figure I can cancel right after that, and I'll have only cost myself one month's fee. There's a free trial period, but it's only for 1 week. I didn't want to attempt binging that fast. Of course, it's possible I won't like it. But Tumblr has me shipping for the show just from seeing gif sets. I'm such a shipping fool.

Hah! I'm probably not any paler than you, but having had evil sunburns before, I've decided to simply take all measures to prevent them from happening again. Including carrying a small pocket umbrella for when I'm standing outside in a line. Seriously! I've done it at conventions, and OMG the envious looks I get from other convention attendees!
                                I've had some evil sunburns as well. Actually had sun poisoning once. It was quite unpleasant. When I'm in a sunny locale, I have to be much more careful than I am around here typically. The umbrella is a brilliant idea, though!!

Comment

Working...
                                X